Author Topic: Tatum efficiency by location  (Read 3475 times)

Re: Tatum efficiency by location
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 02:44:01 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
1st post = last post
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 03:35:41 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
1st post = last post

What is that website???
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2020, 04:20:01 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Sells merch.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2020, 07:10:41 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
I agree with the general idea that Tatum really needs to improve around the rim. How often does he blow simple lay-ups ? Feel like he always has at least one a game  :P

This being said, one thing that I feel, beyond the stats, is that I'm confident when he has the ball in his hands during crunch time. He has proven that he can make big shots, even if he had a poor shooting night.

To me, instead of a 50pts performance, his biggest improvement would be to no longer have nights where he goes 12 points on 3/18 shooting. Go to the line, drive to the basket... But find the way. Also, I think it's still a bit underrated how much he brings on the defensive end, compared to players who score even or more points.

(Nice caps)

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2020, 09:51:44 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I agree with the general idea that Tatum really needs to improve around the rim. How often does he blow simple lay-ups ? Feel like he always has at least one a game  :P

This being said, one thing that I feel, beyond the stats, is that I'm confident when he has the ball in his hands during crunch time. He has proven that he can make big shots, even if he had a poor shooting night.

To me, instead of a 50pts performance, his biggest improvement would be to no longer have nights where he goes 12 points on 3/18 shooting. Go to the line, drive to the basket... But find the way. Also, I think it's still a bit underrated how much he brings on the defensive end, compared to players who score even or more points.

(Nice caps)
Depends on how you define crunch time - I'd be terrified if we were relying on him in the last 5ish minutes of a game to consistently generate us easy looks in the half court, but I'd be confident if we go for a Tatum isolation with 10 seconds left in the game to get a bucket.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2020, 12:43:23 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48

(Nice caps)
Depends on how you define crunch time - I'd be terrified if we were relying on him in the last 5ish minutes of a game to consistently generate us easy looks in the half court, but I'd be confident if we go for a Tatum isolation with 10 seconds left in the game to get a bucket.

Yes, this was more about Iso and shooting in a general way. I don't think he is quite there yet in terms of creation, as he's showed during game 4 (These offensive fouls with the push are still painful to watch :D )

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2020, 03:21:09 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I'm surprised it doesn't show in the chart, but he just doesn't have any ability to finish left handed at all.
He's actually improved by learning more clever right handed shotmaking going left, but players are going to catch up on that one. That seems like something he could fix in one offseason.