Author Topic: Welcome to the Revolution / Soccer forum  (Read 27061 times)

Welcome to the Revolution / Soccer forum
« on: January 17, 2009, 01:52:03 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
We probably get more discussion about soccer than we do any other off-topic sport, other than baseball.  It's probably a good idea to have a forum, then.

Apologies to naming this the "Revolution" forum, rather than the Manchester United one.  ;)  I had to keep it local.  Have fun talking it up in here.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: Welcome to the Revolution / Soccer forum
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 12:48:37 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
We probably get more discussion about soccer than we do any other off-topic sport, other than baseball.  It's probably a good idea to have a forum, then.

Apologies to naming this the "Revolution" forum, rather than the Manchester United one;)  I had to keep it local.  Have fun talking it up in here.

Haha, I wondered that. You're forgiven though.

Great idea on the forum though - TP.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 12:53:41 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
i have a confession to make.

The 20 dollar ticket price and the fact that i like to tailgate has made me a casual revs fan.

Good forum IMO.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 02:20:17 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

The 20 dollar ticket price and the fact that i like to tailgate has made me a casual revs fan.

Good forum IMO.

I've had season tickets for 3 years now, and it's a great investment. Easily the most value for the price, $700 for two seats directly centered in row 20 plus parking for 20 games can not be beat. Not to mention that they release many tickets for international games at the Revs games, got me great seats to a Brazil/Mexico match. The MLS may not be the greatest league, but it's the best in the US, and worthy of much more support than it gets.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 02:38:23 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Good forum IMO.

I've had season tickets for 3 years now, and it's a great investment. Easily the most value for the price, $700 for two seats directly centered in row 20 plus parking for 20 games can not be beat. Not to mention that they release many tickets for international games at the Revs games, got me great seats to a Brazil/Mexico match. The MLS may not be the greatest league, but it's the best in the US, and worthy of much more support than it gets.

I don't have season tickets but I've been taking my kids to about 10 games a year (Revs and US men) since 2000 or so. It is a good deal. We're always in the Fort, though, unless I get free tix from friends that have season tickets.