Author Topic: My ever-so-clever strategy  (Read 9805 times)

Re: My ever-so-clever strategy
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 06:25:21 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I made a video for you guys! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxKOwckfURc
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 06:35:50 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
I made a video for you guys! ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxKOwckfURc

That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
But I like the effort!

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 07:33:12 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
This worked really well in a college bball video game with Kenny George, lol. Of coarse every player could throw pin point 90 foot passes but don't worrrrrrrrrrrry about it.

Well then you know it has to work in real life.  You know the catch phrase "if it is in the game, it is in the game!"

That works both way, right?  (I hope so or my dreams of being a 7'7 C as fast as AI in his prime is really going to be crushed)

Haha!!!

I remember back when I used to actually play video games, I once created a player in NBA Live that was pretty much identical.  I had numerous 100 pt games (I think I once scored 150 pts), needless to say.  Got bored after a while with it though.  Too easy.

That's why I would make a 5'3, 350 lb guy that had no speed, no jumping, no pass, shooting, handling.

He was 99 for dunking and blocking.

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 07:35:17 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
If all trolling was like this, the Internet would be a better place!

Great video!

Sadly, even the Bobcats would carve our defense up with only 4 defenders.

It would be even more disastrous the second time we tried it. Even the worst NBA team would score at will if they actually practiced half-court 5 on 4 before the game. Our only hope would be against a team with only 3 players who can hit a jumper outside the lane.

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 07:37:00 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
This worked really well in a college bball video game with Kenny George, lol. Of coarse every player could throw pin point 90 foot passes but don't worrrrrrrrrrrry about it.

Well then you know it has to work in real life.  You know the catch phrase "if it is in the game, it is in the game!"

That works both way, right?  (I hope so or my dreams of being a 7'7 C as fast as AI in his prime is really going to be crushed)

Haha!!!

I remember back when I used to actually play video games, I once created a player in NBA Live that was pretty much identical.  I had numerous 100 pt games (I think I once scored 150 pts), needless to say.  Got bored after a while with it though.  Too easy.
Would be more fun in My Player mode in 2K series.

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 07:44:47 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Haha!!!

Would be more fun in My Player mode in 2K series.

Well, as a reference point, this was the year Joe Johnson was a rookie on the C's.  That was the last b-ball agme I ever owned (PS2-which I subsquently sold).  Just lost interest over the years.  The only video game system I even own now is my original SuperNintendo.

I play occassionally over friends houses, or break out the SNES and play some old-skool NBA JAM every once in a while, but that's about it.

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 08:29:47 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
What if we have one guy stay on DEFENSE???

We can negate most open fast break baskets. We can also have everybody crash the boards as hard as possible.

Granted, our offense would have to be superb, but I could see a team like OKC be able to do this.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 08:30:39 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

We can negate most open fast break baskets. We can also have everybody crash the boards as hard as possible.

Granted, our offense would have to be superb, but I could see a team like OKC be able to do this.

I can't tell if there's sarcasm poured all over this :x
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 08:43:53 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

Well, Andres Biedrins might as well do that. He's almost completely useless on offense anyway.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Well, Andres Biedrins might as well do that. He's almost completely useless on offense anyway.

Any player who is a defensive liability could do this :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2013, 08:30:37 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I remember an old basketball video game where two guys would have to stay back on defense and two would have to stay back on offense.  There was only one guy that would play both.

I also remember the game not being that great of a game. 

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 09:06:52 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 09:08:12 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]