Author Topic: Can the team get past the Orlando game incident?  (Read 1763 times)

Re: Can the team get past the Orlando game incident?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 08:52:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
at 3 min 5 sec

Shaq is right....  I hope Kyrie watches this

Yesterday was a nice start to what Shaq is saying

https://youtu.be/yeFeiQgO77I?t=186

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 11:54:05 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361

They won last year without Irving AND Hayward. They just have to show that they can win this year without Hayward. He's a non-entity in many games. Any decent games that they get from him will be gravy. CBS has to dispel the idea that the youngsters have that Hayward is the teacher's pet. Same rules should apply to him as to them (who have lost minutes to him): you perform, you play. And the length of the leash should be the same length for all.

I'm not sure that we can call Hayward a teacher's pet given that he's an All-Star that was the first of that original starting five in 2017 to be benched and is playing less minutes than he was previously, which is the same for everyone else. Also I don't think Brad has reduced anyone's minutes due to playing badly, he's reduced minutes to accommodate everyone and is trying to give everyone a fair opportunity. Rozier's minutes dropping has nothing to do with Hayward, it's because of Kyrie. And Brown is losing minutes to Smart, Morris as well as Hayward, as are all of them.

Back to OP, I'm pretty sure they will get over it - as long as they keep winning. If they start losing the pressure will be on again.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 12:33:00 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
No Brown, Rozier in sight and Tatum also walks by Kyrie into the bench

I just wanted to correct one thing, which is that Brown is up on the court (in his warm-up shirt) giving 5's to everyone coming in off the court.

This feels like a desperate search for drama where there isn't any.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 12:34:07 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
No Brown, Rozier in sight and Tatum also walks by Kyrie into the bench

I just wanted to correct one thing, which is that Brown is up on the court (in his warm-up shirt) giving 5's to everyone coming in off the court.

This feels like a desperate search for drama where there isn't any.

Ding...ding...ding.  We have a winner.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2019, 12:50:31 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

They won last year without Irving AND Hayward. They just have to show that they can win this year without Hayward. He's a non-entity in many games. Any decent games that they get from him will be gravy. CBS has to dispel the idea that the youngsters have that Hayward is the teacher's pet. Same rules should apply to him as to them (who have lost minutes to him): you perform, you play. And the length of the leash should be the same length for all.

I'm not sure that we can call Hayward a teacher's pet given that he's an All-Star that was the first of that original starting five in 2017 to be benched and is playing less minutes than he was previously, which is the same for everyone else. Also I don't think Brad has reduced anyone's minutes due to playing badly, he's reduced minutes to accommodate everyone and is trying to give everyone a fair opportunity. Rozier's minutes dropping has nothing to do with Hayward, it's because of Kyrie. And Brown is losing minutes to Smart, Morris as well as Hayward, as are all of them.

Back to OP, I'm pretty sure they will get over it - as long as they keep winning. If they start losing the pressure will be on again.

yeah Kyrie took Rozier minutes and Smart took some of Brown's. Hayward is getting his minutes from Ojeleye, Morris and a bit of al/baynes when we play small.

Also do note that most teams play their players more minutes in the playoffs naturally.

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 01:36:13 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
They can definitely get over it. Nothing too bad has happened.

But it's up to Kyrie to mend fences. After all, he is the one who broke them in the first place and created these divisions within his own team.

But if he continues in the right fashion and follows through on his comments from last evening, he will do exactly that. And everything will be good.
People will find every reason to blame Kyrie

Only if Brown didn't play lazy axx defense and Rozier didn't decide to suck so bad none of this will happen and now the best player who put effort on both ends night in and night out is to blame

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 01:38:36 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I think the answer is a clear yes.

After an embarrassing 0-3 road trip losing to vastly inferior teams, they came out and beat the best team in the EC last night.

Don't get me wrong, I still am p---ed that they were very unprofessional in their play and their attitude on that road trip. So much so, that I didn't watch last night and probably won't watch for another 2-3 games.

They didn't win anything, when you are contending it's champion or bust, and that's what Kyrie is talking about, our young guys didn't understand that, even now people still don't understand that and what it really takes

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2019, 01:49:46 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
We did. Everyone was locked in against Toronto. Everyone was cheering for Kyrie at the end of the game, slapping his hand, and getting hyped.

There was no sulking.

The problem is not an off-court personality issue. It's a on-court performance issue. That will get worked out eventually.