Author Topic: Bradley and Rozier for #7  (Read 4403 times)

Bradley and Rozier for #7
« on: June 14, 2017, 05:13:37 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Danny calls about the seventh pick In the draft, Thibs loves Bradley but mentions he's gonna need a huge payday next year and asks for a sweetner in Terry Rozier.

Do you still do it. We could draft Frank Mason with a second rounder this year who smarter and more polished than Terry.

Markannen and Isaac one if those guys will be available, both great fits for the Celtics.

Re: Bradley and Rozier for #7
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:24:10 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Horford Zizic
 Markannen Olynyk
 Hayward Crowder
 Brown Smart
 Thomas Fultz

We'd miss Avery for sure, but that's a sick lineup 10 deep. Gotta love how It opens it up for Brown or Fultz to start.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 05:43:55 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
TWolves aren't going to trade the #7 for a 1 year rental.  If Bradley walks, it would end up as the #7 for Rozier. 

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 06:13:02 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I doubt if we could get a player as good as Bradley at seven.  A lot of rookies struggle and it is simple as that.

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 06:22:42 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
🙄.... if you was them would you trade YOUR 7th pick for someone who will never be an all-star? AB is as good as he will ever be right now and probably wouldn't even start for them. They are in search for a playmaker if Rubio goes.

Danny calls about the seventh pick In the draft, Thibs loves Bradley but mentions he's gonna need a huge payday next year and asks for a sweetner in Terry Rozier.

Do you still do it. We could draft Frank Mason with a second rounder this year who smarter and more polished than Terry.

Markannen and Isaac one if those guys will be available, both great fits for the Celtics.

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 06:33:33 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
No thanks. Even only for Bradley.

Rozier and #37 is my offer, and Minnesota obviously says no.

@mrceltics2013:

Saying Bradley is as good as he will ever be is simply NOT KNOWING the player. He's gotten better every year and is on the right side of 30. Respect him a little bit. Also, telling he probably wouldn't start for them is absolutely crazy.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 06:52:37 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
sooo who's he starting over?

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 06:57:43 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
No thanks. Even only for Bradley.

Rozier and #37 is my offer, and Minnesota obviously says no.

@mrceltics2013:

Saying Bradley is as good as he will ever be is simply NOT KNOWING the player. He's gotten better every year and is on the right side of 30. Respect him a little bit. Also, telling he probably wouldn't start for them is absolutely crazy.
Bradley is great, but he's leveled out.  He has done everything right in his career and improved his skills in ALL areas, but he has no further upside.

That said, I would offer Crowder and Rozier instead.  Bradley is just too valuable.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 07:12:05 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
If we don't get Hayward, this would be a good idea.  However, free agency is after the draft, so I don't see this happening since it would take up the salary cap space needed for Hayward. I really wish the draft was after free agency like it is for football.

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 07:13:19 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
One year of Bradley doesn't get #7 from a team that doesn't need a 2 in the first place.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 08:08:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
One year of Bradley doesn't get #7 from a team that doesn't need a 2 in the first place.
Teague/Hill/12 were all involved in a trade.  Teague was traded for Hill and Hill was traded for 12, which then went to the team trading Teague.  Teague and Hill were both in their final year.  Bradley is certainly a comparable player to Hill and isn't much behind Teague (if at all, depending on your preference).  Obviously 7 is bigger than 12, but I don't think a Bradley/Rozier for 7 swap is crazy, and Bradley clearly fills a real need on that team i.e. a solid defender that isn't terrible offensively.  I mean with Rush instead of Lavine, Minnesota was essentially the same team and Rush is no where near the overall player of Lavine, Rush just fits better.  Bradley is a significantly better version of Rush, I can totally see Minnesota acquiring Bradley and then looking to move Lavine in a separate trade (maybe attach him to Rubio to really clear the decks). 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:17:45 AM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 08:29:39 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I'd probably do it. I don't think the C's can sign a max FA and then head into next offseason needing to pay AB/IT/Smart. You can get a big man prospect in the back end like a Collins/Markannen/etc.

That being said, Minny says no.

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 08:31:51 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
what is the fascination for dumping a very productive player for yet another draft pick?  I don't get it.  no one at #7 is close to guaranteed to be as good as AB is right now no matter how long their career is nor should this team (or people following this team) be banking on a rookie coming in an playing major minutes (never mind starting) and producing at a high level when on the court.

just boggles my mind. 

if you're that concerned about trading AB because you're worried about paying him on his next deal, I get that but the point of trading a player of AB's caliber is to either get a better player than AB (sending AB out as part of a package) or to get future assets that free up cap space this year to ensure being able to offer a max contract while still retaining some of our current players who are FAs this offseason.  Trading AB for yet another pick this year does not accomplish any of that.

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2017, 08:51:24 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
what is the fascination for dumping a very productive player for yet another draft pick?  I don't get it.  no one at #7 is close to guaranteed to be as good as AB is right now no matter how long their career is nor should this team (or people following this team) be banking on a rookie coming in an playing major minutes (never mind starting) and producing at a high level when on the court.

just boggles my mind. 

if you're that concerned about trading AB because you're worried about paying him on his next deal, I get that but the point of trading a player of AB's caliber is to either get a better player than AB (sending AB out as part of a package) or to get future assets that free up cap space this year to ensure being able to offer a max contract while still retaining some of our current players who are FAs this offseason.  Trading AB for yet another pick this year does not accomplish any of that.
Yes to all of the above, that's why I advocate swapping out AB for Crowder in that trade.  Also, Jae could be a vet leader on that young Minny team.

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2017, 12:25:00 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

just boggles my mind. 

The point is what if this is the best deal in the table for Bradley. You get a cost controlled high upside player for four years who happens to be a big Man.

I'd love to trade Crowder instead but funny think Minny has any interest in him.

Minnesota is the most disappointing team in the league to me every year. They don't need another rookie. Best young Bug man in the game Town's, Andrew Wiggins, Lavine, Dunn, Rubio, Shabazz, Dieing.

And they stink? They need Leaders bad. They make Avery a Happy man and pay him ft I've years 100 million plus and he takes that team to the next Level no question about it