Author Topic: Clippers Trades  (Read 2410 times)

Clippers Trades
« on: January 14, 2015, 09:40:12 AM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Although I fully support Danny Ainge's rebuilding efforts I have to admit that as a fan it's getting really frustrating seeing our players get traded and then having the players we get in return get bought out.

Based on the latest trade talks I've heard it looks like this trend may continue. According to sources it appears as though the Celtics are trying to free up some roster spots in order to acquire two expiring contracts from the Clippers to go along with a 2nd round pick in exchange for Austin Rivers.

Some of the names being mentioned are Glen Davis, Hedo Turkoglu, Ekpe Udoh, and Chris Douglas-Roberts. I expect most if not all of these guys to be either bought out or flipped for more picks prior to the February trade deadline.

I read an article recently that the Clippers are trying to unload SG Reggie Bullock who was the 25th overall pick in the 2013 but hasn't received significant minutes off the bench on a team that relies largely on veterans. Now I'd much rather take a flyer on Reggie Bullock and see what he can do when given some minutes then take on a expiring contract and just buy him out.

What do you guys think? Which trade would you rather have Danny make?

Trade 1:
Clippers get Austin Rivers

Celtics get Reggie Bullock, Expring Contract (Davis, Turkoglu, Udoh, or Douglas-Roberts), and a 2nd-Rounder

Trade 2:
Clippers get Austin Rivers

Celtics get 2 Expiring Contracts (some combination of Davis, Turkoglu, Udoh, or Douglas-Roberts) and a 2nd-Rounder

Re: Clippers Trades
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 09:54:25 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
It's already been reported Rivers is getting moved for expiring contracts and a 2R pick.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 10:01:03 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
It's already been reported Rivers is getting moved for expiring contracts and a 2R pick.
beat me to it. yes, ainge appears to be very reluctant to take back any salary without an immediate expiration date on it.

on this whole set of trades over the past few days, i am impressed by ainge being able to clear up space, move contracts, pick up 2nd rounders etc. in such a clever and inventive way.

it is making my head spin, which of course is also a bit annoying since absolutely none of the players involved are worth a rat's butt. nonetheless, the celtics have come out a bit further ahead than when they started.

hats off to danny for some clever dealing on the periphery of the team. i am hopeful he can be equally clever when dealing with more substantial assets such as draft picks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 10:03:01 AM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Doesn't mean it's a done deal. Until Boston clears the necessary roster spots the trade won't be completed and therefore has the possibility to be changed. Just saying it would be nice to get a player that actually gets to suit up for the Celtics as opposed to just being bought out that's all.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 10:19:11 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Nate Rob's just been bought out, so that's one bird down.

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 10:36:50 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Doesn't mean it's a done deal. Until Boston clears the necessary roster spots the trade won't be completed and therefore has the possibility to be changed. Just saying it would be nice to get a player that actually gets to suit up for the Celtics as opposed to just being bought out that's all.

The Clippers are likely to release Bullock.  If he's worth the roster spot, Ainge can always sign him to a minimum deal.  I think it's telling tho that no team wanted him for free.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 10:40:23 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

It seems like its a done deal and now it is just waiting on the Prince and Robinson buy outs.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 10:53:28 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
With all these 2nd rounders, Ainge is going to be looking at a lot of Euro ball to find international players that can be stashed overseas.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 11:47:46 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

The Clippers are likely to release Bullock.  If he's worth the roster spot, Ainge can always sign him to a minimum deal.  I think it's telling tho that no team wanted him for free.
yes. while it is fun to discuss and speculate, let's not lose sight of the fact that each and every player being discussed over the past few days is without doubt, clearly, emphatically a bottom feeding guy in the nba.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva