Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Bruins / Hockey / Re: 2023-24 Bruins Season
« Last post by Phantom255x on Today at 09:51:55 PM »
Well at least the Bruins won tonight. Up 2-1 in the series. Needed that  :)
Game Threads / Re: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24
« Last post by jpotter33 on Today at 09:51:32 PM »
Well s***, if the other team shoots 54% from three on high volume then you're gonna lose.  That just is what it is.

Onto the next one.

Most optimistic take. Thanks. Yeah, 23-43 is difficult to defeat, especially when you are shooting a pedestrian 12-32.   33 point differential.  The downside of the take is -- they had way too many good looks.

This is the most important point, though. It wasn't like they were hitting super contested, difficult threes. We were gift wrapping them wide open threes of the PnR because of a poor defensive gameplan and lack of adjustments.

You can't claim a fluke when you're giving them wide open threes. They're still professional basketball players on a team that is known for three point shooting.
« Last post by jambr380 on Today at 09:50:29 PM »
IT LITERALLY TOOK JOE UNTIL 30 SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME TO GO SMALL WITH NO KP OR AL. MY GOD IS HE INCOMPETENT.

I would have went small in the first quarter.  The only way the Heat can win is if they light us up from 3.  Joe's dumbass double big lineup got them going.  They made back to back 3's when Joe made that decision.  It was all downhill from there.

Pretty sure that coincided with icing Tatum after ten straight points in the first, too. Gave them the momentum that they rode the rest of the game.

That was crazy. Tatum comes out on fire, but we have to sit him after 5 minutes because that was the planned rotation and you can't deviate from the plan. How do you not just let him continue to cook out there?
the J’s might be scoring but their defensive effort tonight is pathetic. you can’t win a chip if you don’t play both sides of the court for 48 minutes. allowing someone as limited as herro to torch you at home is a joke.

I'm not sure what you're watching, but that's not on the Jays. They're getting screened off by Bam - with illegal screens no less - and it's the bigs that are playing way too far down low to contest it. That's literally what it is every single time, with the only other exceptions being when Jrue is playign his free safety defense and way too far off of his man.

It's the ridiculous defensive gameplan that is killing us - the same one that lost us the Finals in 2022. Wonder who we have to blame?  >:(

i’m watching bam feast in the lane, martin and herro shooting uncontested threes, jaquez and jovic with 25. are the J’s not guarding anyone? their defensive effort has been crap, just like the bigs who are sagging on the pnr. take off your green colored glasses; this team is who they’ve always been and the J’s aren’t stepping up on the defensive end.

and where were the J’s on offense in the second half? another disappearing act in crunch time…against the butler-less heat at home!

I mean, they both went over their season averages in points tonight. You're pointing the finger at the wrong guys, my dude.

ah, points…the ultimate arbiter of performance in the nba playoffs.
 ::)

where were they offensively in the second half? how many games have we witnessed the J’s put up big point stats but disappear in the crunch? tatum took himself out of the game mentally again (we all saw it happen), and brown was essentially nonexistent in the 2H. and they played horribly on defense. just because the bigs played poorly on D as well doesn’t have anything to do with the J’s: you want to be “the man” you have to show up in the crunch on both sides of the ball. ultimately, the J’s will be judged by wins and championships and tonight they didn’t deliver (again).

Jaylen brown is a lower level all star and Tatum is a choking dog who gets visible bad body language in tight playoff games.
Kind of a make or break season for them, if this snowballs poorly this could affect the rest of their careers negatively.
« Last post by jpotter33 on Today at 09:48:19 PM »
IT LITERALLY TOOK JOE UNTIL 30 SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME TO GO SMALL WITH NO KP OR AL. MY GOD IS HE INCOMPETENT.

I would have went small in the first quarter.  The only way the Heat can win is if they light us up from 3.  Joe's dumbass double big lineup got them going.  They made back to back 3's when Joe made that decision.  It was all downhill from there.

Pretty sure that coincided with icing Tatum after ten straight points in the first, too. Gave them the momentum that they rode the rest of the game.
This “historically good super team” just lost home court advantage in round 1 game 2 against the worst team in the playoffs without their best player.

They. Are. Frauds.

Same ole story

Let’s see how they respond in game 3. Still think they win in 5.
Joe Mazzulla: if incompetence was a person
« Last post by Moranis on Today at 09:46:11 PM »
Tatum +8 in 41 minutes

Brown -20 in 37 minutes

Pretty much sums up the last 7 years.

for gawds sake are you even watching the game.  Brown has played well.  plus minus doesnt tell the whole story so stupid
We've seen this for 7 years.  When Brown has these great shooting games, he is generally playing selfish ball and doesn't work as hard defensively.  It is years and years of the same thing. Tatum played 41 minutes and Boston outscored the Heat by 6 points.  Tatum sits on the bench and Brown has to step up and Boston gets outscored by 16 points in the 7 minutes Tatum rested.  In game 1, Brown took just 12 shots, he had 3 assists, and just 1 turnover.  He was +17 in the 34 minutes. He played much better team ball.  That is the Brown we need.  Not the Brown from tonight when he took more shots than Tatum and had nearly double the shots of the 3rd person.  Gunner mode Brown is not good for the team, even when he is hitting shots because he doesn't play team ball.  He had just 1 assist, he turned it over 3 times, and his defense wasn't very good.
the J’s might be scoring but their defensive effort tonight is pathetic. you can’t win a chip if you don’t play both sides of the court for 48 minutes. allowing someone as limited as herro to torch you at home is a joke.

I'm not sure what you're watching, but that's not on the Jays. They're getting screened off by Bam - with illegal screens no less - and it's the bigs that are playing way too far down low to contest it. That's literally what it is every single time, with the only other exceptions being when Jrue is playign his free safety defense and way too far off of his man.

It's the ridiculous defensive gameplan that is killing us - the same one that lost us the Finals in 2022. Wonder who we have to blame?  >:(

i’m watching bam feast in the lane, martin and herro shooting uncontested threes, jaquez and jovic with 25. are the J’s not guarding anyone? their defensive effort has been crap, just like the bigs who are sagging on the pnr. take off your green colored glasses; this team is who they’ve always been and the J’s aren’t stepping up on the defensive end.

and where were the J’s on offense in the second half? another disappearing act in crunch time…against the butler-less heat at home!

I mean, they both went over their season averages in points tonight. You're pointing the finger at the wrong guys, my dude.

ah, points…the ultimate arbiter of performance in the nba playoffs.
 ::)

where were they offensively in the second half? how many games have we witnessed the J’s put up big point stats but disappear in the crunch? tatum took himself out of the game mentally again (we all saw it happen), and brown was essentially nonexistent in the 2H. and they played horribly on defense. just because the bigs played poorly on D as well doesn’t have anything to do with the J’s: you want to be “the man” you have to show up in the crunch on both sides of the ball. ultimately, the J’s will be judged by wins and championships and tonight they didn’t deliver (again).
My biggest worry was that KP couldn't handle the intensity and physicality of playoff basketball, and here we are.

We have a lot of talent, but are an extremely soft team. That talent should allow us to win a series or two, but I think we all assumed that this team could at least sweep the 8-seeded team which is now missing its best player.

Yeah I feared this all season too.
I was thrilled with his season and staying healthy but never really bought into him being some super star that was going to dominate the playoffs. Pretty much knew once things tightened up and there was a series and scouting going on he would revert into the average players he’s been for years
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10