Author Topic: Brandon Ingram Out For Remainder Of The Year With Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)  (Read 6417 times)

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Also - and I am totally picking on you Phantom :P - Deep Venom Thrombosis?? Like, that sounds even worse than the real thing!

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Wow I was talking with my Lakers friend and his first comment was, "ugh I don't even care anymore. he has no trade value anymore"... like the guy has blood clots which could seriously affect his career and that's your first real thought about all this?? Sad part is though, I'm sure Lebron now feels the same way actually  ::)
Sadly, I see more and more of this type of attitude towards players. They are judged as a monetary entity as well as a basketball player and a person. Not sure when this phenomena began.

Did the advent of reporting player's salaries start this? Did video gaming and fantasy sports, especially money leagues, help to create this attitude? Did the ever increasing costs of being a fan cause it as well?

Not sure of the answers for any of those questions, but I think often, we forget these athletes are people and have their own issues.

I think it sad that any Laker fan would be angry over this because it lowers Ingram's trade value. I can't imagine any Celtic fan was angry over Hayward's contract the day after he got injured last year, which is I think about as equal an example as I can get to relate it.

Yeah, that's really sad to look at things the way your friend does Phantom. Ingram deserves better.

He's actually a really nice guy IRL and passionate about the Lakers. He told me he's just frustrated in general about the Lakers with everything that's going on and he said that Ingram bit in a bit of frustration and felt bad about it afterwards.

There are also Lakers fans who've been upset about Lonzo taking so long to recover but I think now it doesn't matter since they're out of the playoff race.

Some Lakers fan feel they should be priveleged in their lifetime...heck, they should be glad because the lakers as a franchise never get more than a decade of having losing seasons...Atleast they had the 2000s to 10 to look back on and having been able to win 5 times in that decade.

We had to endure and suffer from the moment Bias died up until 2007.

The Fakers are due for some very long title drought...hopefully for 20 yrs or more.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Also - and I am totally picking on you Phantom :P - Deep Venom Thrombosis?? Like, that sounds even worse than the real thing!

LOL yeah it does. Fixed it. But "venom" makes it sound like it's something snake-related (like snake bite or something)  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Ingram underwent successful surgery and is expected to make a full recovery prior to the start of next season

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Ingram underwent successful surgery and is expected to make a full recovery prior to the start of next season

good news! heal up young man!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

good news! heal up young man!!

Thankfully they found his blood clot was due to a structural problem as opposed to a hematological problem (where his body is producing blood prone to clotting). It was the latter that ended Chris Bosh's career.

Great news for one of the exciting young players in the league.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26281414/ingram-surgery-ready-2019-20
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Wow I was talking with my Lakers friend and his first comment was, "ugh I don't even care anymore. he has no trade value anymore"... like the guy has blood clots which could seriously affect his career and that's your first real thought about all this?? Sad part is though, I'm sure Lebron now feels the same way actually  ::)
Sadly, I see more and more of this type of attitude towards players. They are judged as a monetary entity as well as a basketball player and a person. Not sure when this phenomena began.

Did the advent of reporting player's salaries start this? Did video gaming and fantasy sports, especially money leagues, help to create this attitude? Did the ever increasing costs of being a fan cause it as well?

Not sure of the answers for any of those questions, but I think often, we forget these athletes are people and have their own issues.

I think it sad that any Laker fan would be angry over this because it lowers Ingram's trade value. I can't imagine any Celtic fan was angry over Hayward's contract the day after he got injured last year, which is I think about as equal an example as I can get to relate it.

Yeah, that's really sad to look at things the way your friend does Phantom. Ingram deserves better.

Excellent post Nick. TP.  Hope the highlighting of this by you and others helps mute this ugly trend.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
who advised this kid to get TOS surgery?

there is no such thing as "full recovery" from TOS surgery.. it is an issue caused by poor mechanics over time, aka the issue will not be resolved unless mechanics are resolved.. (not jumpshot mechanics.. exercise mechanics/postural habits/etc) and the surgery literally removes potentially:

-a cervical rib
-part of the scalenes muscle (secondary breathing muscle)
-potentially even part of the pec minor (also a secondary breathing muscle)

unbelievable

NO athlete should ever get this surgery unless it is 100% last ditch effort

the lunacy of pro sports trainers/medical staffs continues

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
who advised this kid to get TOS surgery?

there is no such thing as "full recovery" from TOS surgery.. it is an issue caused by poor mechanics over time, aka the issue will not be resolved unless mechanics are resolved.. (not jumpshot mechanics.. exercise mechanics/postural habits/etc) and the surgery literally removes potentially:

-a cervical rib
-part of the scalenes muscle (secondary breathing muscle)
-potentially even part of the pec minor (also a secondary breathing muscle)

unbelievable

NO athlete should ever get this surgery unless it is 100% last ditch effort

the lunacy of pro sports trainers/medical staffs continues

Hey boy, where did you go to medical school?