Author Topic: NBA Season 2018 - 2019  (Read 217669 times)

Re: NBA Season 2018 - 2019
« Reply #930 on: January 05, 2019, 03:27:55 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
In a 144-112 Bucks win over the Hawks, no overtime, an incredible 20 players from both teams scored 8 or more points. 17 scored 9 or more points and 15 different players scored in double figures.

Strangely, not one player scored 20 or more points

« Reply #931 on: January 06, 2019, 12:47:38 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Warriors and Kings hit a total of 41 3-pointers tonight.

Buddy Hield with 32 points and 8 of 13 from the three. Crazy.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #932 on: January 06, 2019, 01:04:32 AM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27

Can you imagine if the Pels kept him, and also Nerlens Noel (who is apparently looking pretty decent on the Thunder right now)?

The optics of the whole situation would be so much different.

« Reply #933 on: January 06, 2019, 02:32:20 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

Can you imagine if the Pels kept him, and also Nerlens Noel (who is apparently looking pretty decent on the Thunder right now)?

The optics of the whole situation would be so much different.

Pels would actually be one of the top forces in the West now. But I was actually on the "Draft Hield" wagon back in 2016.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #934 on: January 06, 2019, 04:02:32 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Interesting game between our toughest rivals this year, Toronto and Milwaukee. Seems like Raptors positional versatility prevailed and that goes in the direction I have been thinking about this whole year. Brook Lopez, Milwaukee's bigest difference from last year's team we have beaten, is fools gold. Even though his presence gives Giannis valuable extra space, and thier regular season offense flourishes with him on the floor. It looks like he won't be able to stay on the floor in games with high stakes. Having that on mind, IMO playoff basketball will ground them, and unfortunately for them and fortunately for us coach Bud doesn't have the track record of making lucid playoff adjustments.

Toronto is our biggest threat in the east.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #935 on: January 06, 2019, 04:15:23 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Interesting game between our toughest rivals this year, Toronto and Milwaukee. Seems like Raptors positional versatility prevailed and that goes in the direction I have been thinking about this whole year. Brook Lopez, Milwaukee's bigest difference from last year's team we have beaten, is fools gold. Even though his presence gives Giannis valuable extra space, and thier regular season offense flourishes with him on the floor. It looks like he won't be able to stay on the floor in games with high stakes. Having that on mind, IMO playoff basketball will ground them, and unfortunately for them and fortunately for us coach Bud doesn't have the track record of making lucid playoff adjustments.

Never took Milwaukee as serious threat as many do on here.

They lost at home to Toronto sans Lowry and JV. Of course just one game, but you know they were up for it. It does say something about them. I’m just not sure how far one-man shows (sure they have some good pieces but Middleton isn’t a second star) can go anymore.

They seem much easier to gameplan for in a series than Toronto.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #936 on: January 06, 2019, 05:52:03 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

They lost at home to Toronto sans Lowry and JV. Of course just one game, but you know they were up for it. It does say something about them. I’m just not sure how far one-man shows (sure they have some good pieces but Middleton isn’t a second star) can go anymore.

I agree. Also IMO Toronto doesn't need JV at all. We have Baynes for him if needed, which I don't believe we will. And Vleet is not much of a drop-off behind Lowry, whose game usually slips after initial couple of months of the season. He is hungrier and more durable.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 07:10:26 AM by Androslav »

« Reply #937 on: January 06, 2019, 08:53:16 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
The Rockets play the ugliest brand of basketball imaginable.

It's like watching a game of horse.

It really is terrible. All it is is iso three after iso three.

...and a ton of free throws...

yup watching Rockets basketball is brutal ,  i usually turn off ,  the announcer s are THE worst creeps of all,time. 

« Reply #938 on: January 06, 2019, 09:33:19 AM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14

I agree. Also IMO Toronto doesn't need JV at all. We have Baynes for him if needed, which I don't believe we will. And Vleet is not much of a drop-off behind Lowry, whose game usually slips after initial couple of months of the season. He is hungrier and more durable.

I think Kawhi takes Toronto to the finals having the best player in the playoffs is huge and make no mistake Kawhi Leonard is the BEST player in the East, if he adds playing making to his game he's the best player in the world probably.

« Reply #939 on: January 06, 2019, 10:20:19 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff

I think Kawhi takes Toronto to the finals having the best player in the playoffs is huge and make no mistake Kawhi Leonard is the BEST player in the East, if he adds playing making to his game he's the best player in the world probably.
Best player probably.
Finals, nah.
We will be in the finals when all is said and done.

« Reply #940 on: January 06, 2019, 10:58:45 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The thing about the Raps is there only have one player to worry about in crunch time.

I'm skeptical that they can go all the way to the Finals that way.  Leonard is much harder to defend than DeRozan, but their problem is still that Lowry is not a major threar to score in crunch time.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #941 on: January 06, 2019, 05:22:50 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Lakers look lost without Lebron and Rondo.

« Reply #942 on: January 06, 2019, 05:29:56 PM »

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
The thing about the Raps is there only have one player to worry about in crunch time.

I'm skeptical that they can go all the way to the Finals that way.  Leonard is much harder to defend than DeRozan, but their problem is still that Lowry is not a major threar to score in crunch time.

I believe in proven Champions, Kawhi is a champion he was leading San Antonio to a game 1 victory against the Warriors last time we saw him in the post season and let's be real the East doesn't have any Champions except maybe Kyrie but like I don't count that because Kyrie has never been the best player on the team and led them to the finals.

Kawhi could win MVP and defensive player of the year this year if he continues that's greatness right there.

The only thing I wasn't sure of is what version of Kawhi Toronto was getting, but now we know they got the superstar finals MVP NBA champion defensive player of the year all NBA first team player they wanted.

Danny Green also hits big shots in the playoffs really an amazing trade for Toronto.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 05:55:38 PM by Briantir »

« Reply #943 on: January 06, 2019, 06:33:02 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Another L for the lakers... now in the 8th spot and lebron still out for a couple more games.

« Reply #944 on: January 06, 2019, 07:27:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Looking forward to Pacer-Raptor game. Should be telling.