Author Topic: Suns + Philly want 3rd team involved? C's should get in on this( Rumor / Idea)  (Read 4292 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
UPDATE

http://www.libertyballers.com/

By Chad Ford

particular, the Suns are still holding out hope tha Philadelphia will come to the table and agree to a dea sending Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert to Phoenix. The Suns have sweetened their offer to the 76ers by including Leandro Barbosa in a package with Stoudemire. Also possible is a three-way trade that would send Hickson and Barbosa (along with Ilgauskas) to Philly Stoudemire to Cleveland and Iguodala and Dalembert to Phoenix Expect the Suns to turn up the heat significantly on the

I think we could easily replace Cleveland in that 3 way by adding Perk. Peerk is a much better fit than Hickson because they already have a ton of mins and money tied up at the PF position with Brand and Young. Plus is still think Young has more upside than Hickson. Perk would give Philly their Center of the future and has the perfect personality for Philly.

I bet that Philly would even buy out Ray , it would be pointless to keep him!

Bos sends : Ray , Perk +  1st rd
Boston gets: Stoudamire + Ray comes back after being bought out

Suns send : Amare + Barbosa
Suns get.  : Iggy + Dalembert

Philly send: Iggy + Dalembert
Philly gets. : Ray ( gets bought out )Perk. , Barbosa + 1st rd pick

Why For Boston

I do Perk+ Ray + 1st  for Stoudamire + bought out Ray in a heartbeat Perk would be a loss, but we need to get a young PF in here. KG is going to be completely done soon. Plus we could likely get a guy like kurt thomas with our expirings ( scal, Ta) and a 2nd rd pick. I know Kurt Thomas and Wallace are very old , but the one thing they can still do is play very good post defense

makes us so much more athletic with Stoudamire we would be able to have a real fast break attach . Stoudamire would get so many easy alley oops from Rondo Then you could have PP _ Ray Sspotting up from 3 and KG from 18 feet on the fast break And a combo of Rondo + stoudamire is a much better fit than Rondo + Perk for the future.

Why for suns

They get the deal they want

Why for Philly

Perk is a much better fit than Stoudamire because Philly has so much money and playing time tied up between Brand and Thadeous Young. Perk would give Philly their Center of the futur to team up with their other young talent ( Young, William, Holiday). Perk's personality would be perfect for Philly a hard working + tough , would be a perfect fit in Philly

They also save 20 mil off the books for next year and about 70 mil over the next 4 years

They also get a first round pick which they could package to move up in the draft and they have their own pick , which should be pretty high.

They would have enough cap space to offer a max contract after next season (2012 FA)

I think it is a pretty fair trade for all involved what do you think?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 03:14:46 AM by rondohondo »

Re: Iguodala to Suns / Amare to Boston / Ray and Perk to Philly ( Trade Idea)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 12:11:32 AM »

Offline nishesh

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
I like this a lot, but not sure Phoenix is down with taking Dalembert's contract. If they are, and they throw
 in Amsudon, then hell yes! Maybe then we can call up Charlotte and say Sheed+Baby for Nazr Mohmaed and DJ Augustin. Look at our lineup with minutes for the regular season

Rondo (34)/DJ(14)
J-Rich (30)/TA(10)/Daniels(8
Paul (25)/ Daniels(15)/TA (8
KG (25)/Nazr(10)/Louis(10)/Sheldon(4)
Amare(34)/Nazr(14)

As you can see our front court is a little bit but we can sign Mark Blount for the min. He was averaging 4 points and 2 boards last year, but has 8 and 4 as a career, and he's only 33, so he can be our PJ Brown!

If we get injured, we're screwed. If we're healthy, we win banner 18. Similar situation like we're in know, except for  know, we're screwed no matter what! Please Danny Please!

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 12:25:47 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I like this a lot, but not sure Phoenix is down with taking Dalembert's contract. If they are, and they throw
 in Amsudon, then hell yes! Maybe then we can call up Charlotte and say Sheed+Baby for Nazr Mohmaed and DJ Augustin. Look at our lineup with minutes for the regular season

Rondo (34)/DJ(14)
J-Rich (30)/TA(10)/Daniels(8
Paul (25)/ Daniels(15)/TA (8
KG (25)/Nazr(10)/Louis(10)/Sheldon(4)
Amare(34)/Nazr(14)

As you can see our front court is a little bit but we can sign Mark Blount for the min. He was averaging 4 points and 2 boards last year, but has 8 and 4 as a career, and he's only 33, so he can be our PJ Brown!

