Author Topic: Hedo Turkoglu just wants to party  (Read 1928 times)

Re: Hedo Turkoglu just wants to party
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 05:40:55 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
What a goof ball. He's upset because the fans got on his case for partying after he had to sit out a game sick.

Show some maturity, dude. Aren't you over 30? ...How the mighty have fallen.... He went from dangerous star / highly desired free agent to an overpaid goof ball.

I'd be upset if I were a Raptors fan.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 06:07:30 PM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
The way raptors fans celebrated the signing and expected he would turn them into contenders was hilarious...

That is what happens if you don`t do your job! What did Colangelo expect when he gave Hedo that big contract? Turkoglu was no saint and with a long term deal like that it was expected that he would take it easy...He got paid now he can enjoy it...

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 06:10:04 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
You know, there were reports that Otis Smith told Kevin Pritchard (GM of the Blazers) that they were lucky Turkuglu screwed them over.  Maybe this type of attitude is one of the things he was talking about.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 06:21:49 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
The way raptors fans celebrated the signing and expected he would turn them into contenders was hilarious...

That is what happens if you don`t do your job! What did Colangelo expect when he gave Hedo that big contract? Turkoglu was no saint and with a long term deal like that it was expected that he would take it easy...He got paid now he can enjoy it...

Seriously. This makes Sheed's 21 million over 3 years look like a great investment.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 06:25:29 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Honestly, if I were on a team like the Raptors I think I might be more excited about partying than playing, too. 
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 06:29:37 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Gotta say I saw this coming, I believe I picked the Raptors dropping out of the playoffs in Jeff's preseason predictions thread way back in October.  

It never made sense why most of the talking heads predicted them to get a HCA seed, after signing Hedu following a classic contract year performance.  Then factor in the league worst defense they play at the 1 & 5 - it's amazing they still have a shot at the 8th spot really.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 07:16:07 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Chris Bosh is definitely peacing.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 07:39:53 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
after signing Hedu following a classic contract year performance.
His numbers were actually down significantly iirc. He just had a good playoff run with the team.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
That explains why he came off the bench yesterday. I was wondering about that. TP for sharing.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.