Author Topic: Hayward Is NOT Getting Traded  (Read 7752 times)

Re: Hayward Is NOT Getting Traded
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2018, 03:06:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I trust Zach Lowe's reporting on the C's especially.

He said that if one of our max contracts, Kyrie/Hayward/Horford, is needed to match salary for a trade it would be Hayward who would go.

I think the "magic number" in a S&T for Lebron if he opts-in is 29.3M (for matching salaries). Kyrie, Morris, #27 and Yabusele gets there I think (and we throw in a future non-Kings Pick). If it doesn't, then add Nader and it very much should. Or The Ringer outlined a three team trade involving the Knicks that could make it work with us giving up Kyrie. 

I feel bad about even suggesting we trade Kyrie away, but the risk is there he bolts in a year and if we absolutely had to make some kind of move like this, I'd rather ship out Irving.
Don't forget the 2nd round pick we'd have to throw in when the Cavs "realize" that Kyrie's knee has been hurt and he might not play all 82 games next year.  :o . (I'm still bitter about that BS the Cavs pulled)

Yeah same. I think they traded it away in one of the trades at the deadline.

That said, it was pure BS. And you hear Gilbert the other day, "We are where we are BECAUSE of the Kyrie trade" LOL yeah... b/c down 3-0 in the Finals with the way Clarkson, Hill, Hood and Nance have been playing is exactly where they want to be. Idiots... They are so lucky Kyrie was injured for the C's. 

Hood was great Game 3 but that's the only contribution he's made basically these entire playoffs. Then Hill misses a potential game-winning FT in Game 1. Ball don't lie Gilbert!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2018, 04:11:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He said that if one of our max contracts, Kyrie/Hayward/Horford, is needed to match salary for a trade it would be Hayward who would go.

That may have changed with I want to play in NYC crap.  Which I think a lot of this crap is coming out of CLE to sabotage the team.   Think about it LeBron lets it out there that he would entertain playing here with a guy who left to escape his shadow and now CLE Guys are saying Kyrie wants to play in NYC.  I guess they have gave up on the finals and are trying to kill it for us next year?

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2018, 05:54:34 PM »

Offline Th3M2n

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
Zip, ZERO, NADA chance we trade Hayward.  NONE.

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2018, 11:31:22 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
I trust Zach Lowe's reporting on the C's especially.

This is wrong.

You trade Hayward you trade Brad Stevens too.

Those two are now linked at the hips sharing all their internal organs.

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2018, 11:39:09 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Uh... Granton Hillward is a white guy who averaged 2 points last season and is coming off a career ending injury.  Are we really bellyaching about the idea of trading him for rich man’s Michael Jordan? 

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2018, 11:44:37 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Better not be.

As much as I love LeBron James I fear he'd be too high maintenance for BOS.

I'd rather stay the course and roll with our current Big Three.

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2018, 11:56:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
hate it for him , but ys never know

« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2018, 11:58:00 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Uh... Granton Hillward is a white guy who averaged 2 points last season and is coming off a career ending injury.  Are we really bellyaching about the idea of trading him for rich man’s Michael Jordan?

I know your entire post is a joke, but that white guy comment is exactly why so many underrate Hayward. That reverse racism is so apparent.

You would be absolutely salivating if the Sixers had player that looked like Jae Crowder, was 27, and in 16-17 averaged 21.9 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 3.5 APG, on shooting splits of 47.1, 84.4, and 39.8. A player that absolutely dominated and eliminated a Clippers team that that still had Blake and CP3 with averages of 23.7 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 2.9 APG and splits of 46.9, 95.6, and 44.7. A player that still averaged 24.8 PPG in the Jazz' second round series vs the Warriors, a team that's sole objective was to stop Hayward.

But, yeah, he's white and he signed with us, not the Sixers, so he sucks. At least your consistent with your bias.

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2018, 12:47:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

What the hell did I just read...   :o  ::)

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2018, 12:52:44 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
GH may be white but I hope and pray he plays his Funky Music in BOS for the next 10 years..

Dude is talented and athletic. Can't wait to see Danny's Chemistry experiment blow up in the NBA next season.

60 wins for our team with Kyrie, GH and Big Al healthy for most of the season.

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2018, 01:17:20 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I have never been impressed with Hayward especially on defense. If he gets traded for someone better, so be it.

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2018, 01:20:32 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

That may have changed with I want to play in NYC crap.  Which I think a lot of this crap is coming out of CLE to sabotage the team.   Think about it LeBron lets it out there that he would entertain playing here with a guy who left to escape his shadow and now CLE Guys are saying Kyrie wants to play in NYC.  I guess they have gave up on the finals and are trying to kill it for us next year?

Sounds about right.

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2018, 12:19:11 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I have never been impressed with Hayward especially on defense. If he gets traded for someone better, so be it.

He averaged 24/6/4 in the playoffs last year (27/7/6 if you remove the one game where he left after just 9 minutes due to food poisoning) and did really well in the Warriors series (Utah's only real bright spot that series).

He's also regarded as our best and most consistent two-way player on the team. (Key Word: Consistent - Tatum and Brown have looked like studs at times but consistency is still something they'll figure out the next 2-3 years)

Guy was an all-star in a LOADED West and statistically was better than Paul George.

None of that impressed you about him??  ???

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2018, 12:30:07 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Don't know how good defense isn't impressive
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2018, 12:49:55 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

What the hell did I just read...   :o  ::)

Lol ;D.