Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)  (Read 18813 times)

Roy H., Who, wdleehi, boscel33, Donoghus, Emmette Bryant, green_bballers13 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #225 on: Today at 07:35:49 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 706
  • MASTER OF PANIC
so, if Indy wins tonight the ECF would start next Tuesday. so another 5 days of rest. and 3 weeks from his injury

during the broadcast they said he has been going through on court workouts (which we've seen some of) with the staff. but no team activities yet but on pace to return in the ECF. i'm guessing though it would probably not be until later in the series.

unless we hear he is participating in team drills this week. but even then, no need to rush him.

he posted a "trending up" post on his instagram yesterday.

Knicks Pacers is tomorrow. This is going to help the Knicks get another day off.

« Reply #226 on: Today at 07:40:58 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2977
I think Celtics are going to need to find a way though the  East finals series w/o KP .

At this point I don’t see him coming to rescue the Celtics if they are down games , but maybe if Celtics are up games he plays some warmup time to get back in the groove for the finals.

« Reply #227 on: Today at 08:56:19 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1612
i want KP back for ECF even if on limited time
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #228 on: Today at 08:57:36 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1612
I really think the team needs to get series done and save KP for the finals .

Our backup bigs including X need to step it up .

LOLOLOL  how can X step it up if joe blow does not even play him? he would rather watch kornet get crucified like he was by mobley, etc.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #229 on: Today at 10:08:11 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25607
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Seriously, don't these multimillionaires have access to some designer PEDs to aid the healing process?  Lebron can't be the only guy who gets the good stuff.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #230 on: Today at 10:13:51 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1625
  • What a Pub Should Be
Seriously, don't these multimillionaires have access to some designer PEDs to aid the healing process?  Lebron can't be the only guy who gets the good stuff.

Gotta travel over to Germany for that.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #231 on: Today at 10:15:20 AM »

Online boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Maybe they all need to talk to Ray Lewis's doctors and what he took for his torn triceps!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #232 on: Today at 10:19:21 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 886
I’m not sure anyone is calling to rush KP back.

But if at some point he’s fully healthy do we just sit him for the heck of it? And throw him out cold in a series potentially finals?

KP hasn't really been fully healthy all year.  The team has been using strategic rest all season.  I don't see that changing.

Extra rest is certainly more beneficial than whatever rust concerns there are.

I am not sure you know that to be true.  The absolute best case now is out 3 weeks, more likely 4 weeks or more.  In that time, you lose your wind, you lose your touch, and you lose your rhythm with the team.

I would say that the optimal scenario is that he comes back at some point in the ECF, say game 3, when we already have a comfortable series lead (hopefully), he eases back in and is truly fully back in shape and in rhythm for the finals.

If we have to rest him beyond that because his calf is still not 100%, then you have to rest him, I don't consider that "extra" rest.  But if you get to that point, and he is ready, the calf is healed, and you have a choice to rest him more or start to play him, I would absolutely start to play him.  If he is ready to play, "extra" rest is not more beneficial than rust concerns.

I think people are all trying to say the same thing but we get caught up with semantics.  Say you are at game 2 or 3 of the EFC, and Porzingis says "it is still a little sore but I think I can go", then you probably don't play him, unless you are down in the series and desperate.  But if Porzingis says I am absolutely good to go, it feels as good as it felt before the injury, then do you give him "extra" rest?