Author Topic: UEFA Champions League 2010  (Read 30984 times)

Re: UEFA Champions League 2010
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 04:51:11 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
No Pique or Puyol in the second leg due to suspensions. This tie has suddenly gotten very interesting.
But also no Fabregas for Arsenal, who is by far their most important player. Without him it's not the same team. Barca have Millito and Márquez that can step in.

It was a great game and Barca showed for the most parts that they are superior. I just can't see Arsenal winning at Nou Camp.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 04:55:57 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
No Pique or Puyol in the second leg due to suspensions. This tie has suddenly gotten very interesting.
But also no Fabregas for Arsenal, who is by far their most important player. Without him it's not the same team. Barca have Millito and Márquez that can step in.

It was a great game and Barca showed for the most parts that they are superior. I just can't see Arsenal winning at Nou Camp.
Is the injury to Fabregas that serious?

The initial reports I heard said that they didn't expect it to be a serious injury.

If Fabregas is out, that is a much bigger loss than Barca's center backs.

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 05:00:57 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes

The initial reports I heard said that they didn't expect it to be a serious injury.

Because of the stupid yellow card he received, Fabregas won't play even if he's fit. It put him over the limit.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 05:32:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Because of the stupid yellow card he received, Fabregas won't play even if he's fit. It put him over the limit.
Oh, I missed that yellow card.

That will be a massive loss for Arsenal. Barcelona should have a comfortable game ahead of them. Hard to see Arsenal threatening them without Cesc in the squad.

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 05:39:19 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Didn't this game end in a draw?...and Fabregas's late penalty was the one that saved them...or are we talking about the game on April 6?
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 07:34:31 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes
Didn't this game end in a draw?...and Fabregas's late penalty was the one that saved them...or are we talking about the game on April 6?
Yep, he'll miss the second leg.
The Immortals:

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 08:41:33 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
What a game, I'm just sorry Arshavin got injured  :-[
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2010, 08:43:47 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Bad luck for the British teams.

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 02:28:45 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I think MU will qualify even without Rooney. BTW he won`t be fit for the next 2-4 week ... Sad ....

I don`t like Barcelona but it`s the best team i`ve ever seen.  :( So strong in every aspect of the game. Yesterady for 60 mins killed Arsenal`s pace and at the same time put on an offensive show. Great come back for Arsenal though

PS I can`t belive inter is in the quarterfinals!!!

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 06:16:56 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

As Misha said, he wouldn't be able to play anyway. News is that Fabregas may have broken his leg, and Arshavin is out for three weeks. Gallas may be out for the season (off Goal.com).

Barca do lose Pique and Puyol, and even though I am not fully confident about a Marquez-Milito CB pairing, Toure can play there as well (as he did - very well - in the CL semi-final leg 2 and CL final last year). Barca is much deeper than Arsenal, and Arsenal lose 3 for next leg compared to Barca's 2. Plus it's at home for Barca. I doubt Arsenal go through.

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 10:12:05 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

As Misha said, he wouldn't be able to play anyway. News is that Fabregas may have broken his leg, and Arshavin is out for three weeks. Gallas may be out for the season (off Goal.com).

Barca do lose Pique and Puyol, and even though I am not fully confident about a Marquez-Milito CB pairing, Toure can play there as well (as he did - very well - in the CL semi-final leg 2 and CL final last year). Barca is much deeper than Arsenal, and Arsenal lose 3 for next leg compared to Barca's 2. Plus it's at home for Barca. I doubt Arsenal go through.
That pretty much kills Arsenal off in the Premiership also. Too bad.

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes
Cesc is out till the end of the season, but at least he'll not miss the world cup.

BTW look how mane quality central miedfilders Spain have: Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso and Marcos Senna. A good headache for Vicente del Bosque.
The Immortals:

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 04:27:58 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
Cesc is out till the end of the season, but at least he'll not miss the world cup.

BTW look how mane quality central miedfilders Spain have: Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso and Marcos Senna. A good headache for Vicente del Bosque.

True. I still think Brazil is the best team though. They have the two best Right Backs in the world (Maicon, Dani Alves) - that's also a pretty good headache

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 06:12:30 AM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Open your eyes

True. I still think Brazil is the best team though. They have the two best Right Backs in the world (Maicon, Dani Alves) - that's also a pretty good headache
Usually Brazil do have the better team but not this time. Except Right Back and Attacking midfielder(Kaka), I can't see where Brazil have an advantage over Spain. (BTW I would put either Maicon or Dani Alves to the left. When you have two such great players, it's a shame to bench one of them. Plus, I don't trust Marcelo as a LB. He just can't defend)

If I had to put my money on one of the teams, it would be Spain. For a long time they were labeled as losers (always had a good team but failed on big occasions), but I think recently it changed. Spain won the Euro and it's about time to win their first world cup.
The Immortals:

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 03:29:05 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Back on topic now .. :D

I hope you are watching the game right now ..... Mesi`s performance is sensetional.

barcelona has made arsenal look like a 3rd division lithuanian team. This team is ridiculously good.