Author Topic: Can We Talk About Scal?  (Read 35250 times)

Re: Can We Talk About Scal?
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2021, 01:10:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think Scal is just fine as a color guy next to Gorman.  He knows modern basketball and he respects Mike, and Mike is a professional who can work with anybody. 

As for the pre/postgame stuff, the whole thing is a mess.  I don't like anybody on that crew.

not even PErk?

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2021, 01:59:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think Scal is just fine as a color guy next to Gorman.  He knows modern basketball and he respects Mike, and Mike is a professional who can work with anybody. 

As for the pre/postgame stuff, the whole thing is a mess.  I don't like anybody on that crew.

not even PErk?
I thought Abby was fine before this season and Perk is ok when directed down a conversation path.  I find as soon as Scal gets involved, it all just goes to hell

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2021, 03:54:03 PM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Wow. Just saw the Reddit link. I also live out of market and prior to seeing that thought Scal was great during games. What a first class jerk he appears to be.

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2021, 04:17:51 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Are you guys misreading Scal's attempt at deadpan? I know a few years back he and Abby were buddies doing livestreams on the road.

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2021, 04:28:29 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I feel like we could do better.  He was picked because he was a goofy victory cigar player only.  Since he was a less serious guy, they thought he could capture Tommy's role a little and it hasn't worked.  He's just kind of **** but not in an endearing way like Tommy, who was a million times cooler and actually good at professional basketball to boot

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2021, 05:28:56 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
I’m a big fan. It’s rare to find someone who knows the game and really sees what’s going on in real time, and even rarer to find one who isn’t a former NBA coach - but he’s one.

Several people on here are bothered by his personality or something, but I’m not, and he has excellent chemistry with Mike.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2021, 05:31:47 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I’m a big fan. It’s rare to find someone who knows the game and really sees what’s going on in real time, and even rarer to find one who isn’t a former NBA coach - but he’s one.

Several people on here are bothered by his personality or something, but I’m not, and he has excellent chemistry with Mike.

The reason the thread got bumped is because of his disrespectful behavior during pre and postgame.

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2021, 06:01:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I'd prefer someone who doesn't know the game as well and doesn't create a hostile work environment, particularly to women, to someone who does know the game (I don't even necessarily agree with that) and is condescending, at absolute best, to those who didn't play.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)