Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Around the NBA / Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Last post by Neurotic Guy on Today at 06:16:24 PM »
https://twitter.com/Hexiyyy/status/1782715336581886239

https://nypost.com/2024/04/23/sports/nikola-jokic-brothers-throw-punches-in-stands-of-lakers-nuggets-game-2/

Two questions:

1.  Why do the Jokic brothers have mediocre seats; and

2.  What are they doing punching this guy in the face?

Can we just go ahead and disqualify the Nuggets because of the behavior of their family members? Lol.

It was said in the comments section of that link and I agree with it:  the fan took that punch to the face surprisingly well.

For sure.  He's also probably lucky he got hit by the non-MMA fighter brother.

My last fight ended with round house to my nose from a guy probably 50 lbs heavier and 4 inches taller.  I was in 6th grade. I took it reasonably well, but figured it was a good idea not to fight anymore. And I never did. 
Any jackass who gets in a fight at a game with all sorts of vulnerable people nearby should be arrested. A little harsh, but I’m really not kidding. There is zero reason for fighting -with the exception of someone attacking your child or spouse or elderly parent. I think huge, strong men should be even more aware of avoiding physical altercations because of the damage they can do and the fear they can elicit. Anyone that provokes them should also grow up. You aren’t in 6th grade.
Around the NBA / Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Last post by Donoghus on Today at 05:25:16 PM »
Tim Bontemps
@TimBontemps
The Last Two Minute report is out from Sixers-Knicks:

- Anunoby should’ve been called for defensive 3 seconds
- Embiid should’ve been called for a foul on DiVincenzo
- Brunson and Hart both were not called for fouls on Maxey
- Nurse should’ve been granted a timeout
Despite a dominant regular season, it didn't count for many fans.

At what point are we allowed to start judging Joe positively? ECF? Finals?

Ring.

That is a pretty high standard to place on one person. It doesn't seem reasonable. If Tatum and Brown wilt under the pressure, it will be Joe's fault?

We are by far the best team in the East.  If we get upset in the playoffs for the second season in a row, with an even better set of players, I would have to question Joe's ability to have the team ready.

I would feel the same way if we lost to any team other than Denver. With the Nuggets, it would depend on how the team lost.
The Draft / Re: 2024 Draft
« Last post by perks-a-beast on Today at 05:18:22 PM »
Topic reminds me of Goran Dragic. The way he can snake his way to the rim and finish inside in so many different ways. Dragic was such a shifty clever player at getting people off balance and attacking them. Topic has the same gift.

If Topic ends up being a 6”7 Goran Dragic, the league is in big trouble. Would be fun to see him play with Wemby.

Ring.

That is a pretty high standard to place on one person. It doesn't seem reasonable. If Tatum and Brown wilt under the pressure, it will be Joe's fault?

This season was never about the regular season.  From day 1 of training camp back in the fall, it has been about the playoffs & a championship.   The failure and flameout of the '22 Finals & '23 ECF has led to this expectation. It's essentially been title or bust. 

Regular season was never going to prove anything. Not with this team.

The reason that Joe hasn't received his due adulation yet is because he hasn't done anything that Brad or Ime hasn't already done yet.  This team needs to break thru that ceiling.
Patriots / Football / Re: 2024 NFL Draft
« Last post by green_bballers13 on Today at 05:05:06 PM »
The New England Patriots haven’t hidden their willingness to listen to trade offers for the No. 3 overall pick of the 2024 NFL draft, but per ESPN’s Adam Schefter, multiple teams, including the Minnesota Vikings, have attempted to move up.

Sitting at No. 3, the Patriots have a ton of leverage in one of the rare drafts where three of the top quarterbacks could easily be considered the No. 1 overall pick.

Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels are expected to be available on the board, and those are two high-end prospects every quarterback-needy team in the NFL would love to have a crack at.

The problem for those teams is the fact that the Patriots desperately need a quarterback as well. So this isn’t a situation of them looking to force a trade before they’re on the clock on Thursday night. The Patriots would be happy to stay put and get their quarterback of the future, unless some outlandish trade offer wows them enough to move down the board.

Schefter wrote:

The Patriots, slated to pick No. 3, also have been fielding calls from teams. It would take a big offer for New England to move off that spot knowing it needs to come out of Round 1 with a quarterback, but the team has listened. And the Vikings, among others, have attempted to move up.

Tom E. Curran claimed he believes it could take “a lot more” than three first-round draft picks to get the Patriots to agree to trade the No. 3 pick. For a team like the Vikings, one has to wonder if they’d need to include All-Pro wide receiver Justin Jefferson in a package to get a deal done.

I don't buy the speculation in the last paragraph, but it does sound like there's a ton of interest in moving up.

I think you are right, it is nothing more than speculation, but would you trade #3 (assume Maye is available) for Jefferson and #11 (assume that McCarthy is available)?

No- Jefferson isn't signed long term. He chose to go to LSU vs Penn State, Michigan, or other cold weather college football teams. I would imagine that he would once again choose a better team down south vs the Patriots. Houston, Atlanta, Dallas, etc would be better fits for Jefferson.

Ring.

Spo out there begging today for the refs to let them play physical.

Joe should be out there begging for the refs to have the teams play within the rules, warning everybody that Miami is going to try to muck up the series.

I think that should be done behind the scenes before the game — everyone knows that’s how Miami plays, and the C’s just need to be ready for it and fight through it.  Our guys are at their worst when they’re worrying about the refs — no need for the coach to make that a public issue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10