Author Topic: In the latest 'LeBron is a tool' news, he now wants to wear #6  (Read 13362 times)

Re: In the latest 'LeBron is a tool' news, he now wants to wear #6
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2010, 09:54:37 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Yo man, don't knock people for their livelihood.

We live in a free enterprise society.

Don't hate the player man, hate the game.

Why aren't the Jordan haters not hating on Jordan for switching teams?

Shouldn't Jordan be buying the Bulls instead of donning Wizards' blue and Bobcats' orange?

Nah
There are business made for being business
there are games made to be games
this is a game
turned into a business
I definetly hate the business not the game.
and those who ^play^the business not the game

business ruins games
dont think so? ask olympics and why USA isnt that
demolition force anymore
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2010, 03:58:06 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
business ruins games
demolition force anymore

This doesn't make sense.  The NBA was a multi-billion worldwide juggarnaut in 1992.  If remember correctly, the US team clobbered everyone that year.

The rise and fall of the US team has nothing to do with business.  The rest of the world caught on to basketball much later than the US did.  They are now starting to catch up.

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2010, 09:09:32 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
business ruins games
demolition force anymore

This doesn't make sense.  The NBA was a multi-billion worldwide juggarnaut in 1992.  If remember correctly, the US team clobbered everyone that year.

The rise and fall of the US team has nothing to do with business.  The rest of the world caught on to basketball much later than the US did.  They are now startign to catch up.

talking about catching up
Proffesional sports takes 10-15 years to develope a generation of great players.not that much

Even when Lithuania had the Zabonis and Brazil had the oscars of the world
USA basketball was dominant. because of the dedication to the sport not the business part.

in 1992 all dream team was very very old.
In 1992 players were more devoted to shooting right (like ray allen now) and dunking less.
devoted to know fundamentals, like mullin and stocktons
and defense like pippens.
be eficient not being flashy
because flashy will put me on espn2
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2010, 09:55:29 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Should this come as any kind of surprise? The guy is obsessed with himself.

Maybe he should quit admiring his pocket squares, sunglasses collection, jersey choices and city-by-city FA courtships and concern himself with winning an NBA championship.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Some quotes from LeBronze Shames:

* “I’m only one guy, I took Hedo in the first game and Rashard made the shot. I took Rashard in the second game and Hedo made the shot. If I could clone myself, we’d be all right. But I can’t.” (A great vote of confidence for his team mates)

* “A LeBron James team is never desperate.” (Really?? He needs to refer to himself in the third person)

* “Sometimes the coaches tell me to be selfish, but my game won’t let me be selfish.”

* “I’m like a superhero. Call me Basketball Man.” (Did anyone notice how many times he said how humble he is..it was during the all star game in Dallas..oh yea, he is the picture of humility)

* “I don’t need too much. Glamour and all that stuff don’t excite me. I am just glad I have the game of basketball in my life.” (Sorry, Knicks fans...LeQueen Shames doesn't care about the glamour and big city lights.)

* “In the next 15 or 20 years, I hope I’ll be the richest man in the world. That’s one of my goals. I want to be a billionaire. I want to get to a position where generation on generation don’t have to worry about nothing. I don’t want family members from my kids to my son’s kids to never have to worry. And I can’t do that now just playing basketball.” (I thought he was pretty content with just playing basketball)

......yea he is a tool and...

..we are all witnesses.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 09:59:21 PM by barefacedmonk »
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2010, 08:57:32 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2010, 09:03:45 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Finally, someone on NBA.com calls him what he is...arrogant.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/03/29/20100329_ricks_rant.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Rick actual comes off like an idiot in this, not really LeBron.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2010, 09:21:38 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2010/03/29/20100329_ricks_rant.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Its called "Rick's Rant"...what do you expect? The Queen is arrogant...he wasn't wrong in saying that. Rick didn't call him an idiot....and neither did I.

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2010, 09:26:02 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Wow... I mean I dislike LeBron as a person as much as the next C's fan but you can't really give him that much crap about a jersey number. There's only 99 to choose from, no one really uses anything over 40 or so that often, so he's pretty much going to "disrespect" some kind of legend no matter what he does. I don't really believe it's anything against Bill Russell, when you think of Bill you (or I, at least) don't immediately think of #6. With Jordan, he's so attached to #23 it's hard to separate the two. LeBron is almost definitely a tool, but this isn't the reason.

I have to disagree here, this is blatantly disrespectful to Bill Russell. After his last comments about Jordan being the greatest of all-time, even Jordan hinted that Lebron should tone it down and give a nod to guys like Russell, Bird, and Magic. Lebron is a jerk, I hope the cavs get kicked out in the ECF and he ships out to NJ so we can beat his ass at least 4 times a year.

Then he can take # 33 after #6.

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2010, 10:21:27 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
LeBronze Shames:

;D TP that's hilariously clever
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2010, 10:46:59 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
LeBronze Shames:

Thanks...TP for you as well. :)

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2010, 06:52:39 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

Its called "Rick's Rant"...what do you expect? The Queen is arrogant...he wasn't wrong in saying that. Rick didn't call him an idiot....and neither did I.

I didn't say anybody called anybody else was an idiot.  I called Rick an idiot.  And LeBron may be arrogant, but the LeBron quote in this video has absolutely nothing to do with it.  Actually what LeBron said in this makes him seem like the opposite of a tool.  That is why I say Rick is an idiot.

If LeBron said the opposite: "I want to lead the league in scoring" Rick would then be ranting about that instead.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2010, 08:24:12 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
LeBronze Shames:

Le'Brick/'Fraud' 'King-Crab-Dribble' 'Jay-miss' (LeBron James)

n.

1. arrogance in human form

2. the state or quality of being arrogant

3. crybaby
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 08:49:02 AM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2010, 08:52:55 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
You guys and your whining and complaining about Lebron is humorous.  Maybe you are "just doing what you do best" though huh. 

No basketball analysis, just blind hatred for someone because he is the best at a game and not on your team.

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2010, 09:02:30 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
You guys and your whining and complaining about Lebron is humorous.  Maybe you are "just doing what you do best" though huh. 

No basketball analysis, just blind hatred for someone because he is the best at a game and not on your team.

Lol, I was just being satirical. I'm from Ohio and I watch LeBron play all the time so you can't call it blind hatred, per say. We all know LeBron is a great talent however it has already been discussed some of the steps that LeBron would need to take in order to get past the sophmoric 'All-Star MVP' type of mindset and become the complete basketball player that he could be with all of his different athletic abilities. By the way, those steps are not 'crab-steps'  :P
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