Author Topic: Video Game jinx on Garnett?  (Read 2718 times)

Video Game jinx on Garnett?
« on: April 17, 2009, 04:41:56 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
If this is possible, then I apologize. I took the Celtics to the postseason on NBA 2k9, and all of what has happened...happened.
Right in the last month before Playoffs, KG goes down with hurt knee. He actually played the first 2 rounds for me, even though he was only half the player he usually is, not being able to dunk or hit his jumpers. Then right before the finals(ironically against the Lakers) he reinjured his knee and missed the whole series. Celtics won still, but mad ending to KG. And to add to it all, this following season he is not able to dunk anymore  :-\. Super depressing, but I hope if we do miss out on KG, that we can still rally behind the resurgence of BBD, and Ray pick up the slack.

On a side note, I had this same thing happen BACK IN THE DAY on the first NBA Blitz, where i took the Patriots to the SuperBowl and played against the Rams...in which we won, and that year the same thing happened in real life
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: Video Game jinx on Garnett?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 05:20:58 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Hmm...  if your jinxes still result in the Celts winning it all, I guess I'll live with it.  That must have been some knee injury, though; a seven footer who can't dunk?  Ouch.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 11:44:28 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Haha...yea. It seems like all the injuries in these games result in stats decreased all around, no matter the player or move. Sore pinky, 7'5, no dunks for Yao
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 11:54:21 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
was thinking that last night.

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 12:22:35 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
You might want to turn off the player updates until KG gets healthy.