Author Topic: Anthony Davis changing agents.  (Read 5803 times)

Re: Anthony Davis changing agents.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 09:02:13 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Who are the Lakers sending to the Pels to make it worthwhile

Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and Hart.

If Davis makes it known he wants to be a Laker it's a done deal, IMO.

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2018, 09:16:52 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That's a terrible deal for NOP. They could get something better than that elsewhere easily.

Kawhi played 9 games and is way more of a 'lock' (in that he isn't really a lock, but the LA hype machine is in full-motion) for LA than AD is, and he still returned a 4 x All-Star, 2 x All-NBA guy who just turned 29, and is also arguably Toronto's greatest player.

Safe to say NOP could get more than a good wing prospect, a decent swing, a guard who is high-risk and perhaps high-reward, if he learns how to put the ball in the ring, and a solid bench guard.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2018, 10:26:48 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

That's a terrible deal for NOP. They could get something better than that elsewhere easily.

Kawhi played 9 games and is way more of a 'lock' (in that he isn't really a lock, but the LA hype machine is in full-motion) for LA than AD is, and he still returned a 4 x All-Star, 2 x All-NBA guy who just turned 29, and is also arguably Toronto's greatest player.

Safe to say NOP could get more than a good wing prospect, a decent swing, a guard who is high-risk and perhaps high-reward, if he learns how to put the ball in the ring, and a solid bench guard.
I don't know if that is a terrible deal, especially if the Lakers throw in some 1st's, but they could probably do better.  Ingram is widely regarded as at worst an all star level player and some believe he has franchise level player potential.  Kuzma and Ball are easily starter level players, and Ball probably has all star level player talent.  Hart is a quality rotational level player.  So it really depends on what how highly you rate Ingram and to a lesser extent Ball on how good that offer is.  The Lakers obviously think very highly of them as they wouldn't include 2 of the main 3 in a trade for Leonard, and I suspect much of the league feels the same way.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 02:25:40 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
What do the Celtics have to offer for AD?

Horford and SAC '19 will be in the mix definitely, but what other pieces that'll entice New Orleans? Terry Rozier? Jaylen Brown? And we can't really get AD until Kyrie signs an extension- thanks to the Rose Rule.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 03:52:33 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

I don't know if that is a terrible deal, especially if the Lakers throw in some 1st's, but they could probably do better.  Ingram is widely regarded as at worst an all star level player and some believe he has franchise level player potential.  Kuzma and Ball are easily starter level players, and Ball probably has all star level player talent.  Hart is a quality rotational level player.  So it really depends on what how highly you rate Ingram and to a lesser extent Ball on how good that offer is.  The Lakers obviously think very highly of them as they wouldn't include 2 of the main 3 in a trade for Leonard, and I suspect much of the league feels the same way.

Who in the heck things Ingram is "at worst an all star level player"? Basically the Pels would be getting a couple draft busts and late first round steal for the best player in the game. Ok I guess..

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 04:01:07 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

It's surprising that the Lakers missed the playoffs with all that talent. :o
They were young, that is their peak, not year 1 or 2 levels. 

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 04:02:22 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Who in the heck things Ingram is "at worst an all star level player"? Basically the Pels would be getting a couple draft busts and late first round steal for the best player in the game. Ok I guess..
As his peak potential, virtually everyone.  Brandon Ingram has incredible talent and showed it off for a pretty long period of time last year, so it isn't some mythical thing.

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 04:05:23 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

As his peak potential, virtually everyone.  Brandon Ingram has incredible talent and showed it off for a pretty long period of time last year, so it isn't some mythical thing.

Good god. With a PER of 13.8, a TS% of .536, BPM of -1.3, and VORP of .4? I mean this is some type of budding superstar? What on earth...

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 04:24:10 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Good god. With a PER of 13.8, a TS% of .536, BPM of -1.3, and VORP of .4? I mean this is some type of budding superstar? What on earth...
Ingram isn't a bad player, he is just over-hyped by some people

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 05:38:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

That isn’t true at all. There is absolutely no consensus that Ingram will be an All-Star wing in the future, because he is yet to put a body of work that would suggest that.

Out West there is Durant, LeBron, DeRozan, Klay, Butler, Booker, PG and Harden who are all clearly better, and are all 2-4 players. No chance Ingram breaks into that team unless he peaks at 30, when all these guys except Booker are gone. But even then, the likes of Doncic will likely be ahead of him anyway.

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2018, 07:18:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

The Lakers went 7-3 in February with Ingram averaging 18.6 ppg, 5.6 apg, 5.2 rpg (they also won their first game in March and then Ingram got hurt).  The last 5 games in January they were also above .500 at 3-2, with Ingram again playing very well.  So in a 16 game stretch when Ingram was very good the Lakers were 11-5.  He then got hurt and barely played the rest of the year.  Overall, the Lakers were 27-32 with Ingram and 8-15 without him (and as I said they closed much better in his games).  He averaged basically 16 ppg, 5 rpg, and 4 apg overall on the season and hit 39% from 3.  He was 20 years old the entire season (Brown is nearly a full year older than Ingram for a comparison). 

You are kidding yourself if you don't think Ingram has all star level talent and possibly franchise player ability. 

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2018, 07:20:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

That isn’t true at all. There is absolutely no consensus that Ingram will be an All-Star wing in the future, because he is yet to put a body of work that would suggest that.

Out West there is Durant, LeBron, DeRozan, Klay, Butler, Booker, PG and Harden who are all clearly better, and are all 2-4 players. No chance Ingram breaks into that team unless he peaks at 30, when all these guys except Booker are gone. But even then, the likes of Doncic will likely be ahead of him anyway.
All Star level player doesn't necessarily mean he will make an all star game every year.  That said, he just turned 21.  3 to 4 years from now, he is a pretty easily an all star in the west (and frankly if he wasn't on Lebron's team he would have an outside shot in the next year or so because he would have had the counting stats).

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2018, 07:35:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

All Star level player doesn't necessarily mean he will make an all star game every year.  That said, he just turned 21.  3 to 4 years from now, he is a pretty easily an all star in the west (and frankly if he wasn't on Lebron's team he would have an outside shot in the next year or so because he would have had the counting stats).
Based on what? What areas of his game do you think will develop into All-Star caliber? Because at the moment no aspect of his game is All-Star caliber

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2018, 09:02:48 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

This post implies that you think time stands still and that players don’t improve or decline.  Ingram has all star talent and he’s a baby who should be improving steadily for at least 5 years.  Some of the guys on your list will decline in the next few years.  I’d bet Ingram makes at least a few all star teams.  Just maturing and getting physically stronger will make him a borderline all star.  He has the potential to be a much more rounded player than someone like Booker.

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2018, 10:01:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ingram has all star talent and he’s a baby who should be improving steadily for at least 5 years.

Except he is playing with LBJ now.   Name one good young player who got better with LeBron dominating the ball?   Ingram can kiss the development goodbye.