Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 948694 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2009, 09:09:45 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
The Hangover. Very funny movie.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2009, 09:41:12 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
The movie I try to live by life by, Come Blow Your Horn.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2009, 10:27:09 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
London, a 2006 little-known movie with Jason Statham, Chris Evans, Jessica Biel, and some cameos from comedians like Dane Cook.

This is not a comedy though, very interesting and well-acted drama/romance with an absurd amount of swears and foul language, drugs (mainly cocaine).

Jason Statham, usually portrayed as an action only actor, with limited acting abilities completely outperforms everyone else in this movie with an absolutely amazing job

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2009, 11:40:24 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
saw the new terminator movie on dvd last night.  i enjoyed it a lot. 

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Inglourious Basterds is a good movie. The first half, is a 4 star movie. The second half is a 2 star movie (IMO), but overall still worth watching.

I also found it odd that, although fictional, the movie changed history a bit. :-\

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2009, 12:55:14 PM »

Kiorrik

Inglourious Basterds is a good movie. The first half, is a 4 star movie. The second half is a 2 star movie (IMO), but overall still worth watching.

I also found it odd that, although fictional, the movie changed history a bit. :-\

The best bit though was when Brad started speaking Spanish :') Uhrr vuhrduhr chee!

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2009, 01:33:01 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 162
  • Green 18!
Max Payne, starring... Mark Wahlberg!

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2009, 07:20:35 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Yesterday I watched 'Doubt' and 'Gone Baby Gone'. Today I saw 'Witness' (old Harrison Ford movie).
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2009, 08:06:02 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Yesterday I watched 'Doubt' and 'Gone Baby Gone'. Today I saw 'Witness' (old Harrison Ford movie).

Kelly McGillis has really went down hill.

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2009, 08:25:28 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes

Used to be so beautiful, but some people just don't age well. She's just 52. 
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2009, 08:50:18 PM »

Offline Las Vegas Asian

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 6
Took my 3 year old daughter to see Avatar in Cinemark XD. Too funny watching her arms out stretched trying to touch and catch everything. Solid storyline and the best 3D effects I've ever seen in a movie. My daughter even stayed awake despite the 2.5 hour running time. Definitely thought it was worth the $15 a ticket.   

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2009, 08:53:47 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Used to be so beautiful, but some people just don't age well. She's just 52. 

Yeah ... I saw her in something from just a few years ago, and I couldn't even recognize her ... amazing transformation. I didn't know she was lesbian, either ... not making an issue of it, I just never knew until recently.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2009, 07:16:59 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
The Way Of The Gun is one of those style movies that were floating around in the late 90's/early 2000's.

Honestly it can be seen one of two ways...in one way, it's a neat little flick with cool moments that make it indisputably worth watching.

In another way is it s clumsy sloppy nod to a type of film making Quentin Tarantino has ruled for nearly 20 years. That makes it even worse, because QT's movies are all nods to other now defunct types of films, whether its a Kurosawa western or Sonny Chiba revenge style movie Tarantino's movies are only original in the purity of the idea expressed within them.

The Way of The Gun aspires to be that, and in that regard it seems kind of forced. 

I agree with your second assessment.  Way of the Gun tried to catch on to that last wave of hip, violent crime-based movies that took after the success of Pulp Fiction, but it never really got off the launch pad.

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2009, 01:03:47 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
Watched Moon last nigh with Sam Rockwell, it's directed by the son of David Bowie and it was the first movie he has ever done yet. It was amazing to say the least, a phenomenal sci-fi movie, one of the best I've seen. Great soundtrack as well and quite a performance by Sam Rockwell, who is basically the only actor in the entire movie.

« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2009, 01:22:26 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Saw Avatar last night.  I actually didn't think it was that good.  There were definitely some incredible scenes and it was an awesome movie to look at.  But I was pretty bored for most of the movie. 

I thought it was pretty cheesy and cliche-ridden.  I didn't care much about about any of the characters (except for the cute blue girl--Zoe Saldana is absolutely beautiful).  But there were definitely multiple times where I was rolling my eyes, thinking "haven't I seen this exact scene at least one hundred different times?"

When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.