Author Topic: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?  (Read 29592 times)

Re: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2019, 07:43:01 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Just tossing around an idea/question.

But (Assuming player and team agree)

Couldn't something like Hayward and Rozier signed for a 1 year 20 mill dollar contract work in a deal for Beal and Mahinmi? (of course Boston would add some sort of pick in here)

Outgoing salary for Boston would be 51 million, incoming would be 41 million, and according to ESPN's trade checker those numbers make a legal trade.

I mean you, in this instance, would have the debate of if Hayward and 1 year of Rozier is worth Beal. I would argue yes as it gives them a pg for a year to replace the injured wall, Bet on Haywards recovery (they probably make playoffs in the East), and lines up massive expiring s over the next few seasons allowing for a bit of a rebuild on the fly.

but on to my thought of a deal to create my ideal team for next season.

NOP gets Mahinmi, Tatum, Smart, Memphis pick, Clipper pick, Boston 2021 first pick
gives: Davis, Moore. NOP adds a fat expiring deal they can move at deadline, adds a high value pick, and another pick this year as well as a future pick on top of an ALL NBA defensive SG/PG and a superstar potential in Tatum. Wing positions are set for a long time for them.

Washington gets Hayward, Sacramento pick, 2019 Boston second.
Gives, Beal, Mahinmi

Washington immediately saves 10 million in payroll. Bets on Haywards return to form and goes on a little mini tank next season until Wall comes back. Sacramento pick adds them another nice young cost controlled player this season.

Boston trades: Tatum, Smart, Hayward, all picks but Bostons own this year.

gets< Davis, Beal, Moore

This is why Boston does it.

Kyrie/MLE point guard Beverley/Wannamaker/
Beal/Moore/min player
Brown/Carter lle/Semi
Horford/Morris resigned/Dudly lle
Davis/Baynes/Williams
Our outgoing salary in that case will be 41 million, as Rozier's outgoing salary will only count as half the salary he will actually earn. Also I believe that S&Ts have to be at least 3 year deals, as pointed out by Csfan1984. And btw Washington will not sell Beal for that type of pu pu platter lol, we'll probably have to attach multiple first round picks for such a deal to be done.

Lol. I said ideal...not realistic

« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2019, 07:51:12 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Couldn't something like Hayward and Rozier signed for a 1 year 20 mill dollar contract work in a deal for Beal and Mahinmi? (of course Boston would add some sort of pick in here)

Outgoing salary for Boston would be 51 million, incoming would be 41 million, and according to ESPN's trade checker those numbers make a legal trade.

I mean you, in this instance, would have the debate of if Hayward and 1 year of Rozier is worth Beal. I would argue yes as it gives them a pg for a year to replace the injured wall, Bet on Haywards recovery (they probably make playoffs in the East), and lines up massive expiring s over the next few seasons allowing for a bit of a rebuild on the fly.

NOP gets Mahinmi, Tatum, Smart, Memphis pick, Clipper pick, Boston 2021 first pick
gives: Davis, Moore. NOP adds a fat expiring deal they can move at deadline, adds a high value pick, and another pick this year as well as a future pick on top of an ALL NBA defensive SG/PG and a superstar potential in Tatum. Wing positions are set for a long time for them.

Gives, Beal, Mahinmi

Washington immediately saves 10 million in payroll. Bets on Haywards return to form and goes on a little mini tank next season until Wall comes back. Sacramento pick adds them another nice young cost controlled player this season.

gets< Davis, Beal, Moore

Beal/Moore/min player
Brown/Carter lle/Semi
Davis/Baynes/Williams
Our outgoing salary in that case will be 41 million, as Rozier's outgoing salary will only count as half the salary he will actually earn. Also I believe that S&Ts have to be at least 3 year deals, as pointed out by Csfan1984. And btw Washington will not sell Beal for that type of pu pu platter lol, we'll probably have to attach multiple first round picks for such a deal to be done.

I really don’t see what y’all see in Beal. We should just prepare to ship Kyrie to the Spurs, OKC, or Houston 🙃

« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2019, 08:02:03 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Gives, Beal, Mahinmi

gets< Davis, Beal, Moore

Beal/Moore/min player
Brown/Carter lle/Semi
Davis/Baynes/Williams

I really don’t see what y’all see in Beal. We should just prepare to ship Kyrie to the Spurs, OKC, or Houston 🙃

25, 5 and 5 on very good shooting percentages, while having ZERO help, while proving is capapble of player a secondary role, while being able to play a couple of positions, while playing very solid defense.

Beal is quite underrated around the league, not sure why

« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2019, 08:09:59 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Gives, Beal, Mahinmi

gets< Davis, Beal, Moore

Beal/Moore/min player
Brown/Carter lle/Semi
Davis/Baynes/Williams

25, 5 and 5 on very good shooting percentages, while having ZERO help, while proving is capapble of player a secondary role, while being able to play a couple of positions, while playing very solid defense.

Agreed. I wouldn't want him on the Celtics though, his ballhandling isn't good enough to be a full time PG, and if he played SG we'd have to bench Brown again.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2019, 08:14:46 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Gives, Beal, Mahinmi

gets< Davis, Beal, Moore

Beal/Moore/min player
Brown/Carter lle/Semi
Davis/Baynes/Williams

Agreed. I wouldn't want him on the Celtics though, his ballhandling isn't good enough to be a full time PG, and if he played SG we'd have to bench Brown again.

He is a SG primarily, no doubt there.

But Brown is also a SF, and can play that position as well as he can SG.

