Author Topic: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread  (Read 275948 times)

Re: NBA 2018 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2018, 07:54:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Morris is down...

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2018, 07:57:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Morris is down...

Oh man, that's a big loss for WAS if it's serious. Same ankle he injured last year in Game 1 of the Boston series too.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2018, 07:58:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Not going to lie though, I'm enjoying watching Washington choke this one.

John "Transcendental Superstar" Wall really closing this game out well for the Wiz LOL!  :laugh:

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2018, 07:58:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Morris is down...

Oh man, that's a big loss for WAS if it's serious. Same ankle he injured last year in Game 1 of the Boston series too.

He's back in but with a little hitch in his walk...

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2018, 07:59:15 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
These refs have absolutely killed the Wizards tonight. 

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2018, 08:00:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

John "Transcendental Superstar" Wall really closing this game out well for the Wiz LOL!  :laugh:

Wall and The Wiz are chokers.

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2018, 08:01:09 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah despite what I just posted about the Wiz choking (and having fun seeing it happen), the refs have been awful to them.

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2018, 08:02:02 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The way the 2nd half of the TOR-WAS game unfolded I'll be surprised if the Wizards win more than a game in this series.

Washington couldn't even capitalize on Toronto's usual lackluster start to a playoff series.  I can't imagine they'll have much hope going forward.

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2018, 08:03:19 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown

Yeah despite what I just posted about the Wiz choking (and having fun seeing it happen), the refs have been awful to them.

The funny thing is I LOVE watching the Wizards lose too LOL.  They were clowns last year when they played us and don't realize you look like DB's when you talk trash after losing.

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2018, 08:04:17 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
A bigger question for us is out of these 2 teams, who do we think has a better chance of beating the Cavs in a 7 game series?  Once we beat the Bucks and then the 76ers/Heat, are we gonna be playing Toronto, Washington, or the Cavs in the ECF?

Slow down, lol. Do you really believe that we can beat those teams with our depleted roster?

The Celtics still have a lot of talented players playing. They could still win in these playoffs!

Hope so :).

A bigger question for us is out of these 2 teams, who do we think has a better chance of beating the Cavs in a 7 game series?  Once we beat the Bucks and then the 76ers/Heat, are we gonna be playing Toronto, Washington, or the Cavs in the ECF?

Slow down, lol. Do you really believe that we can beat those teams with our depleted roster?

Absolutely.  The Bucks are good enough to take us to 6 games but Giannis isn't gonna beat us alone.  The Heat we'd sweep or beat in 5 games.  Nothing about them scares me one bit.  The 76ers with Embiid would be a tough 7 game series but Horford can defend him like nobody else can.  And neither Simmons or Fultz are good enough offensively to carry them.

You're really underrating Bledsoe and Middleton, imo, and is Brogdon coming back? As for Horford being able to defend Embiid "like nobody else can", I mean, are you sure about that? What about Whiteside, for example?

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2018, 08:12:41 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Same. Can't stand that punk. Dude's all talk, imo, not to mention being one of the biggest whiners, out there, as well.

The officials were awful to both teams, imo. They missed a lot out there.

That said, congratulations to Toronto on finally exorcising some on their demons, albeit not based on the performances of Lowry and Derozan, as usual, lol. I'm happy for Delon Wright, Siakam, and Poeltl, and Ibaka was yuge, as well, haha. Did he get hit in the nuts, btw? Did anyone else see that? Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, imo, lol.

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2018, 08:14:58 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown

The Celtics still have a lot of talented players playing. They could still win in these playoffs!

Hope so :).

Absolutely.  The Bucks are good enough to take us to 6 games but Giannis isn't gonna beat us alone.  The Heat we'd sweep or beat in 5 games.  Nothing about them scares me one bit.  The 76ers with Embiid would be a tough 7 game series but Horford can defend him like nobody else can.  And neither Simmons or Fultz are good enough offensively to carry them.

You're really underrating Bledsoe and Middleton, imo, and is Brogdon coming back? As for Horford being able to defend Embiid "like nobody else can", I mean, are you sure about that? What about Whiteside, for example?

I like Middleton like I liked Jeff Green.  Solid player with the potential to go off one night and lay an egg the next.  For me personally Bledsoe is the perfect example of a guy who thrived and got hyped up because of what he did as a back up yet when he became a starter it's clear he's not really that good.  Rozier is already a much better player than Bledsoe has ever been.

As for Al he gives Embiid fits because he can guard him down low because of his strength and on the perimeter because of his quickness. 

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2018, 08:25:48 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
Miami should back up off of Simmons and let him shoot as much as he wants.  Dare him to shoot.

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2018, 08:34:29 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
Kelly's out there doing Kelly things.

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2018, 08:36:10 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
KO is BEASTING