Author Topic: Magic (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game 1 5/4  (Read 134986 times)

Re: Magic (0-0) at Celtics (0-0) Game 1 5/4
« Reply #780 on: May 04, 2009, 10:50:22 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
also when was the last time you saw an 8 second violation?  The Magic already had the spread covered, so that couldn't have been it...

Wade in the Heats last game
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #781 on: May 04, 2009, 10:53:35 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Ray will bounce back in Game 2.  I'm not as sure about Rondo.  There's something wrong with his head right now.

Can somebody please fix his head??? What happened to it? He goes from superstar-in-the-making to liability :(

I wonder if he needs a sports psychologist - believe it or not, a lot of people have fears of success latently, and when things go really well for them they begin to sabotage themselves...
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #782 on: May 04, 2009, 10:54:02 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
The Celtics got back in the game but really Orlando tried to give it away with bad shot selection, lazy ball movement, and turnovers. Rondo tried to do too much himself and shut his teammates, notably Ray Allen out of the flow. Pierce is playing hurt, there seems to be no lift when he drives. Our play improved in the 2nd half but I don't feel really good about the way we played tonight. We have to play 48 minutes a game from now on.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #783 on: May 04, 2009, 10:54:37 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
What did we learn tonight?  Not much unfortunately.  The C's didn't show up till midway through the 3Q.  Orlando totally lost focus and was lucky...very lucky actually...to survive.

Howard is going to be a serious problem, but we knew that.  Scal looks like he's going to be a key factor.

Other than that, inconclusive....except they've dug themselves a hole and now absolutely have to win Game 2.

This Rondo showing up late for the game thing bothers me though....because he wasn't ready to play...though he wasn't the only one.  I expected the C's to come out flat...but tonight was a terrific opportunity to steal a game and they couldn't take advantage.

we learned if we play like we did in the second half, we'll be able to handle this team

There have been at least two games against Orlando when we've been taught the same lesson.  Unfortunately, I guess it didn't sink in.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #784 on: May 04, 2009, 10:58:45 PM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76
Ray will bounce back in Game 2.  I'm not as sure about Rondo.  There's something wrong with his head right now.

Can somebody please fix his head??? What happened to it? He goes from superstar-in-the-making to liability :(

I wonder if he needs a sports psychologist - believe it or not, a lot of people have fears of success latently, and when things go really well for them they begin to sabotage themselves...

It's like he has PTSD following the brad miller incident. It's disheartening.

« Reply #785 on: May 04, 2009, 10:59:33 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
What did we learn tonight?  Not much unfortunately.  The C's didn't show up till midway through the 3Q.  Orlando totally lost focus and was lucky...very lucky actually...to survive.

Howard is going to be a serious problem, but we knew that.  Scal looks like he's going to be a key factor.

Other than that, inconclusive....except they've dug themselves a hole and now absolutely have to win Game 2.

This Rondo showing up late for the game thing bothers me though....because he wasn't ready to play...though he wasn't the only one.  I expected the C's to come out flat...but tonight was a terrific opportunity to steal a game and they couldn't take advantage.

we learned if we play like we did in the second half, we'll be able to handle this team

There have been at least two games against Orlando when we've been taught the same lesson.  Unfortunately, I guess it didn't sink in.

The Magic played horrible in the 2nd half, just like we did at the 1st!! I don't think they'll ever miss so many open shots again... Hopefully, we won't be in such an offensively horrible night again, too... this game meant nothing more than a lost home court advantage... :-\
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #786 on: May 04, 2009, 11:00:20 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

It's like he has PTSD following the brad miller incident. It's disheartening.

If I don't start a thread on this tomorrow, someone else do, its a great topic for us to discuss and on a much different wavelength than we usually go - but I'm off to bed for now
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #787 on: May 04, 2009, 11:07:05 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590

Correct again Roy. Im tired of seeing this lazy style of play in the first half of games. I dont want to hear tired bs either. Some of our guys are a little older, but this is what they  do for a living. This is what they train for and if they are getting tired then they lost their mental edge. Ou stay in shape and prepare for battles and adversity. I think thats too much of an excuse given to this team. THey just dont play smart ball for long stretches of games, they dont consitently challenge every shot, but rather watch the ball go over their heads(Brad Miller for three???). Bottom line is, they either want to go far or they dont, what changed in the second half? They turned it up a notch. No reason that you cannont play hard and smart for a whole game. It was a year ago thay they played this way. They have become the norm instead of the exception for hustle. I know KG means a lot to this team, but he should not determin how intense we play on d. we play hustle d and we win and can be contend with anyone. But like game one against the bulls they come out flat with no drive. Like Roy said, they have learned this lesson prior to this game, they shouldn't need a refresher. >:( >:( >:(
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #788 on: May 04, 2009, 11:14:08 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
When our point guard is pushing the basketball and defending, we're pretty tough to beat.

When he isn't, we're not very good.

Someone better get in his head, and dial up the effort, the intelligence and the focus.

Or this is going to be a painful series to watch.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #789 on: May 04, 2009, 11:18:25 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
this was the same game as the orlando game back in march in boston...down big...ray has a chance to tie or get it to one and it goes in and out...orlando just has our number right now

« Reply #790 on: May 05, 2009, 12:52:28 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Relax, people.
I still say Celtics go through.
Now we just may need seven games.

« Reply #791 on: May 05, 2009, 02:46:21 AM »

Offline DanMan08

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
also when was the last time you saw an 8 second violation?  The Magic already had the spread covered, so that couldn't have been it...

Wade in the Heats last game

That was a clock error though in the heat game, they started the shot clock at 22.

« Reply #792 on: May 05, 2009, 10:36:50 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Well, I've seen excerpts of the game (the first two quarters and the last one) and I'm disappointed by the Celtics. They played with no energy in the first half, the bench was the only one to produce (wow, Marbury! :o). Ray seemed confused, I had the impression that he wanted to dominate Redick because he knew this matchup was good for his team but he didn't and had a poor shooting night, exactly like in game 1 against Chicago, he'll bounce back.

Rondo made some great plays and some dumb plays... unfortunately the dumb plays prevail in his game since this Hinrich story, and the kid seems distracted, I hope he'll fix it.

I'm surprised that this game went exactly like the two previous against the Magic but now our guys have to start game 2 with a lot of energy and tie the series because it could soon become out of reach.