Author Topic: Your initial review/opinion on 2k17?  (Read 9472 times)

Re: Your initial review/opinion on 2k17?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 12:49:11 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Is the mode where you create a player and follow him throughout his career still a massive grind that takes untold hours to make your crappy 65 overall scrub into a decent player?

Yes they want it to take 120 or so games played for him to be decent.

That's nuts.  I've never figured out how people can stand to play that many games in career mode.  It's a fun concept but it gets old for me really quickly.
It's only about a season and a half. Nba2k is a "simulator" game after all. Making a player good sooner than that isn't realistic most rooks take 2 to 4 years to break out.

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 12:56:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Is the mode where you create a player and follow him throughout his career still a massive grind that takes untold hours to make your crappy 65 overall scrub into a decent player?

That's nuts.  I've never figured out how people can stand to play that many games in career mode.  It's a fun concept but it gets old for me really quickly.
It's only about a season and a half. Nba2k is a "simulator" game after all. Making a player good soon than that isn't realistic most rooks take 2 to 4 years to break out.

I agree with you about realism, I just don't get how people can play a full season and a half worth of games with one player, let alone a scrubby player.

I have a difficult time playing 10 consecutive games with the same team.  I definitely can't use the same player for months and months just so I can get them to decent role player status.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 01:04:10 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

It definitely doesn't take me (at least) that long to make him "decent". Maybe in that time frame I can get my guy to like an 84 overall or something. That's much better than decent.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 01:37:27 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64

It definitely doesn't take me (at least) that long to make him "decent". Maybe in that time frame I can get my guy to like an 84 overall or something. That's much better than decent.

We all know people rush to get their player stats high so they can compete in myPark. Lower than an 85 would get you owned most of the time. Other than that, the frustration seems to end when your player passes 70 overall.