Author Topic: The Make Fun of Sasha Vujacic Thread  (Read 17155 times)

Re: The Make Fun of Sasha Vujacic Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2008, 11:49:30 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
A true basketball fan does not make fun of anyone in the NBA - remember just to be considered for an NBA team is a success. The one thing I am embarrassed about are the fair weather Boston Celtic fans - the ones who last season couldn't say enough bad things about the Celtics - the ones who were calling for Doc's resignation, saying that Danny was a failure - the same ones that this winning season are wearing their greens as if they were die hard, all weather fans, the ones that make fun of the Sasha Vujacic's. Ray Allens drive against Vujacic wasn't the winning move of the game - the whole fourth quarter was.

Thanks for the downer.  These are the Lakers we're talking about.  Of course we can rationalize that these guys are better than 99.999999% of all basketball players walking the earth and we can respect that.  What we can't respect is that they play for a despicable team, that wears despicable uniforms, and Vujacic is one of the more despicable of all of the despicable.  The point isn't that he, or the Lakers, aren't more talented hoopsters than any of us could ever dream.  The point is that they are WORSE than our beloved Celtics and Vujacic got smoked bad in a clutch situation and cried about it. 

Therefore, we, as fans of the victors, are quite entitled to make fun of him - and enjoy the hell out of it.

Yeah, exactly, Redz.  Apparently S.V. has relatives in New Zealand.

The Lakers are a bunch of whiny, disrespectful chokers who give no respect to our players, and constantly blame the refs for everything (including not knowing how to play defense).  Yet, we're not allowed to mock them?

I say bash on, folks, bash on.  (Just do it within site rules.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2008, 12:06:42 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
That tripping incident should have not only been a foul but also a technical. If that wasn't a textbook case of a player trying to injure another player then I don't know what is?

Such a euro move too.....
 ;D
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2008, 12:20:39 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
another classless act from a classless player(remember the three he shot when they won their series against the spurs? classless..)

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2008, 01:10:26 PM »

Offline MaineBleedsGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
yeah that scissor kick move was ridiculous. I really hope if this thing gets chippy Sunday that Sasha is somehow involved.

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2008, 01:14:05 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
yeah that scissor kick move was ridiculous. I really hope if this thing gets chippy Sunday that Sasha is somehow involved.

And the fact that he cried about that play specifically "He falls down, they call a foul" when it a. happened after he'd already pulled Ray down on a rebound, b. was 2 feet in front of the ref, and c. was super-slo-mo'ed and openly mocked by the announcers, just makes it all the more ridiculous.

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2008, 01:20:31 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I (like Bill Simmons) really thought Vujacic would have been punched by one of the Celtics by now. He is so freakin' annoying!!! Although I do honestly respect his game.

He's had to put up with a lot of roasting in LA over the years too. One of the local radio guys used to call him Sasha Vuja-crap for 2 years, or the Cream Puff, because he was so soft. I've got 2% sympathy for him. The other 98% wants me to see him get decked!

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2008, 01:42:07 PM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Check out the Laker team chemistry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUUah2xtLqY

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2008, 02:15:09 PM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=7uOnCRzBrgg&feature=related

I saw that Laker video posted on RealGM. It's actually pretty fun even if was made by Laker fans..

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2008, 02:19:38 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Hysterical.  Kobe got more aggressive with Vujacic on the bench than any Laker has gotten with the Celtics in the entire series.  I cannot believe that Kobe elbowed Vujacic like that.  BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Well sorta making fun of Sasha, but...

After the epic miracle comeback, I went to the RealGM Lakers forum and started reading the entire gamethread.  It was rather humorous to see the Laker fan responses when they were in mid-blowout.   "ahahahaha... this is the REAL Lakers team...." and "BOSTON BLOWOUT!!" and... "ODOM!!! NEVAH LET UP... NEVAH... LET... UP!" and "WoOOOOoOOOoooo" and... "ARIZA!! I NEVER DOUBTED YOU.  LAKERS in 6!!!"  etc etc etc...

Someone went ahead and posted this pic in the middle of all of that:

The best part of that thread was after halftime when the Lakers were up by 18 someone goes, "time to unleash the beast!!" (in reference to Kobe not getting it going yet).   It was followed by someone going, "Yeah release the shackles!!"...  followed by one particularly ballsy Celtics troll/fan named sh0win responding with this:

"I hope the shackles do release, so we will comeback into this game. Kobe love to jack, jack, and jack more when he misses. It's like his ego makes him want to prove that he could get 1 basket out of 20 shots.

So "unleash" your shackles Kobe, we will shut down your role players while you jack and make you pay dearly for your defenseless gambles.

Bos in 5."

Naturally that prompted replies of: 

"lol@this guy... you mean lakers in 6?
LO FOR THE WINNNNNNNNN!"

and

"I LOL'D"

....   the remainder of that thread = hilarity ensued

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2008, 02:39:51 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Wow...That is some graphic!
Yup

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2008, 02:53:07 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59

NOOOOOOOOO, I will **** my pants!!!

ROFL LOOOOOOOL ROFL

TP for finding! (oops, cant give it no more, have to wait)

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2008, 03:27:25 PM »

Offline mikeford

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18
If Perk is really done with his shoulder issue, we should just suit him up for Game 5 and have him deck Sasha with his good arm and call it a series.

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2008, 03:31:22 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2008, 03:34:27 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
Well sorta making fun of Sasha, but...

After the epic miracle comeback, I went to the RealGM Lakers forum and started reading the entire gamethread.  It was rather humorous to see the Laker fan responses when they were in mid-blowout.   "ahahahaha... this is the REAL Lakers team...." and "BOSTON BLOWOUT!!" and... "ODOM!!! NEVAH LET UP... NEVAH... LET... UP!" and "WoOOOOoOOOoooo" and... "ARIZA!! I NEVER DOUBTED YOU.  LAKERS in 6!!!"  etc etc etc...

Someone went ahead and posted this pic in the middle of all of that:

The best part of that thread was after halftime when the Lakers were up by 18 someone goes, "time to unleash the beast!!" (in reference to Kobe not getting it going yet).   It was followed by someone going, "Yeah release the shackles!!"...  followed by one particularly ballsy Celtics troll/fan named sh0win responding with this:

"I hope the shackles do release, so we will comeback into this game. Kobe love to jack, jack, and jack more when he misses. It's like his ego makes him want to prove that he could get 1 basket out of 20 shots.

So "unleash" your shackles Kobe, we will shut down your role players while you jack and make you pay dearly for your defenseless gambles.

Bos in 5."

Naturally that prompted replies of: 

"lol@this guy... you mean lakers in 6?
LO FOR THE WINNNNNNNNN!"

and

"I LOL'D"

....   the remainder of that thread = hilarity ensued

Do you have a link for this? I have to have it.

Still don't believe in Joe.