Author Topic: 2014 Pick 2: General Commentary  (Read 260353 times)

Re: 2014 Pick 2: General Commentary
« Reply #480 on: March 07, 2014, 02:27:57 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
I feel like KG and Lance would get along pretty well.

« Reply #481 on: March 07, 2014, 02:35:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Why are the Nets only playing KG 21mpg?

It seems crazy to play such an important player so little. It's not like their big man rotation is loaded with talent. No wonder they are not winning more games.

« Reply #482 on: March 07, 2014, 02:37:36 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

They've already blown any chance at a high playoff seed, so they just want him to be able to contribute once they get in there.

« Reply #483 on: March 07, 2014, 02:38:42 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
About time Ashton Kutcher gets picked. I'd be so much more excited about the pick if CHI kept Noah. Korver thrives with great passing bigs, and neither ZBo or Asik fit the bill.

Really would love to see Korver on my Portland squad. Knew he wouldnt drop much further than where he was drafted.

« Reply #484 on: March 07, 2014, 02:41:40 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

It seems crazy to play such an important player so little. It's not like their big man rotation is loaded with talent. No wonder they are not winning more games.
Because KG is shot.  He is only shooting 44%, defensively has lost a couple of steps, etc.  He is still a solid rebounder and every once in awhile he looks like the KG of old, but most of the time he just looks old.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #485 on: March 07, 2014, 03:09:14 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen

Because KG is shot.  He is only shooting 44%, defensively has lost a couple of steps, etc.  He is still a solid rebounder and every once in awhile he looks like the KG of old, but most of the time he just looks old.

On most teams KG doesn't make sense, but on a team that's already a contender, where he only has to contribute 25 minutes or so and bring the passion, he's a perfect fit.

If Indi's defense was top tier before, I don't know what to call it now.

« Reply #486 on: March 07, 2014, 03:18:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

On most teams KG doesn't make sense, but on a team that's already a contender, where he only has to contribute 25 minutes or so and bring the passion, he's a perfect fit.

Oh I agree.  I probably would have taken him next round here, but the reality is, KG just doesn't have much left.  Still a great bench player, especially in a format like this, but no where near the player he was even a couple of years ago.

« Reply #487 on: March 07, 2014, 03:30:02 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
This has nothing to do against celticspride and his draft choices with the Heat... But I just think its funny that my three least favorite players in the league are James, Wade, and Bosh...

My fourth is Brandon Jennings.

And my fifth is Brook Lopez.

So even though he has assembled a talented team, he has also assembled a team that would be extremely...EXTREMELY easy for me to root against.

« Reply #488 on: March 07, 2014, 03:32:19 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

Oh I agree.  I probably would have taken him next round here, but the reality is, KG just doesn't have much left.  Still a great bench player, especially in a format like this, but no where near the player he was even a couple of years ago.

How many here actually think he will stick around next year and not retire after this one? Will he be guilted into staying since the Nets used so many picks to actually get him?

« Reply #489 on: March 07, 2014, 03:41:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
This has nothing to do against celticspride and his draft choices with the Heat... But I just think its funny that my three least favorite players in the league are James, Wade, and Bosh...

So even though he has assembled a talented team, he has also assembled a team that would be extremely...EXTREMELY easy for me to root against.
I don't really like Jennings on that team.  Just seems like an odd fit.  Lopez, IF healthy, is a great offensive player, but I think they could have used a healthy more defense oriented player there (especially someone that actually can rebound the ball). 

« Reply #490 on: March 07, 2014, 03:44:23 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Yeah, I agree that Jennings is a weird fit on that team.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #491 on: March 07, 2014, 03:51:03 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I don't really like Jennings on that team.  Just seems like an odd fit.  Lopez, IF healthy, is a great offensive player, but I think they could have used a healthy more defense oriented player there (especially someone that actually can rebound the ball).

I think Brandon Jennings is an odd fit anywhere he goes...  ;D

But I agree. LeBron and Wade could have handled the play making duties. No need for another player that makes his damage offensively by dominating the ball.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #492 on: March 07, 2014, 03:53:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
How many here actually think he will stick around next year and not retire after this one? Will he be guilted into staying since the Nets used so many picks to actually get him?

KG will retire and Pierce will sign a one year vet min deal to play with the Celtics.

« Reply #493 on: March 07, 2014, 03:56:40 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Yeah, I agree that Jennings is a weird fit on that team.

I'm drafting for talent right now will  probably be making some moves after
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #494 on: March 07, 2014, 04:21:33 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• Ray Allen
What are people's thoughts on going big for spot minutes?

PG: Stephenson
SG: George
SF: Young
PF: Garnett
C: Hibbert