So you would actually be looking at a wing trio of

Kyrie/Beal/Brown

That is everything you could want. Kyrie is the best in the world 1 on 1 and is a fantastic shooter and is fantastic at kicking out to shooters. (Beal/Brown)

Beal is one of the best shooters in the game who can also get inside, like kyrie and score or kick out to shooters. (Irving/Brown)

Brown is a tremendous defender of multiple positions who has become very adept at knocking down the 3 ball on kickouts. Can also run out on breaks as well as anyone in the league.

« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2019, 09:09:34 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
WAS isn't going to take the SAC pick + 2nd round pick and Hayward's contract for Bradley Beal... (SAC pick isn't even that valuable anymore to be honest.)

I'm simply amazed that you guys think teams will just roll over and give your best players away for literally nothing.  You gotta give to get.

Any trade for Beal is starting with Brown or Tatum.

I don't underrate Beal, but I know his value is very high, other than AD, he's probably one of the most coveted players on the trade block.

I really like Beal, he's one of my favorite SG's next to Klay/Harden. But he's not going for cheap.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 09:47:35 AM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2019, 10:55:05 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Gives, Beal, Mahinmi

gets< Davis, Beal, Moore

Beal/Moore/min player
Brown/Carter lle/Semi
Davis/Baynes/Williams

Kyrie/Beal/Brown

That is everything you could want. Kyrie is the best in the world 1 on 1 and is a fantastic shooter and is fantastic at kicking out to shooters. (Beal/Brown)

Beal is one of the best shooters in the game who can also get inside, like kyrie and score or kick out to shooters. (Irving/Brown)

Brown is a tremendous defender of multiple positions who has become very adept at knocking down the 3 ball on kickouts. Can also run out on breaks as well as anyone in the league.

Beal is a great offensive talent, and from what I can see does not shy from the biggest moments - great attributes. Maybe he'd be content to be a secondary ball-handler who gets to shoot 10-12 catch-and shoots plus 3-5 drives; can't say.

One downside that I perceive from watching the Celtics-Wizards games is that he's not much of a defender. Playing him with Kyrie could put a lot of pressure on the other players to up their defensive game.

« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2019, 11:03:56 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Gives, Beal, Mahinmi

gets< Davis, Beal, Moore

Beal/Moore/min player
Brown/Carter lle/Semi
Davis/Baynes/Williams

Kyrie/Beal/Brown

Beal is a great offensive talent, and from what I can see does not shy from the biggest moments - great attributes. Maybe he'd be content to be a secondary ball-handler who gets to shoot 10-12 catch-and shoots plus 3-5 drives; can't say.

One downside that I perceive from watching the Celtics-Wizards games is that he's not much of a defender. Playing him with Kyrie could put a lot of pressure on the other players to up their defensive game.

If Kyrie stays, Marcus Smart is better suited to be next to him, plus they have great chemistry. I just think Beal is going to need the ball in his hands too much to be effective, unless he's 100% okay with coming off screens and catch and shooting. I also think Marcus Smart could take a step forward, increase his APG/SPG. W/S was 5.3 compared to Bradley Beal's 7.6, and Smart played like 9.4 minutes less.

« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2019, 12:33:32 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
gotta tank for that kid that destroys Bronnie in the HS star series.

« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2019, 01:50:29 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
I find myself continuing to flip flop on what I want to see done,

I mean I love a team of

Irving
Smart
Brown
Horford
Davis
and either Hayward off the bench or him traded for a bigman who can allow for Horford to rest and come off bench/close games.

But I can also really get behind continued growth around Brown/Smart/Tatum

I mean I would hate to see Al go, and would be very ok with Hayward leaving if it meant adding more youth with potential added in the front court. would be a fun team to watch grow

« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2019, 02:11:37 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

I find myself continuing to flip flop on what I want to see done,

I mean I love a team of

Irving
Smart
Brown
Horford
Davis
and either Hayward off the bench or him traded for a bigman who can allow for Horford to rest and come off bench/close games.

But I can also really get behind continued growth around Brown/Smart/Tatum

I mean I would hate to see Al go, and would be very ok with Hayward leaving if it meant adding more youth with potential added in the front court. would be a fun team to watch grow

We are in same boat man. Either way al will need help down low and Davis would be the key to that. Whatever happens it will open my eyes to how good DA is when it comes to trades. I know what he’s done in the past, but this will the 1st time in my life I’ll be able to witness it.

« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2019, 02:17:06 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I hope OKC blows it up.

PG-13/AD/Kyrie would be an awesome big 3.

« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2019, 02:20:19 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
This is an admittedly odd/unrealistic scenario, but I have a certain affinity for this lineup:

Marcus Smart
Klay Thompson
Jaylen Brown
Gordon Hayward
Anthony Davis

Presumably in this scenario Irving and Horford both bailed, we acquired Davis for Tatum, Yabusele, Williams, Ojeyele and all of our 2019 1st rounders, and Thompson was signed with cap room (shrug).

« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2019, 02:21:11 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

I hope OKC blows it up.

PG-13/AD/Kyrie would be an awesome big 3.

I hope Kyrie wants to go to either OKC or Houston...Maybe even the Spurs

« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2019, 02:22:30 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

This is an admittedly odd/unrealistic scenario, but I have a certain affinity for this lineup:

Marcus Smart
Klay Thompson
Jaylen Brown
Gordon Hayward
Anthony Davis

Presumably in this scenario Irving and Horford both bailed, we acquired Davis for Tatum, Yabusele, Williams, Ojeyele and all of our 2019 1st rounders, and Thompson was signed with cap room (shrug).

Hayward at PF? Yikes. And I really wish I could see what Smart starting at PG looks like.