Author Topic: Bos/ Philly trade  (Read 6665 times)

Bos/ Philly trade
« on: September 15, 2017, 12:20:05 AM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
Wonder what it would take to get Korkmaz, Saric and Okafor from Philly

Re: Bos/ Philly trade
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 02:30:32 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Far more then I would be willing to give up for either one of those guys.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 04:30:28 PM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
I would rather get Holmes from Philly. He could play PF or C on the second team.

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 08:38:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wonder if we could get Fultz for Kyrie? ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 08:40:18 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Why the heck would we want to?

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 08:42:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Why the heck would we want to?

"He fits our timeline better".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 08:43:00 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Fultz is going to have some issues with the glaring lack of intagibles, mark my words.

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2017, 09:28:05 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

Not that I necessarily disagree with it, but I'm not sure why you want these players. Korkmaz, in particular, I don't think he would get mins in Boston.

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2017, 10:21:49 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Fultz is going to have some issues with the glaring lack of intagibles, mark my words.
Intangibles?  What does that even mean?  Fultz will have issues on the defensive side, getting comfortable with the NBA 3pt line, adjusting to all the good NBA PGs.  For the Sixers, it doesn't really matter this season.  They can afford to bring him along slowly.  Embiid, Simmons, Covington and Redick are all more important to their success this season. 

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 10:23:35 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Not that I necessarily disagree with it, but I'm not sure why you want these players. Korkmaz, in particular, I don't think he would get mins in Boston.

Neither would Okafor. Only Saric is worth targeting from that trio, and he would cost more than we should give up for him.

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2017, 10:26:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Intangibles?  What does that even mean?  Fultz will have issues on the defensive side, getting comfortable with the NBA 3pt line, adjusting to all the good NBA PGs.  For the Sixers, it doesn't really matter this season.  They can afford to bring him along slowly.  Embiid, Simmons, Covington and Redick are all more important to their success this season.
he means winning leadership. Fultz never wins at any level. Doesn't act like a leader. Quiet, lackadaisical, eyes half closed all the time. Spends more time promoting chick-fil-a and jbl headphones on social media than working on defense
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 10:32:00 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 10:34:12 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
Korkmaz was one of the best shooters in his draft class, your 100 % right, he would not get a lot of minutes, on a rookie contract,might turn into a good role player. Okafor is a wide body that can score and help with spacing. Saric is another big that can score and also help with spacing and adds another option for Brad

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2017, 10:45:35 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
he means winning leadership. Fultz never wins at any level. Doesn't act like a leader. Quiet, lackadaisical, eyes half closed all the time. Spends more time promoting chick-fil-a and jbl headphones on social media than working on defense
Except that he led his High School team to the WCAC championship with a 33-5 record...

And won the MVP award while leading the FIBA U18 USA team to a gold medal...

So it seems more like he wins at every level except his 1 year at college.

And oh, you don’t like him advertising on social media instead of working on defense? It’s funny, you know who that actually sounds a lot like? He’s a guy you apparently really like. Kyrie Irving.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2017, 10:46:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Spends more time promoting chick-fil-a and jbl headphones on social media than working on defense

Do you share similar concerns about any other NBA players who promote their "brand"?

There's room for both, but I'd like to see guys spending their summers adding skills, too.

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2017, 11:17:02 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Lets see.  Fultz didn't start playing varsity high school ball until he was a junior.  Dematha went 33-4 and 33-5 in his junior and senior seasons.  That looks like winning to me.  He led the US national team in capturing the gold medal in the 2016 FIBA Americas U18 Championships.  Fultz was the tournament MVP.  Seems like more winning to me.  Yes he didn't win at Washington but his coached sucked and his teammates sucked. 

As for the Sixers, they don't need him to be a leader now.  Embiid provides the leadership they need.  Simmons will run their offense.  Redick and Amir provide good veteran presence.  With Embiid and Simmons big personalities, Fultz being quiet is probably a plus.  That being said Fultz has been talking a lot this offseason about the Sixers making the playoffs.