Author Topic: Is it just me or does anyone else feel anxious for the season to start?  (Read 2392 times)

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
Don't know what it is about the upcoming season. Just can't wait for it to start. Some of this anxiety may be due to; Summer League hype, hopes that Danny signs Tacko and waiting to see the the J-brothers improvements.

Could also be there's a lot of question marks on this team. And I'm waiting to find out how they'll adjust. For example, will they be able to defend? How will they manage without their top offensive weapons from last year? Will the lack of depth in the middle come back to haunt them? Will they mesh cohesively with the plethora of shooters?

I'm guessing that based on Summer League play and having watched our veterans play in the past, that this will be a fun team to watch. They may not win a lot of games, but we're in for a basketball treat that we haven't seen in some time. 

Could be other reasons I haven't thought of. Anyone else feeling more anxious for the season to begin than in past years. Or, is just me? 

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I think a lot of people are anxious to get the bad taste of last season out of their mouths.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2544
I am always psyched for the start of the season at this time of the year. I think last year I had more anxiety and hope because the C's were considered contenders based on the ECF appearance in 2017-18 without GH and KI and things really looked to be on their way.  The dramatic disappointment of the season left a bad taste, but moves made since the AD dream died and the loss of KI have left me re-energized and unusually excited for a team that is not an anticipated contender.  I can't wait.

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I am always psyched for the start of the season at this time of the year. I think last year I had more anxiety and hope because the C's were considered contenders based on the ECF appearance in 2017-18 without GH and KI and things really looked to be on their way.  The dramatic disappointment of the season left a bad taste, but moves made since the AD dream died and the loss of KI have left me re-energized and unusually excited for a team that is not an anticipated contender.  I can't wait.

Agree, I feel like watching ball will be less stressful because troughs will be more understandable.

I doubt Hayward and Kemba feel like that though. And of course Marcus Smart is probably even more confident this year (although his best mate left for the enemy).
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'm pretty anxious for the season to start, can't wait for our youngsters to play heavy minutes!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I have been since last season ended.    Sadly, my life revolves around watching the Celtics during season.    I am sure it is that way for many of us.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I've thankfully got Australian sports to tide me over until September 28. But that ~month between that and the regular season games is tough.

Pre-season is fun, but it's not the same thing
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
After what we were put through last season I’ll say that it can’t get any worse.

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 417
Cant wait see Walker, Tacko and Enes
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I miss basketball.

I really looking forward to seeing the new quatro of TEAM USA beasts.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'm anxious. I'm still torturing myself watching the Sox because I love baseball and am sorta looking forward to football but more so for basketball.

Just haven't bought my Kemba jersey yet, but plan on it. Sadly, I still have my Kyrie jersey hanging in my closet and now he's elsewhere :(

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
I'm always anxious for the season to start because the C's are my favorite sports team to watch.  I love all sports but the baseball season is too long.  NFL and College football is only once a week. I'm a weak NHL fan and go to more games then I watch but love the NHL Playoffs.  The NBA on the other hand I love the pace, athleticism and I get to watch the C's multiple times a week.  I watch more hoops then anything.  I'm anxious because I just can't wait to watch the C's again.

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I’m pessimistic due to how the brass let Kyrie speak about our players. How the dinner league coach talked about Tacko. How smart talked about being less passive, and how Tatum talking about  20 ppg. Lot of stupidity and selfishness.

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
* summer league coach*

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
Ready for basketball to start, but not anxious because I don't expect much. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip