24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 148193 times)

Re: The Kyrie Irving complaint and free agency thread
« Reply #1050 on: May 28, 2019, 06:21:17 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Also despite the up and down season Tatum had a great rookie year with Irving this year he changed his shot selection and struggled. Brown said he struggled with the bench role to start, that's on Brown. Horford has his best C's years with Irving. Smart's best year is starting next to Irving. Morris' best role is outlet scorer from Irving passes. This team is better with Irving. He had a bad series and most of the year guys had their own struggles. Like Smart said to put it all on Irving is ..

Agreed. I keep hearing Kyrie holds his teammates back but Smart had the best season of his career in the starting lineup with him. Morris had by far the most efficient season of his career in the starting lineup with Kyrie. The difference is that those guys understood and were willing to play the roles the team needed them to play.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Re: Rumor: Kobe Bryant recruiting Kyrie Irving to join Lakers
« Reply #1051 on: May 28, 2019, 06:28:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I picture this recruitment going as well as the Lakers recruitment of Lamarcus Aldridge.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1052 on: May 28, 2019, 06:28:44 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
James and Irving..probably be 6th in West
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1053 on: May 28, 2019, 06:31:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Kyrie heading to the Nets?

Not sure how true this is but a reporter by the name of Ric Bucher is reporting that Kyrie has bought a home in (15-20 min from the Nets practice facility).

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-05-28-ric-bucher-says-the-lakers-nets-are-the-favorites-to-land-kyrie-irving/

"Ric says that Irving has purchased a new home in South Orange, NJ, which is only about 15 miles west of New York City. Coincidence for the Jersey native? Bucher doesn’t think so. Ric also reports that Kobe Bryant is heavily recruiting Kyrie to Los Angeles."

Weird, that a multi-millionaire from New Jersey would buy a house in New Jersey.  Especially when his family lives in West Orange.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1054 on: May 28, 2019, 07:05:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
feels like this should be merged with the complaint and free agency thread given not a valid source and no real news?

« Reply #1055 on: May 28, 2019, 07:07:53 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Lets reunite now that you are a few years old with a lesser supporting cast then before. I am sure we can maybe win one game vs the Warriors assuming we can even make the playoffs. Let me tie myself back to you and let the world know I will never be a leader or winner on my own. Let me be proud of my beta role and deal with the circus again with an older Lebron. Let me become a part of a pawn in Lakers management and hope they refigure out how to run an organization. Yes, this is what I Kyrie want to do.....

I dont buy he is even considering that place and rejoining his former alpha. Zero chance. It would more likely if Lebron was not there but he is and he is not going down that road again.

Just because someone makes up with their ex does not mean they want to climb back in their bed.

« Reply #1056 on: May 28, 2019, 07:10:11 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Idc what he does at this point, I’ve been mentally prepared for this.  I’m just crossing my fingers Danny can somehow pull off,

Holiday
Smart
Brown
Davis
Horford

Idc about anyone or anything else, that’s the lineup I’ve settled on and I want it!!!

« Reply #1057 on: May 28, 2019, 07:17:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Lets reunite now that you are a few years old with a lesser supporting cast then before. I am sure we can maybe win one game vs the Warriors assuming we can even make the playoffs. Let me tie myself back to you and let the world know I will never be a leader or winner on my own. Let me be proud of my beta role and deal with the circus again with an older Lebron. Let me become a part of a pawn in Lakers management and hope they refigure out how to run an organization. Yes, this is what I Kyrie want to do.....

I dont buy he is even considering that place and rejoining his former alpha. Zero chance. It would more likely if Lebron was not there but he is and he is not going down that road again.

Just because someone makes up with their ex does not mean they want to climb back in their bed.

Yep a few of us have pointed this out. its a good analogy.

« Reply #1058 on: May 28, 2019, 07:18:30 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

Not sure how true this is but a reporter by the name of Ric Bucher is reporting that Kyrie has bought a home in (15-20 min from the Nets practice facility).

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-05-28-ric-bucher-says-the-lakers-nets-are-the-favorites-to-land-kyrie-irving/

"Ric says that Irving has purchased a new home in South Orange, NJ, which is only about 15 miles west of New York City. Coincidence for the Jersey native? Bucher doesn’t think so. Ric also reports that Kobe Bryant is heavily recruiting Kyrie to Los Angeles."

Weird, that a multi-millionaire from New Jersey would buy a house in New Jersey.  Especially when his family lives in West Orange.

Not saying I believe it means anything but of course it timing with free agency is going to raise a few eyebrows.

« Reply #1059 on: May 28, 2019, 07:21:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Not saying I believe it means anything but of course it timing with free agency is going to raise a few eyebrows.

Yes, because everything gets blow out of proportion. Essentially, the story is “Kyrie moves into a better neighborhood ten miles from his current house”, which doesn’t tell us a lot.

« Reply #1060 on: May 28, 2019, 07:56:12 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
LOL go to the Lakers if he wants to

Love Kobe but neither HE nor Magic are walking through those doors to drag LeBron to the finish line again..............

BKN made the playoffs this year but it's no guarantee they'll be back there next year....

TP To Greenfaith

That is, without question the best train wreck I've ever seen.

To tie it into the discussion, I think it looks like a Knicks train wreck....but, what do I know.

« Reply #1061 on: May 28, 2019, 08:00:57 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
I heard this guy talk about it in the radio

He said "its only between Brooklyn and Lakers now"

Does anybody actually believe that? Sounded like fabricated radio show fodder for views

I'm not doubting kobe has recruited kyrie but its not "just" between the Lakers and nets

That's probably Ric Bucher speaking on Colin Cowherd's show. I don't put much stock in either person's credibility to be honest.

Personally I've just tuned everything out. It's going to be nonstop speculation till he decides. He'll decide when he's good and ready, on his timetable. If he stays I will be very pleased, at least in that we keep him as a asset. If he leaves I'm ready for that too. Been watching this team since the mid-80s I've seen many guys come and go. The team always endures.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1062 on: May 28, 2019, 08:29:35 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Idc what he does at this point, I’ve been mentally prepared for this.  I’m just crossing my fingers Danny can somehow pull off,

Holiday
Smart
Brown
Davis
Horford

Idc about anyone or anything else, that’s the lineup I’ve settled on and I want it!!!
Presumably this would mean Irving walks and you somehow get Holiday and Davis for Jayson Tatum, a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ton of draftpicks and possibly Gordon Hayward?

unlikely.

If you want Holiday and Davis, you are definitely selling both Jays and probably Smart too as far as I can tell.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #1063 on: May 28, 2019, 08:57:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Also despite the up and down season Tatum had a great rookie year with Irving this year he changed his shot selection and struggled. Brown said he struggled with the bench role to start, that's on Brown. Horford has his best C's years with Irving. Smart's best year is starting next to Irving. Morris' best role is outlet scorer from Irving passes. This team is better with Irving. He had a bad series and most of the year guys had their own struggles. Like Smart said to put it all on Irving is ..

Agreed. I keep hearing Kyrie holds his teammates back but Smart had the best season of his career in the starting lineup with him. Morris had by far the most efficient season of his career in the starting lineup with Kyrie. The difference is that those guys understood and were willing to play the roles the team needed them to play.

disagree

thats those guys upper ceiling

Tatum and Brown look like, stand in the corner and wait guys?

That is talent down the drain, if you want to utilize these players this way

« Reply #1064 on: May 28, 2019, 09:12:03 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC

kyrie would be foolish to get into that mess.