Author Topic: What would your picks in the 2012 draft  (Read 23646 times)

What would your picks in the 2012 draft
« on: January 20, 2012, 08:11:07 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I know its early but using the nbadraft.net site and assuming that by years end we have both are picks between 15-25 who would you take?

my picks

Doron Lamb SG     

and   

Fab Melo C (want to see how he does feb 11th against uconn) / or tyler Zeller

2nd round

Draymond Green pf/sf (reminds me of anthony mason at least a ryan gnomes type player)

or

Damien Lilard pg (scorer, would go nicely off bench with avery)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:07:42 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: What would your picks in the 2012 draft
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:55:51 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 282
I know its early but using the nbadraft.net site and assuming that by years end we have both are picks between 15-25 who would you take?

my picks

Doron Lamb SG     

and   

2nd round

Draymond Green pf/sf (reminds me of anthony mason at least a ryan gnomes type player)

or

I think with the talent that will be in this draft  (superstar talent in the top 5), Ainge should really do whatever he can to get us one of those top picks.
A guy like Harrison Barnes or Anthony Davis can be a franchise player, a piece that we kinda need with the whole prospect of rebuilding.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I think with the talent that will be in this draft  (superstar talent in the top 5), Ainge should really do whatever he can to get us one of those top picks.
A guy like Harrison Barnes or Anthony Davis can be a franchise player, a piece that we kinda need with the whole prospect of rebuilding.

I agree 100% but it will be tough to pull off because everyone sees the talent. With top 5 not likely even a top 15 should yield a allstar talent.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

my picks

Doron Lamb SG     

and   

2nd round

or

The problem is that other teams recognize superstar potentila as well.  We're not getting into the top 5 without trading Rondo (plus numerous picks).  And even that might not be enough.  And if it were, I probably wouldn't do it.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
For the 2nd Round I really like Alex Young from IUPUI. He is an aggressive wing player who has an improving shot and great athleticism. Only problem is his low level competition.

http://nbadraft.net/players/alex-young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdH6p7bDeH0

"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 11:59:37 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Marcus Denmon, 18ppg 48% fg%, and 92% from the line.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 12:05:26 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I'm a fan of Mason Plumlee, he has a nice hook nowadays.

Austin Rivers would be nice in green...

Drummond - I feel like he won't be Oden-injury prone, but he will be very injury prone.

Jeremy Lamb,Barnes,Davis,Sullinger; they are all solid but won't fall to us.

I'd like picking Kidd-Gilchrist. He has a cooler name than Lebron, rebounds better, and shows good passing at times.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 12:27:12 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Mason Plumlee?  The Plumlee brothers are so offensively challenged and play in a system that does not like using their bigs to score drafting them would be a complete waste.  I would not even waste a 2nd round pick.

NEVER EVER Sign a Duke big man, Coach K has no idea how to coach up bigs.  He runs a high pick, 3 point offense that almost never looks to go inside. 

Outside of Barnes and Anthony Davis, the real players are guys like John Henson (7'6" wing span)and Michael Kidd-Gilcrist.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 12:55:06 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
This is in order of availability.

Andre Drummond
Anthony Davis
Thomas Robinson
Terrence Jones
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Perry Jones III

These are if we land on lottery. If not..,

John Henson
LeBryan Nash
Tyler Zeller
Jeremy Lamb
Fab Melo
Bradley Beal
John Jenkins
Kris Joseph

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Mason Plumlee?  The Plumlee brothers are so offensively challenged and play in a system that does not like using their bigs to score drafting them would be a complete waste.  I would not even waste a 2nd round pick.

NEVER EVER Sign a Duke big man, Coach K has no idea how to coach up bigs.  He runs a high pick, 3 point offense that almost never looks to go inside. 

Outside of Barnes and Anthony Davis, the real players are guys like John Henson (7'6" wing span)and Michael Kidd-Gilcrist.

Um, what?

Elton Brand (before injury) and Carlos Boozer have carved out pretty good NBA careers for themselves.

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 01:02:48 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
Quincy Miller
Austin Rivers or Meyers Leonard

2nd round
Quincy Acy

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 01:13:11 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I was thinking today, maybe we should draft an understudy for Pierce. Someone who would be the obvious heir to the throne, and Pierce could take on the torch passing role respectfully. Let Pierce be a part of the rebuilding in a positive way. If he feels he still has 2-3 years left, there is time to send him to a contender later, when he WANTS to go.

I'm thinking Lamb or Barnes. We may have to move up, depending on where our picks are at and how the draft plays out, but these guys are both going to be able to score early in their careers and should be comfortable coming off the bench behind Hall of Fame veterans, and winning fans. I'd be willing to package both picks to get one of them, if we were confident in the pick (yes, I'm going out on a limb and saying the Cs scouts would be a better judge than me =)).

In a dream world we would get both as our Allen / Pierce replacements, I suppose it's possible but would at a minimum require using both 1st rounders and trading a future 1st to move up. So below I mean for Lamb OR Barnes with the possibility to dream. Forget free agency and sign Bass. We'll still have plenty of cap room when Pierce moves on.

Rondo
Allen / Lamb
Pierce / Barnes
Bass / JJJ
???

Throw max deals at Howard and Love, and that's it. If they bite, great. If not, forget about FA this year except to sniff out any reasonable deals on big men (as if those happen).

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 01:16:12 PM »

Offline kn 99

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
This is in order of availability.

Andre Drummond
Anthony Davis
Thomas Robinson
Terrence Jones
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Perry Jones III

These are if we land on lottery. If not..,

John Henson
LeBryan Nash
Tyler Zeller
Jeremy Lamb
Fab Melo
Bradley Beal
John Jenkins
Kris Joseph

Harrison Barnes?

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 01:35:38 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

my picks

Doron Lamb SG     

and   

2nd round

or

Love Draymond Green.  Like him a lot better than Gomes actually.  Much better rebounder, more of a complete floor game, better ball-handler, craftier.  Plays like a PG.  Fat Boris Diaw 2.0.

If we stay in the lottery, I'm hoping for Thomas Robinson.  Dominant rebounder with solid 2-way potential.  Good transition weapon.  Great guy to pair with Rondo.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 09:41:20 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

my picks

Doron Lamb SG     

and   

2nd round

or

Love Draymond Green.  Like him a lot better than Gomes actually.  Much better rebounder, more of a complete floor game, better ball-handler, craftier.  Plays like a PG.  Fat Boris Diaw 2.0.

If we stay in the lottery, I'm hoping for Thomas Robinson.  Dominant rebounder with solid 2-way potential.  Good transition weapon.  Great guy to pair with Rondo.
Thomas Robinson is a pretty tantalizing player. Outside of those top 10 though there are great players to be drafted. Quincy Miller, Meyers Leonard, Austin Rivers. I just think its more realistic that we end up in the early to mid teens. (if we keep playing this way)