Author Topic: Kobe says Lakers gave up too much for Pau Gasol  (Read 14027 times)

Re: Kobe says Lakers gave up too much for Pau Gasol
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 02:08:43 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Dave - I agree with you on the point counterpoint thing.  But I think that is something that plagues all internet forums in general... celticsblog is by far the least of any of the evils I've encountered.

what exactly would be the point of a disscussion forum if the thread consisted of.

1."x is awesome!"

2. "x isn't awesome, its SUPER awesome"

3. "i really think you guys are underestimating x's awesomness factor"

4. Just wanted to say, x is indeed awesome"

and so on for an entire thread? that would be a site i ceased visiting very soon.

if i wanted mindless agreement with every thing brought up, I'd stick to diffrent blogs.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2008, 02:10:20 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Dave - I agree with you on the point counterpoint thing.  But I think that is something that plagues all internet forums in general... celticsblog is by far the least of any of the evils I've encountered.

what exactly would be the point of a disscussion forum if the thread consisted of.

1."x is awesome!"

and so on for an entire thread? that would be a site i ceased visiting very soon.

if i wanted mindless agreement with every thing brought up, I'd stick to diffrent blogs.

"x" is Tony Allen, right?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2008, 02:15:33 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Kobe Bryant doesn't think the Lakers should have given up Marc Gasol in the trade that brought his brother Pau to Los Angeles, according to The Memphis Commercial Appeal.

"In hindsight, we probably didn't have to give him up to get Pau," Bryant said. "We should have kept Marc, too."

Link.

That kind of cracks me up.  Yes, clearly the Lakers overpaid.

...i really have no comment on this. i despise kobe even more.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 02:16:24 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

1."x is awesome!"

"x" is Tony Allen, right?

hehe TP4U.

Although, i'm hoping the human turnover machine can clean it up this year, and become a solid bench player.

stranger things have happened right?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2008, 08:03:31 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235

1."x is awesome!"

You are so right.

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2008, 08:48:02 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
No matter what the first name might be, the Gasols are European big men - they don't mix well under pressure with the NBA playoffs...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2008, 11:04:13 PM »

Offline 2008CELTICS17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Pau never one a single playoff game until this year. He's not a consistant all-star,or is he 20points 10rebounds 4 assist big man.
The Lakers got hot after the trade,and into the playoffs.All there weaknesses came out in the finals. The Lakers should be picked 4th or 5th in West. You have Hornets,and Rockets,Jazz,Spurs,and maybe the Suns.

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2008, 11:17:55 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160

1."x is awesome!"

You are so right.

Don't low brow me, I explained myself in my post to Steve, at length, and you're grossly exaggerating. I don't like that about this site, that's my opinion, I didn't say Celticsblog is terrible because of that, I said I don't like to come here anymore because of it. There was no reason for me to say it at all in the first place so sorry mods, an error on my part.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2008, 11:32:12 PM »

Offline ThreadCrasher

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26

1."x is awesome!"

You are so right.

Don't low brow me, I explained myself in my post to Steve, at length, and you're grossly exaggerating. I don't like that about this site, that's my opinion, I didn't say Celticsblog is terrible because of that, I said I don't like to come here anymore because of it. There was no reason for me to say it at all in the first place so sorry mods, an error on my part.

Ya, don't low brow him.  What he is talking about is finite.

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2008, 12:04:47 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Pau never one a single playoff game until this year. He's not a consistant all-star,or is he 20points 10rebounds 4 assist big man.
The Lakers got hot after the trade,and into the playoffs.All there weaknesses came out in the finals. The Lakers should be picked 4th or 5th in West. You have Hornets,and Rockets,Jazz,Spurs,and maybe the Suns.

youre wrong about Pau
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2008, 04:58:26 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

1."x is awesome!"

You are so right.

Hey Dave, you still haven't told
me where you mother is from  :)
You know, I'd really like to know.