Author Topic: The media(ESPN) hates the Celtics, yesterday pathetic retransmission  (Read 5699 times)

Re: The media(ESPN) hates the Celtics, yesterday pathetic retransmission
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 03:50:34 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
"With no regard for human life" is probably my favorite play call of all time.

Really?  I hated that, especially because it happened against the Celtics. Remember, all the experts thought the Celtics were done just because of that one dunk by Lebron. They were saying they didn't know if the Celtics could come back from that. ::)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 04:12:08 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Really?  I hated that, especially because it happened against the Celtics. Remember, all the experts thought the Celtics were done just because of that one dunk by Lebron. They were saying they didn't know if the Celtics could come back from that. ::)

That wasn't the first time Harlan said that.  I heard him do it with I think a T-Mac dunk a few years earlier, and I doubt that was the first time either.

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 04:35:28 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
I know, but you can't expect any better from them. I mean, come on. It's ESPN. All they want to do is boost up their number of viewers by showing flashing highlights over true substance.

Think about it, they just mold themselves to be more appealing to the average viewer, who doesn't have any real bball knowledge, unfortunately. Do you really think an average American cares about how KG played defense or how Rondo dishes assists? Of course not. He wants to take his pants off, grab a bear and watch LeBron highlights and Blake's boring dunks. He just doesn't care about anything else. Everyone likes the flashy, superstar athletes more than guys who work hard and hustle. That's why there is always a general opinion that those flashy, whiny guys are better, but infact they're just more exposed to the dumb mass media like ESPN
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 04:51:42 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

The red blood cell count is up....OH, HEMOGLOBIN!

EDIT:

'He's deadly when distant.'
'He's not my vydas. He's not your vydas. He's Arvydas.'
'Your puny ballparks are too small to contain my gargantuan blasts! Bring me the finest meats and cheeses for a clubhouse feast!'

Kenny Mayne and Craig Kilborn make Kevin Harlan look like that guy from Sportscenter whose name I can never remember.

It's definitely better than "Boo-ya!" or "Ready or not, Refugees takin over" or "It's a block party with Pookie and Nae-Nae and all o dem". One man sshouldn't try so hard.

Ya know...as a man of color I get very sad when I think about Stuart Scott.
lol, i kinda cringe when he whips out the block party one.

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 04:57:38 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
But the thing I hate the most and makes me want to smash my TV with a sledgehammer are the Clippers commentators. I swear it, if I hear another "slaaaaam duuuunk" or " oh me oh my" I'll do what I said above.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 05:35:20 PM »

Offline Swoopz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
Huh, yesterday in either the pregame show or during halftime, Magic Johnson and Jon Barry said that Rondo was the best point guard in the league. I was pretty surprised but I think they qualified it by saying he was the best 'pure' point guard. Still, along with Shaq, we seem to have some friends in the media.