Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 247767 times)

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
LOL...so many posters were talking about Williams being in the rotation (some talked about him guarding Embid). There is a reason the guy was passed over. His motivation and maturity were rightfully questioned. The C's will be lucky if he ever contributes anything of significance.

I see that p.o.v., and it makes some sense. But to channel Danny, somehow the kid was SEC defensive player of the year twice. He somehow made trips with A and M. So what’s going on? Maybe he needs a redshirt year and a heck of a lot of counseling. Seems kind of self-destructive right now.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
So when will the Robert Williams is a bust threads start?

You have to actually show up to be a bust, so far he his not even bust material.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 11:14:42 PM by Ogaju »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
LOL...so many posters were talking about Williams being in the rotation (some talked about him guarding Embid). There is a reason the guy was passed over. His motivation and maturity were rightfully questioned. The C's will be lucky if he ever contributes anything of significance.

I see that p.o.v., and it makes some sense. But to channel Danny, somehow the kid was SEC defensive player of the year twice. He somehow made trips with A and M. So what’s going on? Maybe he needs a redshirt year and a heck of a lot of counseling. Seems kind of self-destructive right now.

Self-destructive is getting drunk and crashing your car into a pedestrian. Or overdosing on coke. Missing a flight is just lAme.

You guys are going waaaaaaay over overboard. Frankly im glad he stood up those media clowns at their butt kissing session

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
The Boston media loves to eat its own. Price of the Red Sox became a target when he picked on one of their own, who should never have been on a flight with the players after criticizing one of them on the air. 

Now, have they found a young Celtic to microscope?  It's all over twitter, and some of it isn't nice. A young kid from Texas misses a flight for a reason nobody knows, and we are supposed to make something of this?

Everybody has missed a flight for one reason or another, and some have even missed meetings because of it. Big deal.

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1599
another bad look... I told yall the missed conference call was a bad look.

agreed and i am not liking this start at all.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
The Boston media loves to eat its own. Price of the Red Sox became a target when he picked on one of their own, who should never have been on a flight with the players after criticizing one of them on the air. 

Now, have they found a young Celtic to microscope?  It's all over twitter, and some of it isn't nice. A young kid from Texas misses a flight for a reason nobody knows, and we are supposed to make something of this?

Everybody has missed a flight for one reason or another, and some have even missed meetings because of it. Big deal.

I thought it was awesome he was late to kiss their rings. They are an awful bunch..

• Bill Sharman

yeah some saying he will blow by baynes and theis. LAUGHABLE. those two SHOW UP and are reliable.
this dude may not even be on team in a couple years
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja

if it were only this, you would have a point. but there was another incident earlier, yes? that is why this is a big deal. couple that with rumors about his personality prior to the draft and folks have a reason to be concerned...not reach any conclusions, but be concerned.

i wonder who the heck RW's agent is? he cant set up some sort of reminders for him?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Re: Robert Williams and the makings of a masterpiece
« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2018, 11:03:53 PM »

• Bill Sharman
MASTERPIECE?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HE CANNOT HOLD A CANDLE TO THEIS OR BAYNES

THEY AT LEAST SHOW UP!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

1. Eck didn’t criticize someone. He said “yuck” when a rehab start was mentioned on the broadcast.

2. The “kid” has only had three obligations thus far as an employee. He’s been late to two of them.

3. It’s the dog days of summer in a sports-crazed town. This will definitely be mentioned.

I think based on his limited time here, the “kid” doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt. He has to earn it. The Celtics aren’t in the babysitting business.

« Reply #220 on: July 01, 2018, 11:06:20 PM »

• Bill Sharman
This thread should be called the making of a season in the doghouse

yep. i learned how to set an alarm and be responsible in 4th fricking grade in boarding school!

This clown is not looking good at all and if he keeps it up his ass will be LONG GONE and will NOT FIT IN HERE
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2018, 11:07:59 PM »

• Bill Sharman
http://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/1013537987492302848

Yeah, not the greatest start to Williams’ Celtics career...

Lol.  He's very young. 

so was i in 4th grade when i had to set alarms.

pathetic argument
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Geez cut the kid a ****in break internet high and mighty  ::)
He doesn't get paid for breaks. Do your job.

Plus he's already been cut a break. How many breaks are we going to cut him? Should he have to make it to games or are my expectations just too tough for young people these days?

Are you his dad?  Get over it.  I’m sure someone will get in his ear and set him straight.  Disgusting how some of you jump all over someone for an indiscretion yet probably don’t hold yourselves to the same standard.  Hypocritical.  Let’s see how he turns out first before we freakin Throw him out

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

if it were only this, you would have a point. but there was another incident earlier, yes? that is why this is a big deal. couple that with rumors about his personality prior to the draft and folks have a reason to be concerned...not reach any conclusions, but be concerned.

i wonder who the heck RW's agent is? he cant set up some sort of reminders for him?

Maybe the agent he fired a couple of days before the draft was trying to reign him in, and that is why he made that bonehead move. Add firing his agent a couple of days to draft as another bonehead move on his plate.

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1695
Media overreporting at its finest.  Some stuff doesn't need to be in the news.

As for Williams, once is a mistake but twice is a habit.  In college, you learn quickly which classes you need to attend religiously and which you can miss once in a while.  This isn't one you can miss.  He needs to figure that out quickly if he wants his coaches and teammates to trust him. 

Only one person who can fix his attitude.