Author Topic: NCAA Tournament Thread  (Read 54232 times)

Re: NCAA Tournament Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2018, 01:40:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I think we can safely say that Bob Newhart's college winning with Sister Jean in tow and all their Gryffindor gear is the best thing to come out of the tournament in years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INIBYFBOAPA

« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2018, 07:10:42 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Overtime Duke vs Kansas for the right to go to the final four on a last second barely miss by Grayson. Other than Loyola in the Final Four does it get better than that?

« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Welp, congrats to Kansas...Grayson had his chance to be a legend and came up short.

On to next season.....

« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2018, 07:44:16 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Really want to see a David (Loyola Chicago) v. Goliath ('Nova or Kansas) national championship game. 

This Ramblers story is pretty amazing.  Has a chance to go all Hickory here.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2018, 07:57:24 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
That was literally the WORST block/charge call on a CLEAR charge to foul out Wendell Carter.  Ref right there and hesitated and literally decided to GIVE the game to Kansas.  That referee should NEVER EVER be allowed to call ANY basketball game again.  Not a YMCA league game, not a church league game, not a pick up game!!!

That ref DECIDED that game on the WORST call in OT in NCAA history!!  And I am NOT a Duke fan, but an NC State fan!!

And Allen did come up HUGE at the end of regulation my taking over the game and getting to the line twice and hitting all four FT's and then making the perfect move and shot to have literally the WORST luck ever as the shot appeared to go down, not once, but twice, and rim out.

I would be ECSTATIC if Grayson fell to us with our pick!!!  He is the type of player you want on YOUR team!!!  He is a work in progress regarding his "issues," but he has really matured this year and he is certainly an Alpha!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2018, 08:45:56 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
That was literally the WORST block/charge call on a CLEAR charge to foul out Wendell Carter.  Ref right there and hesitated and literally decided to GIVE the game to Kansas.  That referee should NEVER EVER be allowed to call ANY basketball game again.  Not a YMCA league game, not a church league game, not a pick up game!!!

That ref DECIDED that game on the WORST call in OT in NCAA history!!  And I am NOT a Duke fan, but an NC State fan!!

And Allen did come up HUGE at the end of regulation my taking over the game and getting to the line twice and hitting all four FT's and then making the perfect move and shot to have literally the WORST luck ever as the shot appeared to go down, not once, but twice, and rim out.

I would be ECSTATIC if Grayson fell to us with our pick!!!  He is the type of player you want on YOUR team!!!  He is a work in progress regarding his "issues," but he has really matured this year and he is certainly an Alpha!!!

Smitty77

Yeah, I mean, as a Duke fan I'm pretty steamed about the way the game was called at the end, but you can't control that stuff.  Gotta put yourself in position to not let it matter.

The bottom line is Duke let a clearly inferior team outplay them for most of the 2nd half and it ended up biting them in the ass.

« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2018, 10:01:41 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Smitty77
well that you have that out of your system, i did not see the game but would appreciate it if someone were to post a video of what smitty77 is carrying on about. thanks in advance.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2018, 10:34:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Grayson had his chance to be a legend and came up short.

I for one was glad to see him miss the shot, he is not a nice guy and very dirty player.  I do not believe in Karma but it could not happen to a nicer guy.

Duke deserved to lose, they had more talent but effort was not there in large spurts.

That was literally the WORST block/charge call on a CLEAR charge to foul out Wendell Carter

It was a bad call.  But it was more than one call that cost them the game.

« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2018, 10:42:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Smitty77
well that you have that out of your system, i did not see the game but would appreciate it if someone were to post a video of what smitty77 is carrying on about. thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFeOxegQxcs

I was rooting for Duke.  At the time I thought it was a horrible call.

In hindsight, though, the Kansas player had already left his feet and was in the act of shooting a layup before Carter was completely set.  Carter was there, but he hadn't clearly established position, as his right foot was still dragging.

I don't know the specifics of the rule, but it's often stated that you need both feet set.  If that's the rule, the officials probably got that call right.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2018, 10:52:27 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Smitty77

In hindsight, though, the Kansas player had already left his feet and was in the act of shooting a layup before Carter was completely set.  Carter was there, but he hadn't clearly established position, as his right foot was still dragging.

I don't know the specifics of the rule, but it's often stated that you need both feet set.  If that's the rule, the officials probably got that call right.

The announcer of the game disagreed and said he thought that the KS player had NOT already left his feet.

Smitty77

« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2018, 11:05:04 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Back to Loyola Chicago for a second...Wolverines look tough, so, this might be the Rambler's last second.

Good post above here, on their play.

They literally have four guys who can set the offense, hit an open guy on the perimeter or drive to the hoop. They play great defense, but, don't overplay.

They are small, but, play big and don't get tight in pressure situations.

On the face of it they are huge underdogs. Look at their season and watch them play. They aren't underdogs, they are a really good team that plays together as a team. Nobody waiting around for the "superstar" to bail them out...they all want the shot.

They beat #7 Florida in Florida in December, no problem.

Three seniors
Two juniors
One freshman

Since January 7th, they are..........21-1

« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2018, 11:12:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Smitty77

The announcer of the game disagreed and said he thought that the KS player had NOT already left his feet.

Smitty77

Announcers are wrong all the time. Watch the replay. He was clearly dragging his foot while the KU player was in the air. At the very least that’s a grey area, right?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2018, 11:15:50 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Smitty77

I'm a Duke fan, but this is so far from reality, maybe it's actually hilarious satire.

Greyson Allen is highly overrated.  Struggles to get his shot off against good athletes and isn't really a knock down shooter even when open.

« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2018, 11:26:58 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I'm stating on the record that I feel absolutely no joy as a result of tonight's game(s).

Sike!

The future couldn't be brighter for Duke, though.  'Heels will be playing catch-up for the next few years, I reckon.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2018, 11:40:05 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I'm stating on the record that I feel absolutely no joy as a result of tonight's game(s).

Sike!

The future couldn't be brighter for Duke, though.  'Heels will be playing catch-up for the next few years, I reckon.

How come Droopy dog Williams is losing the recruiting battle so badly to Coach K? Not that UNC has too much to complain about (considering last year's win), but it seems like UNC hasn't been getting the top talent for a while now. You might disagree with me here, but I feel like Hansborough was the last exciting UNC bball player.