Author Topic: IT Returns Tonight vs Blazers...Out Wednesday vs Celtics (merged)  (Read 13219 times)

Re: IT Returns Tonight vs Blazers...Out Wednesday vs Celtics (merged)
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2018, 04:52:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
IT4 is hilarious

He could have easily dressed tonight, got to see his tribute and be done with it

now the city has to wait another month, bc his family won't be able to attend?
Celtics supposedly offered to fly his family out for the game for whatever that is worth.

seems like he doesn't want to make it easy for the organization...thats fine

but what about the fans?

its just awkward thats all..........even if he was still out due to rehab..... having the tribute up tonight made sense

« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2018, 04:53:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Anyone think Danny or Wyc will be attending tonights game??  lol

IT4 will prob give both the cold shoulder, stare down

« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2018, 04:54:12 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The first time they show him on the Jumbotron tonight, the crowd will react.  Video tribute or not.  He'll get an ovation.  It doesn't have to be official.  He doesn't have to be playing.  It doesn't matter.  The crowd will react.

Unless he also told them that he doesn't want any camera shots taken of him and displayed on the jumbotron which would be kind've outrageous.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2018, 04:54:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
IT4 is hilarious

He could have easily dressed tonight, got to see his tribute and be done with it

now the city has to wait another month, bc his family won't be able to attend?
Celtics supposedly offered to fly his family out for the game for whatever that is worth.

seems like he doesn't want to make it easy for the organization...thats fine

but what about the fans?

its just awkward thats all..........even if he was still out due to rehab..... having the tribute up tonight made sense

Does it really affect us as fans? You can still cheer or boo him, regardless of a video.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2018, 05:05:08 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/01/03/mike-gorman-im-kind-of-tired-with-isaiah

Hell, even Gorman is getting tired of all of this IT drama.

Gorman seems like a pretty laid-back, even-keeled guy, especially in his older age. I think it’s saying something when even he is growing weary of this IT drama.

« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2018, 05:10:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2018/01/03/mike-gorman-im-kind-of-tired-with-isaiah

Gorman seems like a pretty laid-back, even-keeled guy, especially in his older age. I think it’s saying something when even he is growing weary of this IT drama.

everyone is...except for IT4

he is not done yet...maybe for life

tell his grandkids spiteful stories about celts org and evilman Ainge

« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2018, 06:11:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I understand what he’s saying. Not everything that a former player says is front page news, let alone worthy of 24 hour coverage. Part of it is the media, and part of it is IT.

It makes me wonder what coverage of Antoine’s career would have looked like had it started this decade.  There’s definitely such a thing as over-saturation.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2018, 07:44:38 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
I agree wholeheartedly with his decision to change his debut date and ask for the tribute to be changed to that date.

He wants to actually be PLAYING in the tribute game. Not his fault that the Paul Pierce retirement is the same date and I don't believe he is doing this to slight PP OR BOS...

That is not him.

I also agree with CLE's decision to SIT him last night. Dude would've went all out on a back-back night, against US, which would've been a risk.

Isaiah will have plenty more opportunities to kick our keesters in the future and he knows this.

I love the guy.

Signed - Diehard Celtics Fan.

Why not just sit him against Por and play against us?
Portland was a home game. Makes more sense for his first game to be in your facility with your full staff on hand.

Plus, you don't want him extending himself to stick it to his old team first day back. Makes the most sense to play it they way  they did

That is a decent reason, I didn't think of that.

I still am feeling like this wasn't handled well by IT at all. No offense to him, but he isn't in Paul's class.

Sports are like that...sometimes the best intentions can be misconstrued. Sometimes our favorite players do forgettable things.

I remember the playoffs back in the early 2000's with PP and Toine - in Indy. Paul and Toine were so upset with the officiating then that Paul Pierce wore a fake bandage on his forehead during a press conference.

Not our best times, then but Paul is STILL The Truth, to me, and a future HOFer.

All of this will blow over.

IT will get his tribute, his brinks (or close to it), compete on a good team - for banners, hopefully.

BOS will compete for Banners for the next 5-8 years, with Kyrie, GH and Big Al, hopefully.

All good.

comparing IT to Paul is foolish, IMO.

« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2018, 06:18:01 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
It's his tribute, it's inherently about him and the team. If they mutually agree on a time I don't see a problem with it.  Would rather it not overlap with Paul Pierce night but no biggie if it does.
I thought the fans figured somewhere in the equation. Silly me.

If this is just between him and the team, I guess they can just send him a DVD when they're done or something?

Unsurprisingly, PP agrees with Kozlodoev.

https://streamable.com/nc0u8

« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2018, 07:16:53 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
It's his tribute, it's inherently about him and the team. If they mutually agree on a time I don't see a problem with it.  Would rather it not overlap with Paul Pierce night but no biggie if it does.
I thought the fans figured somewhere in the equation. Silly me.

If this is just between him and the team, I guess they can just send him a DVD when they're done or something?

Unsurprisingly, PP agrees with Kozlodoev.

https://streamable.com/nc0u8

Until I find evidence to the contrary, Koz IS Pierce!
#JKJB

« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2018, 08:01:29 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I agree wholeheartedly with his decision to change his debut date and ask for the tribute to be changed to that date.

He wants to actually be PLAYING in the tribute game. Not his fault that the Paul Pierce retirement is the same date and I don't believe he is doing this to slight PP OR BOS...

That is not him.

I also agree with CLE's decision to SIT him last night. Dude would've went all out on a back-back night, against US, which would've been a risk.

Isaiah will have plenty more opportunities to kick our keesters in the future and he knows this.

I love the guy.

Signed - Diehard Celtics Fan.

Why not just sit him against Por and play against us?
Portland was a home game. Makes more sense for his first game to be in your facility with your full staff on hand.

Plus, you don't want him extending himself to stick it to his old team first day back. Makes the most sense to play it they way  they did

That is a decent reason, I didn't think of that.

I still am feeling like this wasn't handled well by IT at all. No offense to him, but he isn't in Paul's class.

Sports are like that...sometimes the best intentions can be misconstrued. Sometimes our favorite players do forgettable things.

I remember the playoffs back in the early 2000's with PP and Toine - in Indy. Paul and Toine were so upset with the officiating then that Paul Pierce wore a fake bandage on his forehead during a press conference.

Not our best times, then but Paul is STILL The Truth, to me, and a future HOFer.

All of this will blow over.

IT will get his tribute, his brinks (or close to it), compete on a good team - for banners, hopefully.

BOS will compete for Banners for the next 5-8 years, with Kyrie, GH and Big Al, hopefully.

All good.

comparing IT to Paul is foolish, IMO.

Can you PLEASE explain how I'm "comparing IT to Paul"?

If you're thinking that perhaps IT should've chosen a different night - so Paul could've had the night to himself I'm with you there.

But Danny has stated that he sees no issue with this - as I stated in another thread and QUOTED the article from ESPN.

I'm not in IT's mind to see his frame of thought.

As I stated in a previous thread my guess is that maybe he wanted to be actually PLAYING in the game that BOS was going to give him his tribute.

If you're trying to read into my thoughts digitally you're wrong.

You need to elaborate better.