Poll

Are you more excited about the playoffs or the off-season?

The Playoffs. Let’s make some noise!
44 (78.6%)
The off-season. Trades, free agency, the Draft.
10 (17.9%)
Neither. I’d keep this magical regular season going forever if I could
2 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: Are you more excited about the playoffs or the off-season?  (Read 10671 times)

Re: Are you more excited about the playoffs or the off-season?
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2019, 01:56:50 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I have no issues with AD's personality. He is a team orientated player and a good character.

Is he going to buy in and be all about whatever team he's traded to, though? 

Or is it going to be "Prove to me that I should commit" for a season or two?

Is he going to do anything to change the culture?  AD strikes me as a guy who is just going to play his game and not really ruffle feathers.  Except maybe via his agent.

That's fine, but right now we have a disgruntled team with a dysfunctional culture. 

Is AD likely to help that issue?  Or is adding another front-facing star who doesn't really want to have the responsibility of setting the culture and the tone going to make it harder for the veterans on the team who are willing to accept that burden (e.g. Smart, Horford etc) to do that?

What stars in today's game do set / change a team's culture?

I think AD is a player that plays very well with everyone & anyone. He plays the game in a good way and would likely play it even better (more effort on D) once alongside more talented teammates (who can score).

Dame, Draymond, Westbrook, Embiid, Conley, Lowry, Gobert ...
Why'd you leave off Lebron?  He certainly falls in that category (pro and con).

He does, and actually I originally wrote a longer version of the post and then it got deleted b/c I was logged out.  LeBron does set a culture, for better and worse.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2019, 01:59:02 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
I'll be excited about the playoffs if we accept that 4th-8th seed is basically the same and treat the rest of this season like its the preseason. May as well just experiment, get Hayward comfortable, and see if we can develop Williams. If Hayward and Williams improve then we have a shot to make some noise.

« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2019, 08:22:03 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
July 1st.
I'm done with this season.

I'm glad you guys don't actually play for the Celtics. I'd have a hard time rooting for a bunch of quitters.

So like ... are you having a hard time right now?

This team has quit trying plenty of times this season, and don't seem especially locked in despite the playoffs being a month or so away.

Definitely having a hard time. I'm very frustrated with the team. I also plan on watching every game I can and rooting for them to figure it out for the remainder of the season. I don't like the effort I'm seeing but I am nowhere near "done with the season" as others seem to be.

I never said I would stop watching them, you just assumed it.

I didn't assume anything. I never made any comment about what you will or won't do.

I do wonder what being "done with this season" means for you, though.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2019, 12:50:38 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
It’s almost time for the Pacers series! In other words, playoffs absolutely. Tired of the regular season slog, and offseason is empty