Author Topic: Kentucky and Duke have already offered 11 year old LeBron Jr. A scholarship  (Read 8816 times)

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
He shouldn't have to ever even play for Kentucky or Duke or any college. Its disgusting that he is forced to.

He isnt forced to. His family is wealthy enough for him to do whatever he wants for a single year, or whatever stupid rules are in place by then.

That doesn't change that the rule is wrong and they are trying to make it two years which is even worse. And if he does decide he wants to be a pro basketball player he almost has to go to college because it would get him ready more so than being benched over seas.

I agree that the rule is stupid. hopefully things will change by then. We all know these schools just want to profit from Lebrons legacy.

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
He shouldn't have to ever even play for Kentucky or Duke or any college. Its disgusting that he is forced to.

He isnt forced to. His family is wealthy enough for him to do whatever he wants for a single year, or whatever stupid rules are in place by then.

That doesn't change that the rule is wrong and they are trying to make it two years which is even worse. And if he does decide he wants to be a pro basketball player he almost has to go to college because it would get him ready more so than being benched over seas.

I agree that the rule is stupid. hopefully things will change by then. We all know these schools just want to profit from Lebrons legacy.

I'm afraid it will be two and done after the next lockout
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
The classifying of kids (literally, 10 year old kids) in prep sports, particularly AAU basketball, is disgusting.

That said, have you seen LBJ Jr. Play? The kid is downright nasty. He's going to be a pro basketball player.

Lol. Seriously?

How nasty can a 11 year old basketball player be
He has a highlight video

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lebron+james+jr.+highlights&&view=detail&mid=EC29C91736FE7E623A73EC29C91736FE7E623A73&FORM=VRDGAR

Kid clearly can handle the ball very well with nice body control.  And he doesn't tower over his peers so it is a much better gauge then a guy that young that is just bigger than everyone else.

Out of principle I won't really watch a highlight reel of a kid. It feels kind of wrong and weird to me. I mean if it is a kid hitting a full court short or some america's craziest video thing maybe that is different. However, I feel like watching and sharing stuff like this we are implicitly sharing the idea it is ok for these 11 year olds to be treated like this and it's not. In this case he will probably be fine no matter what because of who his dad is. However, there have been other 13 year old's offered in multiple sports and some of them never even made it to college. Stuff like that really screws up those kids for life.