Author Topic: Dwight Howard Already Saying He'll Leave LA For Another Championship Contender  (Read 10918 times)

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/12/3/3721530/dwight-howard-lakers-championship-magic

He doesn't care where he has to go he wants a championship and he wants it now! Is this what the NBA has become? Superstars jumping team to team trying to team up with the best of the best players instead of trying to beat them? Pathetic.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Makes me happy.

Please leave. 

Want to play with Rondo. 

Force the Lakers take Green, Melo and Collins. 

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
What an ass , how bout you start dominating and stop complaining. That Lakers team should be at least in the conference finals with the talent they have in the starting lineup.

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Honestly, if you can't win a championship in LA with that team then you don't deserve to win a championship.  Seeing guys like pierce and dirk when their first championships after being with their teams all of their careers.

All the bad years, all of the heartbreaks. Then they finally got that championship. To me that's special. Leaving your team as a superstar in your prime and going to join another superstar *Cough lebron* to get it done is far from special. Yeah you won but really you had no business losing.

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
Want to play with Rondo.

Are there still fans that would take this loser?

What makes any fan think he would go to their team and become a different person.  He's proven the kind of man he is.  He's a loser and a horrible teammate.

I'm always baffled by fans thinking malcontents will change their personality with a change of scenery.  Let's bring Nate, Sheed, and Starbury back too.

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
That guy is such a headcase.  I don't care how dominant he can be I don't want him anywhere near the Celtics roster (and I'm certain for many reasons there's no chance he will be).  After that fiasco in Orlando there was a part of me that was relieved he went to the lakers so I wouldn't have to root for him a few times a year.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Makes me happy.

Please leave. 

Want to play with Rondo. 

No thanks Commish. I wouldn't want a guy who doesnt have a heart and would rather leave to get the easy way out than work harder to get to the top.

I don't care how dominant he is, his lack of heart can be contagious.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
This would make me so happy!

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
This would make me so happy!

Unless he leaves for the Heat.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
don't think for a second he would waste his time looking at the C's lol!!! we are barley contenders right now.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Makes me happy.

Please leave. 

Want to play with Rondo. 

I fully expect any team headlined by Rondo and Howard to be an abject failure.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
How funny would it be if he took a major pay cut to play in miami with lebron wade and bosh. How big of a joke would that be.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He's the only guy in the league that can make me like Kobe in comparison to him.  He has no clue how self centered he is.

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Two points (I suspect others will agree with):

1) I think Howard is an embarrassment to professional athletes everywhere, and himself. I've enjoyed laughing at his childishness and dim point of view from afar for the last 18 months, but at this point he's tarnishing the sport. Good grief;

2) I'd of course still take him in a heartbeat, though I doubt we could get him. If he does decide to leave, and ANYONE around him personally has a brain in their head, he should find a way to one of only two places -- San Antonio or Boston. Both have great championship tradition, consistently competitive rosters, and both have coaches who can help him grow as a player and a person. Chicago would be a runner-up to me. OKC also makes some sense, but I have my doubts about whether Presti would even want him at this point for what he'd have to give up.

If things continue to get ugly in LA, and he's to be taken at his word, I'd suspect Boston would be on his short list of desired destinations.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Makes me happy.

Please leave. 

Want to play with Rondo. 

I fully expect any team headlined by Rondo and Howard to be an abject failure.

Yes, it would be painful watching all those alley-oops.