Author Topic: The other rebuilds in the Atlantic Div  (Read 793 times)

The other rebuilds in the Atlantic Div
« on: January 14, 2015, 09:28:48 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
With all the Cs rebuild talk I thought it would be interesting to explore what the NYK and Phili will do this offseason.

Knicks fans are delusional most who I talk to think they are getting M Gasol and will have a chance to steal Lebron. Neither are happening. What I wonder is if P Jackson is ready to bring in sub star level vets to build a team around Melo. What I could see is Dragic being the big offseason haul. After that they add a combo forward either Milsap, Thad Young or Green. The third move would have to be for a center with the top likely choice being Asik. I could also see them trading us for Turner or go after Stephenson. Both could play some PG in the triangle and allow Dragic to play some off the ball. All of this will obviously be effected by the draft. Okafor or Mudiay would change this plan. Any other top 8 pick would likely come off the bench for the year.

2015-26 Knicks

C Asik
PF Young
SF Melo
SG Hardaway
PG Dragic
6th Stephenson
7th Amare (bet he resigns for cheap)

Thoughts?

As for the other rebuild in the Atlantic Phili is just a huge question mark. Do they draft a third big and form a super talented 3 big rotation? Do they draft Mudiay and move MCW? My biggest question is do they actually start to build a team? A player like Tobias Harris could be a good first FA pick up. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: The other rebuilds in the Atlantic Div
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 12:20:50 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think people are sick of Phil and he will not be able to attract top agents.  His last success was what ten years ago.  Now NYC itself will always attract people because it is a world's stage.   As far as playing with Melo as a draw, I think not.   It never worked for Denver, helped NYC initially but I think he has a reputation as a prima donna in the league.  He also is no longer a top three player but maybe even a stretch at top ten?   I dunno if he would be a top five?   He used to be before Durant and some of the new guys but not anymore.

I think Philly is going to take a huge step forward next year with Embiid and another top tier pick this year.   They are ahead of us in talent, I think.  We may beat them but Embiid and Noel have a lot more potential than KO and Sully.   Sully is near his peak, only conditioning holds him back.   But skill level wise he is developed.   KO too is skilled but soft and needs to get stronger.   Athletically both these guys are limited.   Noel and Embiid are off the scale athletically compared to our bigs.   Some day they will start playing to win, one has to wonder if all the tanking has hurt their young guys psyche though.

Bottom line, I hate any team not named Boston Celtics and I could care less.