Author Topic: Pacers (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Eastern Conference Finals Game 1 5/21/24  (Read 1291 times)

celticinorlando, Vermont Green, Lioney, sahara, Silas and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1615
I believe Cleveland was bettter than both New York & Indiana

oh really?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 567

oh really?

I think game 1-3 Cleveland with Mitchell might have been. After he went out not so much. By the end New York was just so banged up, it wasn't even a real team. Ind meanwhile is very inconsistent. Some nights they are great, others they stink. I think I'd probably take Indiana over Clevland without Allen but I don't think Indy is A LOT better.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:54:52 PM by keevsnick »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 567
The one nice thing about this Pacer's match up is at least its a healthy team. When you beat the decimated Heat or the Mitchell-less Cavs its hard to know how to feel about that becasue it sort of ruins the calibration.

But we know what the Pacers are. They have one All-NBA level guy in Haliburton and one solid All-Star level guy in Siakam. They fill out their starting lineup with solid shooting role players who make sense together. After acquiring Siakam (after the all star break) they went 16-10 or about a 50 win pace and had the league's second best offense and an average defense. They have a pretty deep bench, and they like to play very fast.

They are a solid team. So seeing how Boston plays against them will be a good calibrator.

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 188

Mmm maybe if Cleveland is healthy. They were decimated by injury in the series against us.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978
Here  we go…Oooooooooo on another exciting quest …. :)

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!
I have a nervous feeling about tonight. Not "doom and gloom" but cautious doubt. Which is odd because that's definitely what Game 2 should be lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1627
  • What a Pub Should Be
My dad's first game of the season and first game since beating cancer.  Hope the Celtics give him a W. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 887
My dad's first game of the season and first game since beating cancer.  Hope the Celtics give him a W.

Wow, now that is something worth rooting for!

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 887
I have a nervous feeling about tonight. Not "doom and gloom" but cautious doubt. Which is odd because that's definitely what Game 2 should be lol

I don't think it would surprise anyone if IND came out fast and hot and BOS not so much.  How well we can get the game back to our pace will be the key.

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 709
  • MASTER OF PANIC
IMO either the Pacers come out of on fire tonight or they are still getting over the Knicks series and are a step behind.

Boston needs to do their part.