Author Topic: Mavericks (24-21) at Celtics (23-24) Game #48 3/31/21  (Read 37185 times)

Re: Mavericks (24-21) at Celtics (23-24) Game #48 3/31/21
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2021, 05:24:41 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
If Jaylen and Romeo can suit up we may be as close to full strength as we’ve been all season
Romeo out again for conditioning after health and safety protocols.

In most years, I feel that the point of being conservative when managing injuries is to maximize health for the postseason.  When a team is one game under .500 more than halfway into the season, the postseason has already begun.  I wonder if this is Romeo's or Brad's decision.  If Romeo, I wonder if he actually plans to suit up this year.  If Brad, he is going to need to start thinking about changing his approach to injuries.  It's about time we get our full lineup working together for a stretch of games.  I know I am just ranting, but this is getting overly ridiculous.

Out for “conditioning” Lol... Dudes 21 years old and can’t play 10 mins in a game? This is so bizarre.

Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2021, 05:37:57 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
If Jaylen and Romeo can suit up we may be as close to full strength as we’ve been all season

In most years, I feel that the point of being conservative when managing injuries is to maximize health for the postseason.  When a team is one game under .500 more than halfway into the season, the postseason has already begun.  I wonder if this is Romeo's or Brad's decision.  If Romeo, I wonder if he actually plans to suit up this year.  If Brad, he is going to need to start thinking about changing his approach to injuries.  It's about time we get our full lineup working together for a stretch of games.  I know I am just ranting, but this is getting overly ridiculous.

Out for “conditioning” Lol... Dudes 21 years old and can’t play 10 mins in a game? This is so bizarre.
He is more Hayward than Hayward. ???

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2021, 05:43:17 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

Maybe it’s for the best. Let him play Friday against the Rockets. This is going to be a tough game tonight and brad needs to limit the amount of guys in the rotation.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2021, 05:47:30 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
The only matchup I'm worried about tonight is...Godzilla vs Kong. After I watch that, I'm hoping to see the end of this game and a Celtics win.

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2021, 05:47:58 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

at age 21 up @ 4:30am to make formation for PT would end day when clubs closed at 1am to still make morning PT formation (rinse and repeat). This is why the Army invented Sundays.

I waited my whole life to use a "back in my day"!!!! SCORE!!!!111!!!!!

ok fine

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2021, 05:48:42 PM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

Maybe it’s for the best. Let him play Friday against the Rockets. This is going to be a tough game tonight and brad needs to limit the amount of guys in the rotation.
Playing the Rockets is a terrible game for us.  Either we win the game and it proves nothing about the trajectory of this team, or we lose and Celtic nation hits the panic button.  I'd rather see what these guys can do against decent teams.  Langford needs to be thrown into the fire, IMO.

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2021, 05:56:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Nice.

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2021, 06:01:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

guys there's this thing called COVID, you may have heard of it .....
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2021, 06:14:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!

guys there's this thing called COVID, you may have heard of it .....

*Wakes up from coma*

"What's COVID??"

:laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2021, 06:56:42 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Ugh.

Chris Forsberg
@ChrisForsberg_
·
1m
Celtics say Robert Williams is out vs. Mavs due to a non-covid illness

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2021, 07:06:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Ugh.

Chris Forsberg
@ChrisForsberg_
·
1m

Bummer. Kornet time? This team just can't get healthy.

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2021, 07:14:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Ugh.

Chris Forsberg
@ChrisForsberg_
·
1m
Just when you think things might be trending up.

Hopefully similar to JT and just ate something funky
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2021, 07:18:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The Mavs are a really big team. Are we going to see Boban vs Tacko tonight?

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2021, 07:20:01 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The Mavs are a really big team. Are we going to see Boban vs Tacko tonight?
Someone in this thread mentioned Kong vs Godzilla. Maybe they'll tune in and catch the sequel ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2021, 07:20:22 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Simple math...

Mo + Kornet = big team