If we get injured, we're screwed. If we're healthy, we win banner 18. Similar situation like we're in know, except for  know, we're screwed no matter what! Please Danny Please!

Thanks for checking out my trade, but please tell me you didn't just say sign Mark Blount.....

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 12:46:33 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

only do the deal if Mark Blount is signed then sent to Antarctica on a 7 year mission
When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
UPDATE

http://www.libertyballers.com/

In particular, the Suns are still holding out hope tha Philadelphia will come to the table and agree to a dea sending Andre Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert to Phoenix. The Suns have sweetened their offer to the 76ers by including Leandro Barbosa in a package with Stoudemire. Also possible is a three-way trade that would send Hickson and Barbosa (along with Ilgauskas) to Philly Stoudemire to Cleveland and Iguodala and Dalembert to Phoenix

I looks like they are trying to get a 3rd team ivolved. Perk is a way better fit than Hickson on Philly!!

Get in on this Danny ,  you can do it!!!!!

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yk36h8e

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yknmsgn

Add Taylor Griffin and Stephen Grahm to both of those as throw ins

So we'd have a roster that looks like this..

Amare Stoudemire
Paul Pierce
Rajon Rondo
Kevin Garnett
Jason Richardson
Mike Miller
DJ Augustin
JaVale McGee
Rasheed Wallace
Marquis Daniels
Bill Walker
Taylor Griffin
Stephen Grahm

Can you tell there's only one player on our bench I really like? haha

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1552
Only problem with this is, Hickson could be a great player, everyone already knows what Perk is.  If you are giving up real talent, you want to get back a guy that could be real talent and that is Hickson.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Why let the Sun get Iggy though?  We need Iggy more than Stoudemire. 

If Philly does this then they're clearly rebuilding.  If we had to take back Brand(instead of Dalembert) to get Iggy do you think it would be worth it?  Do you think that would be enough to get Philly to bite?

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
Only problem with this is, Hickson could be a great player, everyone already knows what Perk is.  If you are giving up real talent, you want to get back a guy that could be real talent and that is Hickson.

I'm not sure there are too many people who think Hickson could be a great player. Where is the evidence of that?

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I dont really want to trade Perk For Stoudemire. It would be a pretty dominant lineup with KG (when healthy) and Amare, but this just leaves a whole in the shooting guard spot anyway. I would much rather have Iggy and Dalembert.

Re: Suns + Philly want 3rd team involved? C's should get in on this( Rumor / Id
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 10:24:29 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

I'm not sure there are too many people who think Hickson could be a great player. Where is the evidence of that?
Cavs sure do and they have seen the most of him.  Hickson is actually pretty similar to Al Jefferson in a lot of ways.  Younger guy, very raw, good size, with a lot of talent.  Starts off with some nominal P.T. as a rookie.  Gets more P.T. as a second year guy and improves in all facets from his rookie year.  No idea if Hickson will explode in his third year like Jefferson did, but there are a lot of similarities (Al is a better rebounder, but JJ has been more consistent and complete in the scoring dept.).

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 10:41:22 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Cavs sure do and they have seen the most of him.  Hickson is actually pretty similar to Al Jefferson in a lot of ways.  Younger guy, very raw, good size, with a lot of talent.  Starts off with some nominal P.T. as a rookie.  Gets more P.T. as a second year guy and improves in all facets from his rookie year.  No idea if Hickson will explode in his third year like Jefferson did, but there are a lot of similarities (Al is a better rebounder, but JJ has been more consistent and complete in the scoring dept.).

Hickson is nothing close to Al Jefferson, Big Al has the best low post moves in the league , Hickson gers easy fast break dunks from Lebron and easy put backs. If Hickson is going to be so great why does he play less than 20 mins. This guy is so over rated

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 11:14:19 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Hickson is nothing close to Al Jefferson, Big Al has the best low post moves in the league , Hickson gers easy fast break dunks from Lebron and easy put backs. If Hickson is going to be so great why does he play less than 20 mins. This guy is so over rated
JJ is young and raw and is lacking on the defensive side of the ball.  He is getting better and will continue to get better.  Jefferson developed his low post skills, he didn't have them as a rookie or even a second year guy.

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 12:28:21 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

I agree with Moranis -- not on the Al Jefferson comparison though -- and I would rather have a prospect like JJ Hickson than an established player with a limited ceiling like Perk.

Hickson may never become as good as Perk is but he has the potential to be a lot more. When you're rebuilding, that risk is well worth taking. The Suns should gamble on Hickson's ability to be a star down the road.

Offline nishesh

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Yeah maybe the Mark Blount comments were dumber than TA...