Author Topic: Hypothetical GM. Would you trade Garnett right now for..  (Read 8748 times)

Re: Hypothetical GM. Would you trade Garnett right now for..
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 02:19:20 AM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
With the contract flexibility in the near future definitely not, there's no need to with 3 straight seasons of expiring massive contracts. Defensively he's average, and what KG brings to the table with defense and intensity he makes up for his lack of youth. If anything the one thing I have absolute confidence in is Danny having a plan. Good idea, but no way, not yet.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 04:11:46 AM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
Guy's note the "Hypothetical" part of thread title. besides its fun to dream....

Dwight Howard? If he manages to get a jumper going he could be similar to KG with 'fewer' miles on the clock  ;D

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 07:56:57 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If we're talking KG on the T'Wolves, yeah; if we're talking KG on the Boston Celtics, no way.

I can't believe you guys are talking about this without prefacing it with "I would never make this trade for this team the way it is constructed because of chemistry and the ability to win now could not improve by it, but..."

If it ain't broke, you don't fix it.

And I don't see the point in dreaming of acquiring LeBron, Wade and Bosh at the expense of the current Big Three, and any of that crap, joking or not. What's the fun of rooting for the team if you look at all the players as being dispassionately replaceable by younger players with more perceived value around the league? Or just gobbling up all the best players in any way? Then you become the Yankees.

I think someone needs to quickly go to Target. I hear they will be slashing prices and someone needs to go buy a new sense of humor and humility. It was just a little(okay very little) shot at the thought of thinking of trading KG. I would only do it in my dreams and only in impossible scenarios that would almost guarantee us a championship for years and years. Lighten up.

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 08:44:02 AM »

Offline xChopsx

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 1
Bosh doesn't play well as KG on defense. In my opinion, not close in a way.

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 08:48:32 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Bosh yes, Amare no.  I think Bosh plays very good defense, not quite kg level.  Amare is an offensive machine but doesn't do much else.  Kinda like an ultra athletic Zach Randolph.

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 08:54:21 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
If we're talking KG on the T'Wolves, yeah; if we're talking KG on the Boston Celtics, no way.

I can't believe you guys are talking about this without prefacing it with "I would never make this trade for this team the way it is constructed because of chemistry and the ability to win now could not improve by it, but..."

If it ain't broke, you don't fix it.

And I don't see the point in dreaming of acquiring LeBron, Wade and Bosh at the expense of the current Big Three, and any of that crap, joking or not. What's the fun of rooting for the team if you look at all the players as being dispassionately replaceable by younger players with more perceived value around the league? Or just gobbling up all the best players in any way? Then you become the Yankees.

I think someone needs to quickly go to Target. I hear they will be slashing prices and someone needs to go buy a new sense of humor and humility. It was just a little(okay very little) shot at the thought of thinking of trading KG. I would only do it in my dreams and only in impossible scenarios that would almost guarantee us a championship for years and years. Lighten up.

nick, you know no fun is allowed in trade threads  ;)

come on guys, lighten up, its a fun thread just to mess around, no ones seriously considering shipping out the guys 12 games into season 2.  :)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 09:01:20 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
There's a relatively small bunch of players I'd be willing to trade KG for.

Two guidelines
  • If it's a perimeter player it needs to be an MVP caliber player, or a soon to be MVP caliber player, because having no big man will run the risk of losing the team opportunities to win a title. The long term benefit needs to be very large
  • If it's a big man they need to be of the All-NBA variety. I wouldn't trade for an All-Star. I think this team could win a Championship(s) with different power forwards, even if they're currently worse than KG. Bosh? Amare? Yeah they're in that group.
It's a big risk to move KG, needs to be a young(ish) player.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 04:51:06 PM by Who »

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 04:43:39 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
I don't know about this trade, but I guess, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 05:49:29 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i don't think so, chris bosh is like the mostly wildly overrated player in league.

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 05:55:37 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
After watching KG dominate Bosh earlier this season, its hard to make this argument. Bosh may put up the #'s but he'll never approach KG's intangibles.