Author Topic: Remove me please  (Read 12772 times)

Remove me please
« on: August 22, 2016, 06:49:35 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I have no idea how to get removed from certain topics but lately I am getting everything from Comics to movies to books, etc.

All I want is the Celtics topics. I have no idea how to get these topics removed such as:

Other/General Sports
Television
Other Entertainment/Hobbies

I have no idea how to find someone to remove me from these topics. It seems very difficult as a week or two ago I clicked on "contact us" to explain and nothing happens. I am happy for everyone that wants all those topics but all I want is Celtics.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Remove me please
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 07:23:37 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Not sure how easy that is to do, but seems like a silly thing in the end since all you have to do is bookmark the Celtics forum and stay there...
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?board=3.0

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 07:27:53 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
the email usually has a link that says something like "unsubscribe from this topic" at the bottom in small print.

edit: unless you aren't talking about an email, in that case, I don't know.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 07:47:09 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Not sure how easy that is to do, but seems like a silly thing in the end since all you have to do is bookmark the Celtics forum and stay there...
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?board=3.0

I have bookmarked the Celtics forum but these topics are showing up in it.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 07:49:11 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
the email usually has a link that says something like "unsubscribe from this topic" at the bottom in small print.

Not sure what you mean by an email. When I open the Celtics Blog Forums there are many topics but lately I have been inundated with topics that have nothing to do with the Celtics and I don't know how to get rid of them other than "Mark all topics Read" but that is annoying to have to do each time. I just don't know why I am getting these topics.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 07:58:58 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Not sure what you mean by an email. When I open the Celtics Blog Forums there are many topics but lately I have been inundated with topics that have nothing to do with the Celtics and I don't know how to get rid of them other than "Mark all topics Read" but that is annoying to have to do each time. I just don't know why I am getting these topics.

now I understand. it says "latest forum topics" for a reason, it's the topics people are talking about at the moment. if you don't want that then hit the "-" and it will minimize something you don't have to pay attention to anyway. if you have it bookmarked then the topic you bookmark only shows for that topic because the books thing is in a different area than general Cs talk.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 08:02:38 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

now I understand. it says "latest forum topics" for a reason, it's the topics people are talking about at the moment. if you don't want that then hit the "-" and it will minimize something you don't have to pay attention to anyway. if you have it bookmarked then the topic you bookmark only shows for that topic because the books thing is in a different area than general Cs talk.

TP! I will try that and hopefully it solves my problem. Thanks

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 08:38:07 PM »

Offline strokeracevt

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Cool pictures. Any truth to the word that Terry is sipping "lean"?

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 11:11:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I HAVE no idea what this topic is about. What am I missing? You guys belong to some list serve?

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 12:11:23 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I HAVE no idea what this topic is about. What am I missing? You guys belong to some list serve?
you get emails from the forums for the topics you have replied/subscribed too

if you just assigned them to spam from day 1, then you prolly just forgot all about them; moreover, gmail and other email providers often send such mails directly to 'Updates' or folders other than 'Primary' that the users check rarely - this is what happens in my case, I still have all the emails but I rarely if ever read them.

You can decide your settings manually if you go to
>Profile
>Modify Profile
>Notifications

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 05:40:03 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Lol I don't even remember using an email to make Celtics Blog, but it's been a while. Even if I did, I most likely used a smurf email account.

As for forum topics...I only see the topics on the "Latest Forum Topics" and just click on those threads. If I feel the need to dig up something, I'd just go to "Forum" and search for the specified categories lol. I.e. Brooklyn Nets Season Watch Thread would be under "Around the NBA," and so forth haha.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 09:34:03 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
It has nothing to do with emails. It had to do with unwanted topics mixed into the Celtics topics which is all I want.

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 10:04:55 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
It has nothing to do with emails. It had to do with unwanted topics mixed into the Celtics topics which is all I want.

Once the season starts up again the topics will be more NBA-focused again, but this time of year is extremely slow basketball-wise, so all the off-topic threads rise to the top

I don't know if there's any way to filter the "Latest Forum Topics" section, but on the bright side it will )well, should) be back to basketball once training camp starts
I'm bitter.

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 11:46:57 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I am trying to upload a png graphic to explain what I see but it doesn't let me - something about can't find upload path or something.

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 12:16:33 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I am trying to upload a png graphic to explain what I see but it doesn't let me - something about can't find upload path or something.

Upload it here, and get the share links and post here.

http://imgur.com/