Author Topic: Miami wants Jamison doesn't this make sense.  (Read 1480 times)

Miami wants Jamison doesn't this make sense.
« on: February 15, 2010, 11:15:43 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Minimal playing with the trade machine yielded this trade.

Jamison to the Heat for

Udonis Haslem and James Jones

Miami would be gambling taking on Jamison's contract that they could resign Wade but it upgrades their frontline immediately.

If cap relief is The Wiz's only aim they get that in this trade. Udonis 7million is expiring and I'm pretty sure the next 3 years of Jones 4.4 million is a team option so they could lose his salary too giving them 11.5 million off their cap.

Re: Miami wants Jamison doesn't this make sense.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 11:54:10 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I dont know if i like that for Miami... I strongly feel that Udonis is their second best player. He is the perfect 6th man energy big that any team would want... How about this deal instead.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

We get to keep Ray, add a great big off the bench and a PG...We could then try to package Ray and Baby if needed for someone else or just keep the lineup we have.

Rondo/Arroyo
Ray/House
Pierce/Daniels
KG/Haslem/Baby
Perk/Sheed

This bench gives us a better shot at the banner. Haslem is a great great role, energy, and locker room guy. He can take away the big baby headaches. Miami nets Jamison. Washington gets much needed cap space, maybe a couple picks as well from Miami.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
I dont know if i like that for Miami... I strongly feel that Udonis is their second best player. He is the perfect 6th man energy big that any team would want...

do you think d. wade agrees with your assessment?  they will do whatever he wants, because if they lose him that franchise is sunk.  jamison is a step in helping secure wade's services in the future.  sure, it might not make sense to us, but wade feels like he gets a star player next to him and the ordinary fan (who might not understand the game) will decide to buy a ticket now...

the only deal that makes sense for miami is one that KEEPS haslem on the roster.  he is vital to their success...  wish we had him.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 12:38:43 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Miami value their cap space to highly to whittle it away on an aging borderline star like Jamison.