Author Topic: I like how this Second Unit looks together  (Read 1613 times)

I like how this Second Unit looks together
« on: February 07, 2010, 03:12:45 PM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
Marquis, House, Tony Allen, Baby and Sheed.

Even without the "true" point guard we've got 3 decent ball handlers to share the duties.

We've got 2 slashers that can get to the rim at will.

We've got 2 3-point shooters on the court.  And another player that can consistently knock down the mid-range jumper

We've got 2 good perimeter/wing defenders and a good big-man defender with two others (Baby and House) that rotate decently

This unit has potential.

Re: I like how this Second Unit looks together
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 03:18:51 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Agreed.  I think a few less optimistic on here were forgetting how good Daniels is.  He's going to make a big difference for this team, if he can stay healthy.

Daniels changes the whole complexion of the bench, and with BBD and Tony playing decently, this is back to being one of the NBA's better benches.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:27:07 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
I always thought the whole TA/Quis cant play together thing because of spacing was overstated. You have Sheed who plays from the perimeter which will open up the lane plenty, and defenders sure as hell arent going to leave House open. Both TA and Quis being able to post up will cause some mismatch problems, especially Marquis because he is a very good passer. BBD looks much better of late and he can hurt other teams with the post up, or the midrange jumper which he is hitting lately. THen on the other side of the ball Quis/TA/BBD are all good defenders, Sheed is very good when he wants to be, and House tries his hardest and can be pesky.

I just hope, and expect Rondo/PP/Ray to get some more rest because of Daniels being back. So far this game the bench has 18 points/4 assists/6 boards/0 turnovers, not bad.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:42:32 PM by Big_Matt34 »

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 03:32:15 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I agree; the way the bench was playing in the early 2nd quarter was a joy to watch! Quis! I've missed you so much! He's actually like my favorite player - I love seeing his mid range game in action.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 03:42:48 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Agreed.  I think a few less optimistic on here were forgetting how good Daniels is.  He's going to make a big difference for this team, if he can stay healthy.

Daniels changes the whole complexion of the bench, and with BBD and Tony playing decently, this is back to being one of the NBA's better benches.
It is easy to forget what Quise' brings because he is willing to fade into the background if he doesn't have a good matchup and because he is never flashy, both of which are positive traits.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 03:50:35 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
That would not be a surprise to if we started a winning streak now and blew other teams out more often. I hope it happens, now that our team is out there together for the first time this season.

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 03:52:52 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm confused, what's this... how did I get here? I thought the sky was supposed to be falling.