Author Topic: Celtics (38-9) at Pistons (25-19) 1/30  (Read 51109 times)

Re: Celtics (38-9) at Pistons (25-19) 1/30
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2009, 08:27:13 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
I'd like to see Rondo take better control in the third.  I missed the first quarter, but Rondo never seem to get the team into rhythm after the second unit "experiment."  Perhaps as Doc told the team, they weren't being patient enough and willing to look for the second and third options.

Detroit's playing hard.  We need to respond and exceed their effort. 

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2009, 08:29:31 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Cavs are still losing to the Clips...don't expect it to hold up but this could be a good night for us if we put it together in the 3rd.  And I agree that our spacing is a lot worse without Pruitt in there.

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2009, 08:31:58 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
we need scal...

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2009, 08:32:17 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Cavs are still losing to the Clips...don't expect it to hold up but this could be a good night for us if we put it together in the 3rd.  And I agree that our spacing is a lot worse without Pruitt in there.

Ya know when doc was talking about seeing signs in the celtics that the slump was coming, before the slump? Ive been seeing that in cleveland, hopefully it catches up to them
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2009, 08:33:45 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
What happened to Pruitt? TA's one good game at home against the Kings bumped him out of the rotation?

That, and Pruitt's general mediocrity of late.

I agree Pruitt hasn't been setting the world on fire since he got regular playing time but I thought his presence helped out the second unit by giving them a PG.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2009, 08:34:23 PM »

• Don Chaney
I think the celtics were a little caught off guard from the effort that detroit came out with in the 2nd quarter out of nowhere..it was the most enthusiastic the pistons have been all year...and would mike/donny stop talking about it being weird eddie house isnt on fire still? we put him at point guard, what the hell do you expect? hellooo
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2009, 08:34:42 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff

Ya know when doc was talking about seeing signs in the celtics that the slump was coming, before the slump? Ive been seeing that in cleveland, hopefully it catches up to them

What were those signs (besides the injuries to Z and West)?  I was concerned about the C's, but the signs that concerned me is that we were "finding ways to win" at the end of the streak instead of simply playing C's ball and dominating.

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2009, 08:35:18 PM »

Offline USG

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 161
Refs are starting to bug me.

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2009, 08:35:42 PM »

• Don Chaney
WOW...what a late call...hmmm these refs gonna start this crap, was it even a foul? certainly not a shootign foul...? and this PA announcer has never been more annoying than when he announces stuckey

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2009, 08:36:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'd like to see Rondo take better control in the third.  I missed the first quarter, but Rondo never seem to get the team into rhythm after the second unit "experiment."  Perhaps as Doc told the team, they weren't being patient enough and willing to look for the second and third options.

Rondo was unreal and the reason the Celtics ran out to a big lead in the first quarter but he couldn't get the team back in rhythm and with some momentum once Detroit got some confidence and started to play defense accordingly.

Rondo was not the prob in that second quarter it was the House/TAllen backcourt that stunk up the place.

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2009, 08:37:11 PM »

• Don Chaney

What were those signs (besides the injuries to Z and West)?  I was concerned about the C's, but the signs that concerned me is that we were "finding ways to win" at the end of the streak instead of simply playing C's ball and dominating.

The cavs have let to really bad teams score over 50 in the first half there last 2 home games, and could barely score in the 2nd half last night, they look tired and there defense seems to be slipping

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2009, 08:39:15 PM »

Offline USG

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 161
Rondo is NOT looking to score right now. He had an absolutely open route to the basket with I think it was McDyess with his back turned walking away from the basket.

Still need to get Garnett in the post some.

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2009, 08:40:52 PM »

• Don Chaney
Alright...good start to the 3rd...doc better not go back to that 2nd unit lineup he had in the 1st half..or im predicting a loss

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2009, 08:41:02 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff

Rondo was unreal and the reason the Celtics ran out to a big lead in the first quarter but he couldn't get the team back in rhythm and with some momentum once Detroit got some confidence and started to play defense accordingly.

Rondo was not the prob in that second quarter it was the House/TAllen backcourt that stunk up the place.

Thanks, and thanks to you too Tattered!

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2009, 08:41:48 PM »

• Don Chaney
Rondo is NOT looking to score right now. He had an absolutely open route to the basket with I think it was McDyess with his back turned walking away from the basket.

Still need to get Garnett in the post some.

Yeah, I saw that, he had a clear lane to the hoop, instead he lobbed it to a double teamed pierce at the ft line...odd