Around the League > Around the NBA

All Things Philadelphia 76ers (merged Sixers threads)

(1/430) > >>

Eja117:
To be fair to the Sixers they had no idea Embiid would be this good. It's great for them that they held onto them.

But last night Jahil Okafor didn't play despite Embiid being on a minutes restriction, fouling out, and Noel picking up his 5th in the 4th quarter.

They're tanking....again....and it's obvious they don't want to hurt one of the their guys and anticipate a trade of a big.

But the optics are horrid. It makes it look like they have no idea how to manage minutes or personalities.

I wouldn't offer anything all that great for one of their bigs. The Sixers are no longer dealing from strength.

I'd offer like KO, Rozier, maybe Demetrius J, a late first, and a 2nd for Jahil and that's it. When you start talking about offering Smart you're just bidding against yourself.

My point is "Oh you want Smart? Odd. Because Smart is actually playing and contributing to winning and Jahil isn't. So if you want Smart what else will you offer us?"

Would I do Smart straight up for Jahil? Definitely. I think Rozier could step into his place and I think we'll be drafting high where there are very very good guards. But there's no need to. Definitely not a starting place.

Smitty77:

--- Quote from: eja117 on January 07, 2017, 01:36:29 PM ---To be fair to the Sixers they had no idea Embiid would be this good. It's great for them that they held onto them.

But last night Jahil Okafor didn't play despite Embiid being on a minutes restriction, fouling out, and Noel picking up his 5th in the 4th quarter.

They're tanking....again....and it's obvious they don't want to hurt one of the their guys and anticipate a trade of a big.

But the optics are horrid. It makes it look like they have no idea how to manage minutes or personalities.

I wouldn't offer anything all that great for one of their bigs. The Sixers are no longer dealing from strength.

I'd offer like KO, Rozier, maybe Demetrius J, a late first, and a 2nd for Jahil and that's it. When you start talking about offering Smart you're just bidding against yourself.

My point is "Oh you want Smart? Odd. Because Smart is actually playing and contributing to winning and Jahil isn't. So if you want Smart what else will you offer us?"

Would I do Smart straight up for Jahil? Definitely. I think Rozier could step into his place and I think we'll be drafting high where there are very very good guards. But there's no need to. Definitely not a starting place.

--- End quote ---

I totally agree eja and Danny was smart to wait!!!  I don't know why Okafor intrigues me with his old school game (offensively) and potential and IMHO, his ability to be taught to develop into a fairly good defender and a better rebounder.

Smitty77

tazzmaniac:
Okafor is only in his 2nd season.  The only pressure to trade him is if they'd rather pay big bucks to keep Noel and Noel is willing to be Embiid's backup.  The former is questionable and the latter is doubtful.  One thing to remember is Okafor was injured at the end of last season so his offseason was focused on recovery not development.  They've still got time to improve his game before trying to trade him. 

makaveli:
Okafor is an absolute beast in the box, i'm sold on him.
But Smart's value is at all time high right now, i would not give up on him for Okafor. In that sense i don't know what package would we send for him.

TheSundanceKid:
I thought Okafor didn't play because he is considered injured? Something to do with his hamstring?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version