Author Topic: Rumor: Al Harrington for Jamal Crawford  (Read 11239 times)

Re: Rumor: Al Harrington for Jamal Crawford
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 11:26:38 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 11:30:55 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Here's what RealGM is saying:

Alan Hahn [of Newsday] is reporting that a possible three-way blockbuster trade could be completed soon.

The Knicks, Warriors and Clippers may be on the verge of a deal that would involve Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins being traded in a cap-clearing move that would see the Knicks bring in Tim Thomas, Cuttino Mobley and Al Harrington.

The Clippers would land Randolph and the Warriors would receive Crawford.

All three of the players New York would acquire have contracts that expire by 2010 when LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh will be free-agents.

The Knicks could be pursuing a plan to clear two maximum salary slots for that summer's free-agency period.

Link.

Leaving the Clippers with a front line of Camby/Kaman/Randolph - none of those three strike me as a great sixth man. Anyone think Camby could be bought out and come here? ;D Obviously I'm joking but that makes little sense for the Clips.

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 11:33:07 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Alan Hahn [of Newsday] is reporting that a possible three-way blockbuster trade could be completed soon.

The Knicks, Warriors and Clippers may be on the verge of a deal that would involve Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins being traded in a cap-clearing move that would see the Knicks bring in Tim Thomas, Cuttino Mobley and Al Harrington.

All three of the players New York would acquire have contracts that expire by 2010 when LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh will be free-agents.

The Knicks could be pursuing a plan to clear two maximum salary slots for that summer's free-agency period.

Link.

Leaving the Clippers with a front line of Camby/Kaman/Randolph - none of those three strike me as a great sixth man. Anyone think Camby could be bought out and come here? ;D Obviously I'm joking but that makes little sense for the Clips.

Yeah, agreed.  There has been talk that the Clippers might move Kaman, though, so who knows; they're not exactly the best managed franchise.

This rumor was posted by Newsday at 10:00am, by the way, which is after the Vecsey story.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 11:37:39 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Isn't a Crawford/Ellis combo redundant?

A Combo of Combo guards, How delightful.

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2008, 11:45:30 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
ha!  And then harrington and chandler are another combo of combo forwards.

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 11:49:31 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Link.

Yeah, agreed.  There has been talk that the Clippers might move Kaman, though, so who knows; they're not exactly the best managed franchise.

This rumor was posted by Newsday at 10:00am, by the way, which is after the Vecsey story.

That would definitely be interesting.  I would imagine there would be a lot of interest in a guy like Kaman, who may be one of the top 5 Centers in the league right now, and is really just entering into his prime at 26.  It would definitely be a "sell high" move.

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 12:26:07 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
The clips will never get it right.  They were one of my favorite teams in the early 90's.  They were stacked but they make bad move after bad move.  Just when they start to win some games, they get rid of their best player.

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 12:37:55 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
It makes sense from the Knicks perspective as it gives them more $ for the Lebron sweepstakes. Will they have enough to sign Lebron and another player?

Seems like Walsh is doing a good job. Mullin though man, he's a pretty terrible GM. Now that Isiah and Billy King are gone, I guess its McHale and Mullin in the bad GM club.

Donnie Walsh Is a Moron. Crawford for Harrington. Please.
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 12:55:37 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Why trade your leading scorer for a moron? This trade is pathetic. Put me in charge of the knicks.

I'd be better than the last 2  scrubs in the front office.

Danny's the man. Glad he's are guy.

Re: Donnie Walsh Is a Moron. Crawford for Harrington. Please.
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 12:58:54 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be

Why trade your leading scorer for a moron? This trade is pathetic. Put me in charge of the knicks.

I'd be better than the last 2  scrubs in the front office.

Danny's the man. Glad he's are guy.

Look at the contracts.   This is about $$$.  New York wants to free up cap space.  We all know they're going to try and make a splash down the road in free agency.  Crawford has 3 years left on his deal.  Harrington has 1. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 01:07:59 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
The new info is that is Harrington for Malik Rose...

Either of them makes little sense for the warriors. I mean, why would they want Crawful? Soon they will have an all guard team...

Rose, since he is expiring, makes a little more sense but if that is the best GS can get for Al that is pretty sad. Harrington isn`t anything special but you would expect warriors to get something at least useful in return.

They may have a lot of guards, but they don't have many legit NBA quality guards.  Crawford is having a good season, and is absolutely perfect for the Warrior's run and gun system.

I think this deal makes a lot of sense for both teams.  Of course both teams would still have plenty of work to do, but I think this is pretty equal value, and a smart move.

Jackson, Ellis and Azubuike are all much better than Crawford. Probably Morrow as well.

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 01:12:18 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
If GS gets Crawford I wonder what it does to their depth chart.

does morrow lose his pt?  kelena?   i'm confused

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 01:18:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 01:24:39 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Either of them makes little sense for the warriors. I mean, why would they want Crawful? Soon they will have an all guard team...

Rose, since he is expiring, makes a little more sense but if that is the best GS can get for Al that is pretty sad. Harrington isn`t anything special but you would expect warriors to get something at least useful in return.

They may have a lot of guards, but they don't have many legit NBA quality guards.  Crawford is having a good season, and is absolutely perfect for the Warrior's run and gun system.

I think this deal makes a lot of sense for both teams.  Of course both teams would still have plenty of work to do, but I think this is pretty equal value, and a smart move.

Jackson, Ellis and Azubuike are all much better than Crawford. Probably Morrow as well.

I agree that Ellis and Jackson are better, not sure about Buike though.  And I think it is rediculous to say that Morrow is better.

And as far as I am concerned, Jackson and Buike are not competing with Crawford, since he is going to be playing mostly PG. 

I do think they need to make another move though, and try to turn one of their wings (Belinelli would be the logical choice, but he might not have enough value) into some more depth up front.

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 01:35:15 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

I agree that Ellis and Jackson are better, not sure about Buike though.  And I think it is rediculous to say that Morrow is better.

And as far as I am concerned, Jackson and Buike are not competing with Crawford, since he is going to be playing mostly PG. 

I do think they need to make another move though, and try to turn one of their wings (Belinelli would be the logical choice, but he might not have enough value) into some more depth up front.

I forgot Beli. Crawford is an inneficient shooter. He doesn't play defense, he can't  finish at the rim, he doesn't rebound, him and ball movement and antonyms. Volume scorers have their value, but the last thing the Warriors need is another one.

I agree, what they need is another big, but they should look for a defensive minded one, who could make up for Biedrins defensive flaws.