Author Topic: The French football (soccer) team should be ashamed  (Read 30284 times)

The French football (soccer) team should be ashamed
« on: November 19, 2009, 06:57:21 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8367420.stm

Thierry Henry is scum. I've always thought that and I think it even more now. The way he behaved when Gallas (who is also an animal) scored is unprofessional and frankly diabolical. It makes me sick to the pits of my stomach.

When it comes to sport, and I do not regret what I'm about to say, the French are a world-class joke full of arrogant, primadonna cheats who will hopefully get their karma in South Africa.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 03:13:00 PM by Roy Hobbs »

Re: If you are French you should be ashamed.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 07:06:39 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I'm French and I'm not ashamed (but I hate soccer ;D).

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 07:56:37 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I don`t think that Henry (and French in general) are more cheaters than the rest. I do agree that it was an awful non-call and the Irish have every right to be mad, angry etc. I find completely worng the opinion  that major competitions need the big names. France and Argentina sucked big time , i can`t understand why we should be happy because they qualified. It looks like their players don`t appreciate the wc like Ibisevic and Dzeko and Duff would.

IMHO the ref didn`t see it. He had many opportunities to help France in the reg time but he didn`t.

PS1 I can`t understand how in the world Domeneq (sp??) is still coach of the French NT.....

PS2 Odd makers say 100/1 Greece reaches the semis. I have a spare 10e bill :D :D

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 08:03:40 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136

Thierry Henry is scum. I've always thought that and I think it even more now. The way he behaved when Gallas (who is also an animal) scored is unprofessional and frankly diabolical. It makes me sick to the pits of my stomach.

When it comes to sport, and I do not regret what I'm about to say, the French are a world-class joke full of arrogant, primadonna cheats who will hopefully get their karma in South Africa.

I hate when people make generalizations like these. Same as when people criticised the Spanish Bball team I think this vision of French sports is unfair and way exaggerated. We could make the same assumptions about the different post Dream Team USA squads and their travelling non calls for Lebron for example. Arrogance is spread and every country has their teams with some issues. Relax

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 08:09:25 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Ya, I saw this and was pretty upset at the no call.  I would have headbutted somebody or pulled a ponytail.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 08:36:49 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

I hate when people make generalizations like these. Same as when people criticised the Spanish Bball team I think this vision of French sports is unfair and way exaggerated. We could make the same assumptions about the different post Dream Team USA squads and their travelling non calls for Lebron for example. Arrogance is spread and every country has their teams with some issues. Relax

Google "arrogant french" and see how many football related articles you find. In fact, you could probably just Google "arrogant" and find the majority of it is about the French.

EDIT: Check PM's.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 10:00:44 AM by IndeedProceed »

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 08:40:04 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Do you know anything about football? Have you followed it before? If so, then you'll understand that the French are the most arrogant nation. If not, then you have no right to perk up and open your mouth on the matter. Google "arrogant french" and see how many football related articles you find. In fact, you could probably just Google "arrogant" and find the majority of it is about the French.

CM I gotta stop you there, its pronounced, "Soccer"  ;)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 08:51:39 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I don't think French people should be ashamed just because the refs missed a call.  I don't know enough about the sport or the team to speak on them being arrogant all the time.

The refs should be the ones who are ashamed.  That was as blatant as they get.  Henry even admitted that it was a handball and they missed the call.  It's not like he was doing it on purpose, he thought it should have been called.  What are they supposed to do?  Not accept the goal because the refs missed it?
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 09:09:03 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Ireland already wants a replay of the game.

At the very least they should suspend Henri from a good portion of the Cup.

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 09:10:16 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

I think I missed something, why would he be suspended?  Wasnt it the refs that messed up?

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 09:13:18 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton

Do you know anything about football? Have you followed it before? If so, then you'll understand that the French are the most arrogant nation. If not, then you have no right to perk up and open your mouth on the matter. Google "arrogant french" and see how many football related articles you find. In fact, you could probably just Google "arrogant" and find the majority of it is about the French.

I am Spanish, trust me...we know about it in Spain. And I just think you are exaggerating here. They are arrogant, but also the Spanish, English. Italian and many important nations sportwise...

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 09:15:25 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton

If not, then you have no right to perk up and open your mouth on the matter.

I will perk up and open my mouth if you don't mind. Or will your Highness not allow it?

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 09:16:20 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I think I missed something, why would he be suspended?  Wasnt it the refs that messed up?

Basically for cheating.

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 09:16:51 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

I agree Rondo, I am very confused at this thread. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 09:20:15 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Basically for cheating.

Didnt he just knock the ball down with his hand?  Wouldnt that be like suspending somebody for pass interference or a clear path foul?