Author Topic: How will refs impact playoffs  (Read 908 times)

How will refs impact playoffs
« on: April 02, 2019, 09:06:38 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
We are all used to playoff basketball being more physical than regular season.Will refs also make an adjustment or are teams that play tough defense going to be penalized.Has there been any discussion.
If its just foul line and threes or guards scoring 50 pts a game with inflated high scores..
A great free throw shooting team could have a distinct advantage and Simmons could hurt Philly in a close series.

Re: How will refs impact playoffs
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 02:41:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Playoffs typically are more physical, fewer calls, especially at end of games.  I'm not sure if this helps or hurts us.  Being able to play more Smart style, physical defense can certainly help us.  I felt the last game vs Miami the refs let a lot of ticky tack fouls go uncalled, which is a good thing in my book (unless it hurts the Celtics, LOL).

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 03:29:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Playoffs typically are more physical, fewer calls, especially at end of games.  I'm not sure if this helps or hurts us.  Being able to play more Smart style, physical defense can certainly help us.  I felt the last game vs Miami the refs let a lot of ticky tack fouls go uncalled, which is a good thing in my book (unless it hurts the Celtics, LOL).
we will find out the answer to Rollies' question soon. but, considering that the celtics normally do not get to shoot many fouls, fewer foul calls in a game may benefit the celtics.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 04:20:47 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
One thing is certain. No more watching the refs bailing on LeBron James every single game.

You breathe on LeBron it's a foul. You box out LeBron it's a foul. But it'll be nice to not see LeBron walking after a ref to complain about a call on him or a call that wasn't made in favor of him lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)